1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

The driftshot and flow dodge

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by TheAntiSnipe, 8 Oct 2018.

1. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

1. Driftshot

How do you do a driftshot? These types of shots are really good-looking, and you can use them for a "shock and awe* effect, or to dodge while you shoot. How is it done tho?

Well, the nitro lasts a second. Driftshotting can be done when you're overboosting and nitroing. When you nitro, wait till the nitro is almost expended, the twist 90° left/right. Your gun will have come out of GCD. Then, fire.

You can chain driftshots on an enfo by activating OB, reversing, and redoing it, if you have endgame nitro and OB. Because driftshotting is a process that takes 7.5s per cycle minimum, and everything just snaps into place at that point. You'll end up looking like this from the top:

/\/\/\

It not only allows you to dance at the tips of mortar circles, it also completely removes the need to "check 3" as enfos were needed to do in the past while dancing, since you're literally all over the place.

So go ahead, walk out, and slay your enemies!

2. Flow-dodging

This style needs you to "go with the flow", so to say. It's a mix of @Joey who 's tornado that allows you to adapt to being up close with enemies. I really cannot offer tips, because it only really works when you're in the zone, and you "feel" attacks coming before they happen. But in general, it's a tornado rotation coupled with a little driftshotting and a "half-tornado" move thrown in.

Main tip: Don't be afraid to shoot, it's okay to spam a little when you're evading hard.

JoshW, Nikkie!, This Is Me and 3 others like this.
  2. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    Very good moves that I will certainly use later.
    One question: Does it work for speeder? It might have enough agility although not as much as enforcer.

Litcex and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  3. Packiedesu

Packiedesu New Member

amazing, taking notes

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  4. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Lol I just use a piercing strategy. Just pierce, fire, pierce, fire

STEP ONE: get a nitro you hobo
    STEP TWO: go to a battle.
    STEP THREE: find an enemy
    STEP FOUR: nitro through them
    STEP FIVE: fire

Repeat step 4 and 5 until enemy is freshly charred with some salt

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  5. TheAntiSnipe

"Pierce" works very well on a speeder, especially a torp speeder with good perception. Generating "micro-blindspots" every time you nitro gives you a great shot at using the "wildfire" torp+blast combo. However, the tradeoff is that, no matter how skilled you are, you sacrifice HP for every pierce. That is highly dangerous when you're up against a whale. Thus, "pierce" is a strat that must be used when you know the opponent has crit-type or mortar-type guns.

Flow dodging is something that every ship can do, you just need to be "in the zone" for it to work. It is the #1 best moveset for a high-powered speeder who is good at this sort of thing. However, driftshotting is only really possible(and plausible) with torp speeders. Our friend @00starlord00 (aka #Beast_Hunter from my montages) can testify to that.

Nikkie! and Agile Vanguard like this.
  6. Agile Vanguard

Woul you call 0.49 of the 2nd video drift shooting?

7. Craigjnoble

Craigjnoble Well-Known Member

I used to fight a speeder who done this to my fixer for a guaranteed explosive cannon hit. Every time I seen his name I was like here we go again.
    So I usually parked myself of on a friendly mine. It was hilarious

8. TheAntiSnipe

It wasn't intended to be driftshotting, but ended up being driftshotting as a flowdodge

Nikkie! likes this.
  9. Agile Vanguard

I use a sort of sidestep pierce. When I'm close to an enemy,

1. I nitro through the enemy, but calculating it so that the engine of my ship is about 1cm away from the enemy.

2. The enemy turns around to face you, fire to temporarily blind them (exploit this feature) and reverse into them and out the other side.

3. Fire again and repeat until
    A) The enemy is dead
    B) The turret catches up, in which case you would activate your tesla shield, get stunned and use step 2 without the firing, while the enemy is on global cooldown.

10. Skirra08

Skirra08 Well-Known Member

That works great with the carronade, guarantees all 7 hit and because of the slow down it's easy to get away, especially if you have 2 nitros