1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Thats right, im enjoying the agility boost, i was a rudder head prior!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Valkhadin, 4 Sep 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

something about speeder
    possible playstyles before update:
    • assassin-boosting closer to his prey (usually person who forgot to stick with his team or high priority target, for example speeder), firing his weapons and then boosting into cover
    • duellist-forcing 1v1 situations, usually using lower turret agility of his targets, using main advantage of speeder...speed
    • railgun and sniper/dual sniper-almost extinct before update, mainly used (only my observations) by seal seal clubbers in events
    these are simplified definitions of all viable strategies, there may be more of them, but they are kinda similar to one of strategies I mentioned

after update:
    • assassin-not possible now, everyone can easily track you with boosted turret, so you want have enough time to land even one shot before you get hit for first time (maybe not if enemies are not that good or they don't care)
    • duellist-impossible now, speed is now useless because turrets are too fast
    • railgun and sniper/dual sniper-same as before, imho not better nor worse, may be worse because ships can now dodge more shots at long long range
    this also affected enforcers, especially speedforcers
    some strategies are now impossible to use because enemies are too agile (and enfo's agility is now, unfortunately, overkilled) so it's pointless to use these strategies, enfo is either going ground like drunk (because it's too agile) or hard af to hit because he is now able to dodge anything, if played right

how were other ships affected?
    • defender-obviously buff, no way this can be considered as nerf, it's now able to chase speeder with twith turret endlesly
    • shooter-buff, aiming might be sometimes a bit harder and some weapons are really hard to use but it's now able to dodge even more shots, can chase any target with turret, so aiming should be in general easier (once you adapt)
    • fixer-not sure here, it's now (probably) easier to dodge shots but also harder to heal teammates, especially with bolt, so it might be considered as kind of nerf

assassin speeders would never be an issue if one particular red ship wasn't overused, especially at lower/mid levels
    speeder was viable enfo counter, enfo was viable speeder counter, speeder could kill fixer, shooter could kill speeder if played right, defender was not able to kill (it was if equipped with gear lube/rudder or if speeder was not fast enough or made a mistake) speeder in 1v1 but that was right, defender was meant to be tank (and tanks in similar games are supposed to take damage and help in team fights, not 1v1 assassins etc.)
    now?
    speeder won't win against shooter (unless the shooter is torp/mortar/fire bomb spammer or something similar), not even against defender, it's main advantage (speed) is now useless because agility is way too high, it won't probably neither win against fixer
    enfo is now not able to be effective speedforcer because speed is now kinda useless (not really, but it's useless if you have to trade tons of hp or health regen to be faster than others), brawling is now hard because everyone can chase you with his turret, flanking is now harder because enemies will target you much faster

I am not "skilless", nor noob, I almost adapted to this "awesome" thing ("buff") during the event and kinda fully adapted after update, I am still decided at least until this changes but probably not even even after "fix" of this terrible update, I just don't trust devs anymore, they changed game significantly because they thought that it will be popular change, why won't they do it again? maybe, they could remove blue items completely and just buff everyones stats to max...

please explain your comment
    all yellow ships mains are "skilless" or "skilless" are only those, who don't like this update, so they don't agree with you?

Last edited: 5 Sep 2018
    Reorge and OurTeamIsNoob like this.
  2. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

I run enforcer with ob and can still outrun turret tracking. Sometimes I will watch my targets turret and as soon as it catches up I will either stop moving (if I notice they always fire as soon as the shot line up) or I cut through them making their turret have to track 180 to target me. When I see which direction they are turning I ob in the opposite direction and start again.

Speed strategies are still viable, they just need to be adjusted a bit.

3. ShipCrusherCz

I tried speeder with over 1.5 speed, OB, nitro and another yellow item (don't remember which one), no matter what I did, enemy's turret always followed me
    btw this is only thing you will say?

edit: you don't need to explain this tactics
    I am able to dodge almost anything after this update due to overkilled agility of enfo, this is in your opinion right?

4. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

If the question doesn't change, why should my answer ;) My opinion is that the update requires us to have greater skill both when aiming and maneuvering in order to be effective in the bay. My skill level surpassed my item progression rate a long time ago so I'm order for my ship to be effective at a higher infamy I had to work on my tactics and strategy.The update (for me at least) just highlights that the ability to control my ship outweighs the need for powerful gear.

Valkhadin likes this.
  5. ShipCrusherCz

so nothing about speeder playstyles, balance etc.
    ok...
    I was was fighting against mk6 players, they had t4+ epic items, my best item is lvl 4 legendary blast, others are t2 epic OB and std shield and rare tesshield, t3 rare turbo and epic blast (both lvl 30)
    I was able to win against them because I had better aim, ship control and, biggest reason, use of obstacles, ship positioning and ability to move without need of watching minimap or my path
    that's now gone, ship positioning is now almost obsolote because you can quickly turn and get away from the wall or obstacle, quickly reposition, aiming is now affected by opponents who drive like drunk, their aim is now now even worse than before but their turrerts are now too fast so they can hit everything easily if they're lucky enough

6. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

I can't go into detail about speeder playstyles because I only run speeder once in a blue moon. My point was, if I can use similar playstyles in a slower ship with frankly garbage gear (lvl12 e ob and level 11 e turbo, the only speed items on my boat) and still be effective then I don't see how a speeder main (main ship usually has better gear catered for it) can have such a hard time.

7. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, I don't know how that is possible.
    I played a bunch of custom 1vs1 battles last night with some friends to test out the new settings and turrets, specifically to see if I could outrun a Shooter's turret.
    I played speeder. 1.7 speed using a T5 Rare Overboost.
    I would continuously overboost at about grenade range in front the shooters and he would pound me with cannon shots as I was on overboost. He has no problem keeping up with me, hitting me multiple times each time I'd go past him. Nitro was the only way to get ahead of his turret, and after the nitro dies, their turrets would catch up.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  8. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

See, I run much tighter circles. The smaller the circle the more distance you can cover to get that separation from their turret lock.

9. OurTeamIsNoob

OurTeamIsNoob Active Member

That doesn't work in actually combat though. The other ships just gangs up on me :/

BattleRascal and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  10. ShipCrusherCz

my last response
    I tried defender against speeders in custom battles
    they nitro'ed right through me, two seconds later, they got hit
    they moved in tight, irregular path around me, my turret still followed them easily

OurTeamIsNoob likes this.
  11. OurTeamIsNoob

OurTeamIsNoob Active Member

So true.
    That's why I moved on to shooter

12. GOD OF WAR...

GOD OF WAR... Member

Why
    Why Not play speeder right now against a shooter and tell us if you could still outrun the turret
    Tell us how you feel about the outcome and if you could keep it up to progress in ranked matches:)

13. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

I agree, it does not work in open combat against multiple ships but that's part of the strategy involved, knowing when to do it and when to stick with your team.

14. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I've ever seen an enforcer run circles around shooters at "mine range". I've never heard of that game strategy. Love to see a replay of this battle style.

15. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Because, as ive said before my speeder loadout is hopelessly outmatched compared to the mk6s I face and would not be an accurate trial of this strategy.

16. ShipCrusherCz

I used that sometimes before this "update"
    it was only effective way of brawling for me, that did not involved using obstacles

before "update", it was part of good speeder's skill to know when to engage and when it was to flee, that part was ruined by devs because increased agility caused one thing, no matter where is your enemy aiming, his turret will catch you in almost no time

then we might try that in custom, I am willing to play few more custom battles, just to prove you wrong

17. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

https://replay.battlebay.net/FNJHBFGY#JXSFJGCB
    Granted I had a fixer helping me out, but I saw they were targeting me and not him making this strategy viable and I new to use it.

Last edited: 5 Sep 2018
  18. Valkhadin

Valkhadin Active Member

Its pretty cut and dry, no underlying message there. Skilless yellow is a skilless yellow, as is any other color ship, that has an unskilled pilot. I was not taking a shot at yellow ships, equals no skill. I know all the ships require skill, to get their max potential.

JoshW likes this.
  19. GOD OF WAR...

GOD OF WAR... Member

Right!
    Then how did you get the idea that speeders could still outrun a shooter's turret and survive in a one on one condition when you haven't even tried it out yet?
    Players with speeder main are complaining how this update indirectly nerfed speeder's effectiveness in combat and you an enforcer is saying it's lack of skill?
    Am a nightmare player with a mk7 speeder, speed is maxed out at 1.74
    And still am finding it difficult to duel a shooter in a one on one combat after the update, I know my strategy in a one on one condition against a shooter but due to this ridiculous update it got rid of anything that has to do with skills, the new maxed turret will track you no matter how fast you go, and you could only outrun the turret with overboost for just a split second and it'll catch up to you, am speaking from experience!
    How do you call that lack of skill?

20. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

My enforcers speed is .88 and turret track speed is the same for any mk shooter now, so the mk6 shooter I was up against had the same turret speed as the mk7s you're facing. I was able to outrun his turret by knowing when to use my items, when to cut, reverse, etc. You have TWICE the speed that I do against the same turret rotation, it should be easy to do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.