1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

the long awaited nerf sniper post :D

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Clashinkov, 14 Nov 2017.

Tags:
  1. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Back when banners were still a thing, I was using this. nerf sniper.png

2. Clashinkov

Clashinkov New Member

defenders job is to soak up damage not to deal it
    you are right with your solutions i agree with all of them and even daresay shooters defence must be halved
    but we cannot endure double 30% crit snipers on shooters just because it will make the defenders unable to deal tons of damange ( they should not anyways )

3. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

Lol

4. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Pure skill, dude. I myself went 1.8k with the mk4, only stopped because of low bandage and weapon levels. Spedder mk4 can easily go toe to toe with two shooter mk5s(in the 1500s, at least) and walk out alive. With two kills.

Crashedup and The Otherguy like this.
  5. Crashedup

@ViscountSniffit just saw ur setup you have equipping a lvl 24 small shield on your mk5 why?
    You have two slots equip your big shield rare lvl 30 will increase your health atleast by 1200 hp
    @TheAntiSnipe you say you want to be like blacktail and play and assault speeder and you are equipping an bandage on your mk5 speeder why ?
    Equipping a big shield will get your HP up by a lot you will be near 4k HP that's too right now.
    Don't take it from me take it from yellowocean.
    Read his guide on assault speeders he specifically mentions playing a assault speeders need to have more HP first it will help you survive more.
    Healing always come later.
    Now to sniper crit chance most people when they equip only epic perk have 37.5 % of crit chance that's like Outta 10 shots you take you only get 4 crit shot if we round them off.
    So For a lvl 40 rare sniper 6 shots do dmg in a range b/w 320 to 340 which is a joke.
    Nerfing sniper will not nerf shooters a lot it will severely affected an ENFORCER.
    A boat which is already in shambles.
    It will also affect defender and fixers a lot too.

Your problem is not with crits your problem is with you having a low HP and worse matchmaking as you are being matched against people having a strong weapon that's all increase your HP first.
    You will find it will help you increasing your infamy a lot.

Babablacksheep likes this.
  6. TheAntiSnipe

That was because someone was trolling me, saying that bigshield reduces speed. Im ashamed to say that I listened...for one match. Otherwise...[​IMG]
    This is from one week ago, I now have 1.53 speed, level 25 OB and lv25 bigshield. So ya, I know that.
    Edit: Where did you see that setup? Do I have it equipped right now?

7. Crashedup

That stun looks( time) painful try to get more copies of it.
    I see you have copies of BC and shield do upgrade them and turbo too 1.47 is a little low for ur playstyle.
    See you on the bay

8. TheAntiSnipe

Waa~ you only saw the images!!! And I know about the stun, RNGesus hasnt been very kind. Also, I have 3.3k HP right now, but due to some hp vs speed choices, I think I can improve it after my turbo goes higher.

The Otherguy likes this.
  9. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

No point arguing sniper wont be nerfed anytime soon,Reason
    1)Was already nerfed once(Or may be twice Idk)
    2)Game is curretly diying,players are qutting,Wont focus on nerfing the most used weapon rather improve quests and frost

You people are so naive (Forming stupid unions)when it comes to frost,do you really think 7-8 people complained in zombie's Thread and they would nerf the enitre combo.Frost torp was complained for being OP long before any of this update ever hit.The update made frost so significant that it resulted in infamy rise of players in great numbers

And based on grim's responses to various threads frosts will definately be fixed,We just have to wait!The frost nerf was too hard,You blame shooters for that!! cool,because Most of them Opted no and noone even complained about launcher.Idk how we ended having such a severe One shot break nerf...

And speeder complain about how fire combo Has nerfed them.But Most significant non fire assisted shooter weapons Missiles,Railgun,Etc are already nerfed to ground and FIREBOMB combos took a big hit during this Update.Yet i dont see any shooter complaning about it.

MY POINT IS nerfing sniper will get you nowhere,Frost torp will still remain bugged.Instead keep giving suggestions and ideas to improve frost rather than complaining about sniper

Although as MIKU said, INCREASE THE BASE DAMAGE AND NERF THE CRIT CHANCE (by removing sniper specific perks)can be implemented without creating much Havok.But i do believe that this might no be the best time to nerf since it might result in good no. Of players quitting

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  10. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Because I only upgraded from mk4 last week, and Small Shield is still my best Shield, mainly because it has 3 perk slots. I finished some Brock training last night, so my t1 big Shield might just overtake it today, I’ll have to go see.

However, focusing on my equipnent is just distraction from the issue. Sniper is too versatile, and allows long range shooters to compete with short ranged brawlers (and even out-do them), without having to spend any slots (at all) on short ranged weapons. That’s a balance issue, and it would still be a balance issue if I had a million hp.

Babablacksheep and A55A51N like this.
  11. ViscountSniffit

If you’re talking about ‘The speeder whining and crying society’, that topic was obviously meant to be a joke/satire. xD

Mainly directed towards the people who tell others to stop whining in every balance discussion.

But perhaps it wasn’t the best timing. I apologise for the stupidity (albeit intended stupidity) of the topic :)

Last edited: 17 Nov 2017
    Babablacksheep and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  12. Clashinkov

Clashinkov New Member

if players will quit because the sniper got a base damage buff but reduced the absurd crit rate chance / crit rate damage
    then these players are certified noob kids that would never have spent in this game anyways

FearsomeChicken and A55A51N like this.
  13. Mervin

Mervin Active Member

IMHO, the simplest logic would be to take into consideration of other game- Counter Strike, in which the damage is consistent in both near and far range. Similarly in real life sniper weapon hurts in near range too. So it’s fine as it is now and may be rather unreal to say its damage ought to be reduced upon near range. In all honesty I don’t find the weapon to be that “OP” up to the point it needs nerfing. Live with it, improve our skills and enjoy B.B. Regardless of the changes, we humans will never be contented and always be demanding for changes incessantly XD Next moment after it's been nerf, people will realize the weapon is shitty after and demand for buff all over again, ironically :O

14. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    You think if the big shield actually reduced speed that people wouldn't be so against those tank speeders?

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  15. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

You should only be able to absorb only one sniper crit per game, youre not nerfing sniper, but buffing all ships defense

Last edited: 29 Jan 2018
    ViscountSniffit likes this.
  16. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

17. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

You are implying we are arguing from emotion and not based on the data posted in this thread and others proving sniper cannon is being abused and over used

18. Mervin

Mervin Active Member

Could see where you’re coming from and that’s valid. On a serious note doesn’t seem that the data is hampering my progression in infamy if sniper is really that overly used and “OP”, as I’ve touched a max infamy of 3k8-ish for a level 37. Up till this point I’ve never found sniper to be OP in my entire gaming session on the bay. The weapon itself is only dealing meagre damage if it sits solely on the base damage and now it’s supposedly area whereby it shines- the crits- is about to be nerfed still? That’ll just make the weapon close to being obsolete. What I find to be more OP is big torpedo and it’s ridiculous damage when it hits- combo that with frost, really isn’t that difficult to hit it precisely. But I still don’t complain about it, taking it as a challenge to step my game up. And be more aware of the speeders coming in especially. Cheers :)

19. ViscountSniffit

You can’t complain about ‘meager damage’, when you’re able to dish it out from another zip code.

For every time a sniper user complains about getting ‘meager damage’, BC and ExC users can just as easily complain about getting zero damage, because the weapon is much harder to hit with, and suffers from shots not regestering, even when they do ‘appear’ to land (Because of the slow projectile).

Maybe you are only doing 400-500 damage, but you’re landing shots that would be impossible with BC or ExC.

Then, for every BC/ExC shot that does actually connect, snipers are getting massive crits that completely dwarf other cannons.

Even when you miss with the sniper, most other guns don’t even get to fire because they are out of range.

If the sniper only crit 5% of the time, it would still be popular, which is evidenced by how popular it is in the early leagues (where it hardly crits at all, but is still widely used).

You don’t need big damage, when you can quickly, accurately, and consistently, chip away at people from outside thier range. That’s an almost a game breaking ability on its own. It doesn’t also need Railgun type damage to make it useful.

ThatOnion likes this.
  20. Mervin

Mervin Active Member

Just so you know I used to main a sniper and no longer now- flare BC carronade on my enforcer. I’d rather have the mid range but heavy consistent damage than the sniper, hoping for chanced crits from the RNG. Just sharing from someone who used sniper and no longer. If it’s that OP, common sense would’ve depicted that I’d be using sniper still instead of BC. I’ve rekt so many sniper users than the other hand. And this is coming from 3.5k infamy. It isn’t a game breaking weapon imho. I guess I’ve relayed sufficiently of my POV so y’all can carry on with the notion ^^V