1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

the battle bay inconvenience store ... a lawsuit waiting to happen?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by mang inasar, 14 Jun 2017.

1. ArctiC

ArctiC Active Member

Not sure if some tweaks are going to hurt their cashflows. I believe in the power of customer feedback as a happy customer usually provides a good feedback and helps to bring more customers. Atleast the developers need to consider the trade off between solely making profits or making this game one of the best games on the app store which makes more people willing to give it a go and invest in it at the same time. Battle bay has a lot more potentional to generate additional revenue only if things are done in a right manner!

2. mprovie

mprovie New Member

Guys, Rovio is not some new start up studio. They have been around for a very long time and generate a lot of revenue. Any idea that they are missing personnel or are making uninformed decisions about any aspect of this game is naive.

Miathan and D3X like this.
  3. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Exactly, they have been in the "game" for years. They even made their millions with Birds and Piggies, so Battle Bay's RNG shop system isn't a poor mistake, it was deliberate. It's for Rovio's investors to create a business model similar to other companies (like King, Machine Zone, Supercell) who are doing the same and to create a cash cow of a game. This is it, they've been putting all the eggs in this basket.

For a very much related read, here's the longer going thread about the Shop System. Thanks.

https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/current-shop-system-does-it-suck.151

Last edited by a moderator: 15 Jun 2017
    mang inasar likes this.
  4. Mamamyers

Mamamyers Well-Known Member

Loser
    Idk about a lawsuit but yea it definitely sucks that we can't just buy the items we want..
    What really sucks is all the people who played before all us new ones got lucky.. They got bad ass items and us new ones have to work hard and try and hope and get lucky to get what we need.. Which obviously isn't happening.. We got the shit end of the stick for sure smh

5. mang inasar

mang inasar Active Member

yeah i am aware there are other threads complaining about the shop system too, i just posted this because i wanted to bring up this specific topic. discussions on other threads cover a broader spectrum of things. but yes, if i have other complains that dont get me so riled up like this one, i will try to post in those threads too.

6. Moto Oba

Moto Oba New Member

i think they just need to make every weapon upgradeable in their value.

So common parts can become uncommon, and etc. Of course they just need to make it so it's difficult but like you said, it's something you can farm.

7. mang inasar

mang inasar Active Member

rather than missing personell or uninformed decisions, i would think rovio just made an honest mistake in making the shop system too random and as a consequence, normal spenders will not get the stuff they want to purchase ... unless they burn a hole through their wallets and spend like a grandson of an oil tycoon - then and only then would they get the the thing they need whenever they need it.

i am hoping people at rovio are not so narrow mindedly greedy and realize the flaw in the system and fix it.

8. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

This isn't the first game to have a capsule system. Lots of older MMOs used one to milk cash users, since you usually need to spend more money in capsules than you would if you just bought the item outright. It's just another P2W system. P2W isn't illegal.

They don't even need to make it so it's difficult. The upgrade system is just as much at fault as the capsule system is, it all begs for more cash to get ahead. It's one massive time-wall to disguise the lack of real content present in the game and they both stifle any competitive presence the game might have. If you think of a system where things are more fair and in the player's favor and your first thought is, "but then why would I play the game", that means there's a serious problem with the game.

9. Ritchie thayre

Ritchie thayre New Member

I know it sucks but at the end of the day you know exactly what your paying for so if you don't lie it I suggest not paying

10. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Let me say this:
    If you are in nightmare and are a p2w player, with a bunch of epics, you need sugar, gold, training and items to level up to that difficulty, all of which you can buy. But items are random, so the system is wrong?

No!
    The inconvenience store is essential to balance. Suppose everyone got what they came for. A sniper main got five epic sniper cannons with epic perks. Who on Earth could stand in front of that much firepower? Guys, the store is kinda wrong, but, man, just change drop rates and everyone goes home happy!

11. Lord Drek

Lord Drek Member

I actually somewhat appreciate the random drop aspect because if I got the weapons I thought I wanted I woulda never tried and got good at the weapons I got stuck with...

12. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    So many use this random-drop system. It is well established in gaming; Battle Bay did not invent it. Where did they get the idea? Gambling..a millennia proven, addictive methodology to get people to part with quite a bit of change. Why would they essentially digitally recreate a slot machine to get money? One can only wonder.

China (of all places) very recently enacted a law requiring game developers to reveal the odds of these random-based rewards (ever heard of Overwatch...they have to publish odds in China now) if they require purchase. It may help for some people to control their spend once the stats get published. But they reveal the odds in Las Vegas too. Doesn't stop the cash flow.

THE HOUSE ALWAYS WINS!

I don't see a lawsuit coming unless a new law is passed. So you have been warned. I doubt it matters.

Last edited: 16 Jun 2017
  13. RESQMI

RESQMI Active Member

Well I have not seen any law suits against a game developer on such case yet and doubt it will ever happen.
    Most of us don't really read any of it's terms of use agreement when we are installing the game. We already agree to the terms they set when we choose to install it.
    The worst case for the Dev will be to loose the players, server resources under utilize and the game get shut down. They got their ass covered.
    Even if you don't read any of the agreement, the description in play store is very clear and simple to understand. Free to play but in game purchase available. One can always choose to play for free entirely.

Take a break from time to time and don't stress yourself over a virtual achievement. All these anger and frustration caused by a game is unhealthy.

Peace and happy grinding. :D

TheAntiSnipe and Totoro like this.