1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

The 1hour farm experiment - Fixer vs Speeder!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Kitterini, 21 Aug 2017.

Tags:
  1. Swarlos

Swarlos Member

You truly didnt get Kitterini's point, did you?

Rainbow Warrior and The Otherguy like this.
  2. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

Kitterini's point is that fixer is underappreciated in comparison to speeder despite the fact that he played fixer for 17 games and the speeder for 25 games.

Kitterini claims that he won more % games with fixer but we can't take his statistics cause he played 8 matches less than he played with speeder. Unless he really did play equal number of matches with both fixer and speeder at the same infamy lvl. We really can't say for sure if fixer is underappreciated.

HE and several players might take gold, sugar per minute stat over gold sugar per match but that doesn't make it right. It appears to me that kitterini wants fixers to get more rewards simply cause it takes longer for a match to end, which is a very wrong reason to buff up fixer rewards according to me.

Unless and until we can see stats of both fixers and speeders being played equal matches at the same infamy level, we cannot prove that fixer is underappreciated.

3. CheekyDevilGod

I will however admit that fixers should get more rewards for simply healing. Fixers are ships that were meant to fix up other ships, it's not "a ship that can heal", it's "the only ship that can heal".

All the other ships just need to do tons of dmg, and maybe support in the form of stun, freeze, burn etc.

To expect fixers to support, heal AND do dmg to get 3 stars or even 2 is nothing short of silliness. Why the hell would fixers even bother fixing up other ships if they were treated this way?.

The Otherguy likes this.
  4. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

My point is that playing speeder for 1hour results in 50% more stars and 25% more gold (compared to fixer). Right now I'm having alot more fun with my speeder, so it doesnt really affect me, however I still cant see a logical reason as for why Fixers need to play 25-50% longer to farm the same amount of ressources.

There are two means of progression in Battle Bay, time and money. Here (in DK) pearl prices are 20% higher on my iPad compared to my Android phone, which one do you think I would use to buy pearls?
    Same logic applies to time spend.

5. Miika

Miika Game Lead

I just want to highlight something again to all of you who think healers are being treated wrong and needs buffing. The data I just showed said they are already gaining 12% *more* than speeders. Even the original posters data showed he got 21.8k gold per battle on fixer and 25.5k per battle on fixer. That is 17% more. How does this make fixer underappreciated? If anything speeder would need a slight buff on contribution.

Ultrah and Disguised like this.
  6. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

Not quite. The solution to this would be to just increase rewards for matches that last longer, like a Time Bonus. That would improve things for everyone, not just Fixers.

To add a dissenting opinion on this topic, for once I agree with Miika on this. It looks worse on the ground than it actually is. Most Fixers I see don't make less stars than anyone else, and I've been in a lot of matches where a Fixer got more stars than I did without doing a significant amount of damage. Healing counts for a lot.

David Bonaparte and Disguised like this.
  7. Kitterini

I'll be happy to concede that results might differ for others. This is a typical outcome for me though, inparticular in terms of low fixer star count.

Highlighting gold pr game is not a fair comparison to draw from this sample. No fixer plays at 70% winrate. The only reason fixer is this close is because a week of learning speeder has dropped my infamy down to where I dominate as fixer.

8. Disguised

Disguised Well-Known Member

That's a brilliant idea, and it might convince some people to stop suiciding.

9. Miika

Miika Game Lead

And drag along battles because people would be running, hiding or outright not fighting until the end because they would try to maximixe the rewards, which would be super annoying. It's best that people have incentive to fight well and move to next in a timely manner.

10. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

If the bonus is suitably small, none of that will happen any more than it does now since it wouldn't be worth the extra time spent. The idea is based off the assumption that there's no time bonus at all right now, so any bonus at all would be an improvement for Fixer games.

11. Disguised

Disguised Well-Known Member

Riiight.. Didn't think of that. But to quote what @Netsa posted, "If the bonus is suitably small, none of that will happen" and the small bonus should just be part of the secret sauce, thus practically nobody knowing that it exists and exploiting it.

12. CheekyDevilGod

This is silly. I'm extremely sorry to say this, rewarding players based on mstch length is ridiculous.

13. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

It's usually done on games that have much longer match times than five minutes, but it's all relative. Sitting in a match for a full 5 minutes because both teams had a double-Fixer isn't great when I could get the same rewards in a match that only lasted a minute and a half because of a successful blitzkrieg. There's an incentive right now to end a match quickly, even if it means killing yourself.

14. Kitterini

I do think a more healthy solution is to consider if the different classes are able to farm at the same pace. Its not hard to add a hidden multiplier to an underperforming boat.

Fixers contributing 12% more pr game is fine and all, but whether they only play 12% less games I'm more sceptical off. That is not the case for me anyhow, your milage may vary.

Anyway, I'm happy with a dev response. Then time will tell if they reach the same conclusion as I did. The seed has at least been planted!

15. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

My opinion,
    If you tune your fixer as a fast selfish fixer you can heal and make damage higher than speeder.

You should try, I did mine and very happy with my Fixer result.

As a prove, take a look of some of my recorded battle posted in this forum and youtube.

Ultrah likes this.
  16. xxxBISMARCKxxx

xxxBISMARCKxxx Well-Known Member

On a given day a regular player will devote X amount of time to Battle Bay, resulting in Y number of matches based on the amount of time per match. Time is the limiter not # of matches unless you're talking about the daily 3 which isn't significant. Therefore a discussion about how much resources are generated per unit of time is very interesting when comparing ships.

17. Jerbears

Jerbears Active Member

I would agree, there shouldn't be an incentive to running around and not engaging. Sadly almost every game (even my team) stays way in the back near the starting area until enemies appear on screen. This drives me crazy because the first 1-2 minutes nothing happens and if I run out by myself i'll probably die. Maybe with 2 minutes left all enemies show up on the map? I realized gaining/losing infamy doesn't matter as much as soon as you hit your wall. Its more about farming efficientcy

18. disorder

disorder Active Member

really interesting :)

enforcer mk5 vip first account 2.3k infamy
    def and fixer mK2 F2P 2Nd account 780 infamy

enforcer like speeder is more a hit and run playstyle, so fight are really really quick

def and fixer work much more for team...so that's depend of team...especially these shooter...and shooter love to camp
    i play my def in offensive mode, i'm running into opponent ( i hate camper, if no one follow the def, not my problem, i'm here for taking damage, give target), fight are quick ^^
    for my fixer, it's all about support, so far more defensive fight (but for my mk3 will go repairbolt/ repairbox/nitro so will go offensive mode)

result:
    star : i often win 3star with my enforcer (dot, tesla, reduce heal, etc... help a lot) , far more difficult with my defender or fixer.

duration : in general each fight got the same duration with my def or my enforcer, so same amount of money/sugar. it's far longer with my fixer, but my build is not offensive at the moment.

Last edited: 22 Aug 2017
  19. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

I made 1.4mil gold in 3 hours using my rambo defender strat.

I stay with team and when we see an enemy I go in balls deep and chase after him til we kill him then I move onto someone else. I stay tanking for my entire team until I die, then I X and repeat.

This works only if you have a decent team so you will lose some and win some.

Note: This is the strat I got to my personal best with so it can't be that bad right?

Oh, PS: I use VIP. I don't recommend this strat without it because you will lose your 50% from not watching ads

Last edited: 22 Aug 2017
    disorder likes this.
  20. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Screenshot_2017-08-22-14-03-54.png If you want rewards just have battles like this, simple;)