1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

The "DON'T SEE INFAMY" challenge

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Captain Gilligan, 6 Aug 2017.

1. Captain Gilligan

Captain Gilligan Well-Known Member

Freelance Motion Designer
    We all know the story. You get back from "whatever stressful thing you do in life" and want to unwind. So you play a bit of battle bay. It starts off well, you win your first couple of matches, and you watch your infamy slowly rise :D But then you lose a match, and again...and again..and your infamy is right back to where it started. At this point every time you lose or win a match you glance at your infamy just hoping it will be higher than before. Your mental state relies on the advancement of your infamy.

What if...you never looked at your infamy?...

The more I play, the more I see that infamy makes me angry the most. For some reason I expect it to be WAY better every battle I play, and when my unrealistic goal is not achieved, I get frustrated. It only takes a mere 160-165 wins to make it from 0 to 4000 infamy. What if you made the choice to avoid looking at your infamy in anyway possible for just one day? I believe your experience battling would increase! I believe that unrealistic feeling that you have to preform would dissipate and you could finally play the game for fun!

So if you wanted to do this, just to test it out, what would you need to do?
    1. Cover up/don't look at your infamy in the top left corner on the home screen
    2. Try not to click on your profile
    3. Try not to look at your standing in the season or your guild, this might be difficult, but it shouldn't last for long
    4. When you start a battle, cover up EVERYONE'S infamy so you don't get an idea where you stand
    5. When a battle ends, the same as #4

I am curious to see how it turns out for you if you decide to try it. Let me know below :)

Ultrah and behumble like this.
  2. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

They should ad an option in this game to hide infamy.

Captain Gilligan likes this.
  3. Captain Gilligan

I agree wholeheartedly. It would help a lot

4. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    Idk why I care about my infamy... Its all going to be negligible at the next ship upgrade anyway lol

5. xxxBISMARCKxxx

xxxBISMARCKxxx Well-Known Member

Infamy alone I don't care about. The associated gold and sugar bonuses, however...

Dez Lew and Wishaal like this.
  6. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

I tried my best, failed after three losses. Devs really should think about this idea.

7. Jennyfur3810

Jennyfur3810 Active Member

This would be a good idea to implement! I get cranky irl if I drop to much infamy.. lol

8. Captain Gilligan

You tried your best :) Its so hard not to look at it!

Ultrah likes this.
  9. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

THIS!!!!

I NEEED THIS SO BADLY!!!!!!

10. Captain Gilligan

Your enthusiasm is astounding :p game modes? Nah. New Items? Nah. Just an option to toggle off the infamy

11. CheekyDevilGod

That takes a lot of developing to get new items and game mods, devs are too lazy and don't care enough to do all that.

Togling off infamy on the other hand should be easy, we can demand this and actually get it if we make enough noise

12. Spongeboat

Spongeboat Well-Known Member

I'm in desperate need of this "hide infamy" feature. I just lost my shit whenever I'm on a losing streak and my infamy got lowered significantly. It makes me frustrated and it affects my playing to be worse and resulting in an even longer losing streak.

13. CheekyDevilGod

I'm sure we all have that issue

14. PanickedMuffin

PanickedMuffin New Member

I don't have infamy to lose :oops:. My team won't let me heal them. All i want to do is touch them with my heals.

Jennyfur3810 likes this.
  15. Dez Lew

Dez Lew Member

I just hate losing..

16. Captain Gilligan

:p well that would be a little more difficult to change. You can't just toggle off losing