1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

the long awaited nerf sniper post :D

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Clashinkov, 14 Nov 2017.

Tags:
  1. ThatOnion

ThatOnion Well-Known Member

Gamer
    Meanwhile at BB HQ:

Attached Files:

2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Sniper nerfs? Suuuuuure. But I have yet to hear something that WON'T kill the sniper cannon as a weapon. As my profile pic says, I'm as far away from being a sniper cannon user as possible. But it will stop being fun to lay the smack down on a poor shooter whose sniper cannon won't crit.

3. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Your whining about sniper is getting silly now (though tbh, it was from the start). Have you forgotten that sniper did actually get nerfed (with a flat 7.5% damage reduction)?

TheFixer27 likes this.
  4. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

According to some, it ain't enough. Basically, they're mk4 speeders pissed off about the fact that they can be oneshot if they cross 2k infamy. Which, in essence, is perfectly right, EXCEPT for the fact that mk4s level at 1.8k. Also, the same people won't notice that they can just stay the hell away from said sniper, and engage him when he isn't looking. It's difficult tho.

Whatever, I support the notion. Sniper cannons are too ubiquitous to be balanced. What we can nerf is not something I say I have ideas about though.

The Otherguy likes this.
  5. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

I am thoroughly confused whether sniper should be nerfed or no.As shooter I get wrecked by SNIPERs more often than any speeder, speeder the only boat where you have to lead sniper shot perfectly to injure them, because of it's fast and unpredictable movement.They should be the last class complaining about it.

One thing that confuses me tho is Sniper crit does same damage as my railgun T4 rare.

Railgun opportunistic ,2 slotted weapon,req high skills,High chance to Miss ,High reload(almost useless in crash n burn) vs sniper 1 slot ,less skill req,Fast projectile,Curve,accurate is almost as beastly as RAILGUN(EDIT forgot to add the decrease in damage at close range upto 70%)

For me nerf of crit hit total damage, it shouldn't be more 1k. Everything else is fine.

P.S.----i use both them.

Last edited: 15 Nov 2017
    The Otherguy and A55A51N like this.
  6. Clashinkov

Clashinkov New Member

of course you won't , lazy shooters like you are the only reason sniper didnt get a nerf yet
    let me tell you how this works
    blast cannon : high risk ( needs to be close ) high reward (higher damage)
    cannon : medium risk ( 25 range) medium reward ( good dps )
    sniper cannon : low risk ( you camp with it like all shooters do with the 40+ range ) lower reward ( lower damage )
    thats how it should work , dont come and bull**** me and tell me that a low risk high reward weapon should not be nerfed , a weapon which all cowards can camp and deal massive damage while having a very fast projectile is the most imbalanced thing i ever seen , atleast you can dodge a mortar and a torpedo , how the hell am i supposed to dodge a well placed sniper shot that i cant see where is it going until it hit me
    snipers crit chance should not be able to reach a max of 45%
    the sniper crit chance should be lowered to a maximum of 30% , so that the average should be 15% and thats it
    otherwise , the sniper should take 2 slots , or the sniper should have a minimum range so the mortar campers cant use it anymore

7. Clashinkov

Clashinkov New Member

oh no , the sniper got a 7.5% reduction , what misery
    lets say we had a base 300 sniper cannon , thats 277.5 damage after the nerf , yet with crit it still goes over 650 easily

The Otherguy likes this.
  8. Clashinkov

Clashinkov New Member

i understand but i am not one of the double turbo nitro ob speeders , i still have alot of downtime between my OB activations and if i am for example stopping a capture or defending the solo fixer its very likely that i get shot with a sniper ( put in mind i have no defence points unlike shooters * coughs * ) , not all speeders are the stupid rusher type that just spams torp and prays that it hits , some of us play tactically as well :p

9. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

Exactly this.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  10. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

Sniper is a well balanced weapon.
    Hear my pts
    1. It has such a low arch waves block you from taking a shot so many times.
    2. Crit chance dmg + non crit chance dmg make the dmg equal to two shots of same lvl BC might be less.
    And all those Mk4 speeders crying for its nerf here's my advice
    1. Train Brock it has such a good hp upgrades.
    2. Use ob to escape from getting critted by sniper watch the mini map always keep eye on unfriends.
    Use more cover.
    3. If you can try using sniper it's a good weapon and will keep you at long range from enemy ships thus help you survive more.
    PS: I am Mk4 speeder too went to 2400+ infamy with all those sniper being around.
    With Rare items.
    What you need to do is change ur playstyle a little adapt improvise overcome.
    Not everything need a nerf.
    Hope it helps.

11. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Might as well join the discussion.

Here is a video of me with my ‘allegedly’ overpowered Tesla Bolt, Ex Cannon and Speeder (built for the express purpose of destroying isolated ships in close combat). And this is how I fare (in close combat) against an isolated shooter built for long ranged sniping...

Note how I get hit, even while using Nitro to try to get away. And how I have to eat a huge crit before I can even land the first stun, and how stunning doesn’t work anyway, because: really need a rudder > can’t replace shield and turbo.

Last edited: 15 Nov 2017
  12. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

FACING A FULL HEALTH SHOOTER F2F,NOT A GOOD IDEA

The Otherguy and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  13. Uerguy

Uerguy Well-Known Member

Shooting torps and cannons.
    I'm getting really tired of all this whining about certain weapons or items being overpowered. A lot of times, it's mostly the infamy you're at and the matchmaking system. For example, I the other day I was playing a match against nightmare league players, (please note that I'm a mark 5 shooter with only tier 4 rares at 3k infamy) so these guys have like tier 5 epics or multiple tier legendaries. And I got hit by a tier 5 epic railgun shot, which did around 2,300 dmg, which, in fact, wiped my health to less than half. Then I got hit with a legendary big torp because I got stuck in a swell, literally killing me before I could bring the other shooter to half health (he had past 7k health)
    Now you don't see me getting all salty about that incident and whining my butt off, saying things like "Nerf Railgun", "Nerf Mark 6 Shooter", or even "Nerf Legendary Big Torp", and all that gibberish. I just accept the fact that there is never going to be a perfect matchmaking system, and move on. I usually face players with far better gear than me, and you don't see me complaining. Even when I faced off against @ysl, I never complained about @ysl's gear or tactics. I blamed the matchmaking. The devs said they improved matchmaking, so let's hope it works.

14. ViscountSniffit

Well yeah... shooters start the game at full health, what you gonna do?

And actually it wasn’t F2F, I did stun him and suceeded in getting behind him. But then his turret caught up (even though he’s moving forwards and turning backwards) and then lands 900! hp crit at close range (the second in a row). My Ex Cannon only does 555, and that’s meant to be a 2 slot CC beast.

15. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

I do not believe Sniper is overpowered, I just think it is overused and over efficient.

The reason MOST people use it is not for high damage, but rather because it allows you to hit your target from a further distance more consistently due to the bullet speed. This allows you to start an engagement earlier or kill a weak ship from further away. The crit damage is just icing on the cake.

I think the way to fix it is NOT to nerf it's effectiveness at long ranges. That is the selling point of the gun. I think the nerf should make it harder to use CLOSE RANGE.
    Equipping a sniper should: slow your turret rotation and (maybe) slow your ship. Also reduce the crit chance or crit damage based on a minimum range.

The gun should be the opposite of carronade. Extremely deadly at long range and useless at short range.

A55A51N likes this.
  16. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Miika has nerfed every item on his boat besides rudder (well he did a few updates ago not sure what his setup is now)

17. ViscountSniffit

I completely agree. If shooters want to fight with speeders at close range, they should be forced to dedicate a slot to that purpose: BC/ExC/Carronade. Not get away with using the same 1 slot weapon they use to snipe people from halfway across the battlefield.

_devill likes this.
  18. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

If his sniper is rare it would be lvl 35 already
    And BC and ec at same level deal above 750 dmg at that range you would be dead whether it was either of those canon.
    Mk4 speeder is one of the worst boat to go on 1v 1 with any ship specially one who is one mk above you so try as much as possible to avoid 1 v 1 second you did a good thing by stunning him your next move would have been to run away not engage on 1v 1 it will always get you killed.
    Once you get to mk5 you can easily 1v 1 any boat because then you will have both nitro and ob which will help you in remaining behind the enemy turret every time

19. ColdOne

ColdOne Active Member

First of all we can be friendly to eachother. Second of all dont say im camping if you dont played ever against me, because i dont camp. I know you are thinking just react on everybody then they will nerf the sniper. Last thing if you get rekt by snipers maybe you need to change your strategy.

20. ViscountSniffit

That is my mk5.

Also my BC is Rare L39 and it does ~680 damage. He was able to do 2K in 2 shots.