1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

The fixer problem

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by BasedCarpen, 26 Jul 2017.

1. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

As shown elsewhere, chances are roughly 50% that you will win. If it was vastly different something would change.
    ----
    Try going over your last 500 games and see for yourself. 2 Fixer vs 0 Fixer is not a big deal.

2. Mamamyers

Mamamyers Well-Known Member

Loser
    Ill be doin mad good winning a few in a row. As soon as i see 2 fixers on the other team im like ok fuck here we go get ready for the lose streak now. I call it just about every time.

3. Cyberfisch

Cyberfisch Active Member

Firstly, aunt google had to explain what DGAF in the language urban hipster means.
    Secondly I follow your so strongly defended view.
    I come to the conclusion that a match 0 Fixer against 4 Fixer on the opposite team even more, under no circumstances and never ever is winnable, right?
    So please GAF and check earlier in this thread of me posted data. If that is too much effort then I repeat
    Screenshot_20170609-234331 (2).png
    So if you are not trolling, but continue so vehemently and persistently against all the arguments argued, we have in Germany for such people the beautiful word beratungsresistent.
    And you have not to visit the aunt; it means resistant to any advice.
    Moin

SCOOTY PUFF Jr, iRSS, Totoro and 2 others like this.
  4. Mamamyers

Loser
    Lolololololololol

5. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

If you trust @Miika then you will trust that there is no big difference in winrates for the 2 fixer team vs the 0 fixer team -- Or you could trust me, having played almost 6k fixer games & actually bothered to go through part of my battle log to check.
    If you consistantly loose when playing vs such a team, perhaps its time to consider why everyone else can win half & you lose all of them? [A more likely explanation is that you selectively only remember the ones you lost]

JJf likes this.
  6. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    IMG_0229.PNG Omg! I can find a single picture to prove any side I want! OR I can rely on data that has been posted for all to see.

iRSS likes this.
  7. Mamamyers

Loser
    No one said ots impossible to win. I have won a decent amount like this. But def lost more. 7outta10 chance id say

BasedCarpen likes this.
  8. lunny7

lunny7 New Member

In 9 out of 15 of my matchups this morning, I was on a team with no fixers facing a team with fixers. Two of those matches I had a team with no fixers against a team with two fixers. THAT is not possible to win if the fixers are halfway decent. My team did 20000 more damage overall, still lost 5-1.

9. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    The OP has made the claim that two fixers healing each other is impossible to win. Data researched and posted proves otherwise. I used to fear it pre nerf, I do not anymore. I also looked at 10 battles of this scenario, and I won 6 out of 10. I am sure it would edge closer to Kitterini's law of averages numbers if I made the effort.

There may be variation among players of course. The real issue is the OP insists his single pic is a counterweight to reasoned evidence and argument. We are all used to this line of anecdotal reasoning in forums though...thick skin serves me well.

10. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    KItterini has stats on it. ;-)

You may be surprised. And he is a good fixer.

As a fixer, I feel great injustice when I see a bunch of speeders on my side and not on the other side. I feel like I will lose all the time. I suspect this is not the case though. And even if it leans to my losing slightly more, experiencing a variety of scenarios keeps the game interesting. I don't want an overly repetitive game. It needs more variety as it is, not less.

11. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

Disclaimer: The following post has a lot of caps, the caps are meant to throw emphasise and is in no way meant to insult, offend, hurt or yell at people.

I believe it's possible to win no matter how big the fixer number difference between the 2 teams are, unless if the enemy team has more number of players over all than your team but I'm sure that is never the case.

It's a 5 min game, nobody respawns, you kill people once they die for good. If your unfriends have MORE fixers than you, it means that they have SIGNIFICANTLY LESS DMG POTENTIAL THAN YOU.

Those are ships, with 1 fudging gun, they can't do any dmg on their own. If you have more shooters or speeders, then you SHOULD be able to freaking deal MORE DMG than your enemy team.

If you didn't then there's only 1 explanation. You were all camping or hiding behind rocks and cliffs, you were all peeking out and hiding again trading shots like it's a bloody tower defense game poop.

That IS NOT how you play against a team with more fixers, you do dmg and hide, their fixers heal whatever dmg you do and then you peek out again and shoot.

It's a 5 min game, merely fixing a team can keep their team alive but can't get them their victory, they need more dmg and they don't have that

YOUR UNFRIENDS HAVE MORE FIXERS, YOU ATTACK LIKE CRAZY AND TAKE THEM OUT.

That IS THE ONLY WAY YOU WIN AGAINST A TEAM WITH MORE FIXERS (This under the assumption that the fixers are good).

As for the op, I only have 1 thing to say to you, you claim the fixers were busy healing each other so 5 of you couldn't take them out.

This means that the 2 fixers were too busy taking care of their other fixer and neither of them could focus on the 3 other ships.

WHAT THE FUDGE WERE YOU AND YOUR TEAMMATES DOING? WHY WERE YOU IGNORING THOSE EASY TARGETS. WHY WEREN'T YOU FOCUSING ON 3 SHIPS WHICH ARE NEITHER GOOD AT FIXING THEMSELVES OR THEIR TEAMMATES BUT INSTEAD FOCUSING ON 2 SHIPS WHICH ARE REALLY GOOD AT HEALING EACH OTHER AND THEMSELVES

YOU COULD'VE TAKEN THEM OUT FIRST AND THEN YOU'D HAVE ATLEAST GOTTEN THE VICTORY BY MORE KILLS.

Sorry for the all caps

Last edited: 27 Jul 2017
  12. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

The issue is not simply the ratio of fixers, it's having two fixers who continually heal each other making it impossible to destroy one of them. Commence with the strawman scenarios though.

13. CheekyDevilGod

Read my edited post please, may help you. Or not

14. Mamamyers

Loser
    Ya im not saying you CANT
    Just saying its 100% a lot harder and a difficult challenge. But when you do win against it, its a wonderful feeling lol

Totoro likes this.
  15. CheekyDevilGod

Are you by any chance a shooter with a lot of low dps weapons?

16. Mamamyers

Loser
    I mean not really.
    Epic t3 canon
    Rare t2 LRM maxed at 2
    T3 rare berta
    T2 maxed rare torp
    Epic sheild t3 rare turbo

17. CheekyDevilGod

You have 2 weapons which very rarely do the dmg they are capable of doing (How many times can you get a non frozen, non defender ship on the centre of a mortar? Especially hard against ships which have yellow slots), one has a 10 sec cd and another with more than 10 sec cd, both useless at close range and only 1 weapon with a 5 sec cd which can be used in close range.

You run like the second most least effective type of builds against fixers (The first being 3 mortars or a mix of mortars and railgun).

You need team focus and dps to kill a fixer, if a minimum of 3 players aren't hitting the fixer, stop shooting the fixer at all, switch targets.

18. Mamamyers

Loser
    I fck ppl up with my motars. I try and watch which way they move and stick the target in front or behind. And all my matches im legit always # 1 or 2
    I love the berta. I feel like.majority of ships are shooters.
    Iv tried sniper not really good at it. Had a few rare rail guns. Same thing.

19. CheekyDevilGod

Here's some stuff that you can do to help get yourself a win if you are facing a team with more fixers than your team.

First, STOP TRYING TO TAKE OUT THE FIXER AT THE START OF THE GAME. Fixers heal and they won't make a huge difference at the start of a match, I made that mistake and it cost me a LOT OF MATCHES.

While you are busy trying to kill a fixer, the rest of their team shoots at you and unlike their team, you don't have a strong heal so you end up losing a player or two by the time you kill or even weaken the fixer.

First off, if you have mortars, fire bombs or napalm, spam them like hell, confuse them and cause chaos, that'll split up their team from being together and 1 unfortanate dude gets separated, fixers won't usually follow the players but if he does, 1 more easy kill.

FOCUS ON THE SHIPS WITH HIGHEST DMG POTENTIAL FIRST. Take out the shooters, then the enforcer, then defender, and finally speeder.

Once you take out the dmg dealers, the fixers don't have anybody to heal except themselves and then you can focus fire on them without the danger of getting killed first and losong the game.

By this point the fixers would either give up or lose against the focus fire, or the game would reach the time limit and you'd win by having more kills.

I hope I helped, more experienced players please tell me correct me if I'm wrong or add more.

Mamamyers likes this.
  20. CheekyDevilGod

Never said your build sucks, it's just slightly more ineffectice when you use it against a fixer, just slightly though.

You can still use it to win against a team with fixers though, just don't use it ON a fixer unless you are sure it's an easy kill.