1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

the long awaited nerf sniper post :D

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Clashinkov, 14 Nov 2017.

Tags:
  1. ColdOne

ColdOne Active Member

For all the Speeders that are complaining about getring rekt by snipers. Two words KEEP MOVING.

2. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

I'm a speeder that uses (and gets rekt) by snipers. They are just too effective CLOSE range. That is the problem. I have no problem getting mapped by one if I am peeking for too long. They should be able to snipe people. But when was the last time you saw a sniper IRL that was as effective in CQB with his 15lb rifle as somebody with a shotgun. That is the problem.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  3. ColdOne

ColdOne Active Member

Never thats the reason they have a high crit change, so if you hit its possibel to compensate to the Shotgun.

Babablacksheep likes this.
  4. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

That doesn’t work. I get hit all the time while moving, in the video I even get hit while using Nitro. Sniper has one of the fastest projectiles in the game, they barely even need to lead to hit a moving speeder.

I don’t even mind them hitting me, it’s an accurate weapon: fine. But then don’t have it do thousands of hp worth of damage.

Last edited: 15 Nov 2017
  5. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

What does this even mean? "If you hit"... when was the last time you EVER missed with a sniper in close range?

6. ColdOne

ColdOne Active Member

As speeder you can kite a shooter easily close range and use the waves if you look at the shooter his weapon. So if you doing it right i can never HIT you.

7. ViscountSniffit

Also, if he had had BC/ExC then yes, maybe I would still be dead, but then in exchange he would have to make do with short ranged weapons for the rest of the game. With the sniper he gets to have his cake and eat it.

It’s actually not that easy. I’ve played thousands of games as speeder, and it’s still not easy.

One wrong move, and you’re pretty much dead.

ThatOnion likes this.
  8. ColdOne

ColdOne Active Member

I also never miss my explosive Cannon at close range and that does way more damage, dont hear you complaining about that.

Babablacksheep likes this.
  9. ViscountSniffit

It’s supposed to do way more damage, it’s a 2 slot short ranged weapon, with a slow projectile. However, sniper often does more damage because of the crits, which it has no business doing, as a 1 slot, long ranged weapon, with a fast projectile.

ThatOnion likes this.
  10. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

Go to credits and click on devs name you can see each and every devs setup that way

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  11. ColdOne

ColdOne Active Member

The problem that Tugboat said was that i always hit with sniper, so i said i also never miss with explosive cannon. And dont hear him explaining about that.

12. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

That would make another railgun. What needs to be done is to reduce the insane critical hit damage (not chance), and increase the base dmg a little to compensate. Overall dmg should reduce by 10%.

13. ViscountSniffit

Probably because Ex Cannon can’t also wreck people from the other side of the battlefield.

If you want to spend 2 slots on Ex Cannon and be deadly at close range then good... that is 2 slots worth of mortars and torpedoes I don’t have to worry about at long range.

Sniper you can be deadly at all ranges, including up close, and it doesn’t cost you anything.

Last edited: 16 Nov 2017
  14. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

Upgrade ur bhurt and Brock ur HP and dmg at too low.
    If you use bandage then 3k health is fine and it you use shield then seriously train ur brock.
    It's a matter of chance if he did not get two crit back to back then his dmg would be a joke around 280 per shot
    Getting a crit depends a lot on rng even after the percentage increase there were many matches where I only got 2 crits Outta 10 shots taken.
    It was just pure damm luck that he got 2 crits back to back.

15. ViscountSniffit

My Bhurt is already trained way past the sniper crit talents, so that’s not really fair. My damage is about as high as I can get it at my captain level.

And my hp is only too low, because I’m taking 1000+ sniper crits. Of course he got multiple crits, the crit chance is insanely high. It’s not even good luck, it just standard predictable luck.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  16. Clashinkov

Clashinkov New Member

im talking in general about shooters not directly at you
    the easy solution " change your strategy" because you are out of arguments , you are against variation in this game strategies , but well , its expected from a shooter

17. Clashinkov

Clashinkov New Member

how can you compare these weapons to sniper
    these weapons are designed to make huge damage for a steak , railgun has a huge CD + its really hard to hit with it , not to mention it needs a lot of leveling up to make it this much
    a big torpedo is slow , 2 slots as well and it has a good 15 seconds CD , not to mention YOU CAN ACTUALLY DODGE A TORPEDO
    the sniper is 1 slot , 11 cd , 40 range , easy to shoot , and its as strong as these two

some weapons are made to be strong , they have their drawbacks
    sniper isnt made to be strong , its made to be able to shoot from a safe distance and have a very high hitrate that can easily be 100% per battle

18. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

BTW... I am a speeder main that uses Explosive Cannon and Sniper... So both of these issues hit home for me.

The problem is that Sniper checks all 3 "cannon" boxes. 1. High damage. 2. Long range. 3. Short range. Every other cannon only checks 2 boxes. Cannon (long and short range). Blast (damage and short range). Explosive (damage and short range). So why does the sniper get all 3?

Trust me, I love my sniper. I spent $$ to get the 3000 pearls to buy one at the beginning of my playing. It will hurt me if they nerf it. But it is necessary and fair.

FearsomeChicken and Clashinkov like this.
  19. Clashinkov

Clashinkov New Member

1. whats the difference in training brock ? lets say you got 500 more hp , thats pretty much not enough to save you from a crit hit
    2. if i wanted to play camping sniper then i would rather play shooter for more weapons
    3. over boost is not permanent
    4. im sure as hell there is a catch for what you said about being a speeder mk4 in 2400+, one does not simply get there and it could be our of pure luck and nothing else

20. Uerguy

Uerguy Well-Known Member

Shooting torps and cannons.
    You know what battle bay needs more than anything? Empathy in the community. Here you guys are, complaining about stuff without looking at the situation through someone else's shoes. For example, the frost-torp combo. Before, the frost-torp combo did a lot of damage in a single shot, but it was ok, since the frost blaster wasn't as powerful, and still gave players who are alert a chance to dodge the torpedo. It was competition between who had the greater situational awareness. But then, many players who tried the frost-torp combo thought it was too difficult to land torpedoes even with the frost blaster, without taking in consideration the other ships. Like, what else did they want? The frost blaster already makes it slightly easier to land torpedo, and gives it a massive damage boost. There's still gotta be skill required to preform the combo. But no, they didn't reason logically and empathetically. And, due to the massive amount of complaints, the devs gave frost blaster a buff. This update had dire consequences on the other ships. Not only did it make it way too easy for yellow boats to preform the combo that previously required skill, it also caused even more complaints. Now people complained about the combo that was now overused. Funny thing is, many people blame the devs on these types of problems, but the real problem is that many players have a selfish perspective that is biased on the boat they play. And now, players like @ysl suffer from everyone's selfishness.
    My point here is: look on both sides of the argument before you start making complaints and rants.

Also, I'm going to add this in: Don't judge other players based on the boat they play, it's not a nice thing to do and it starts unnecessary arguments.

ninjamutantti and _devill like this.