1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Thank you devs.

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by L_u_c_i, 19 Sep 2018.

Tags:
  1. L_u_c_i

L_u_c_i New Member

Thanks a lot developers for matching me with this guy.

I am on level 30 with 1200 infamy.

Really a very great game..

Attached Files:

Last edited: 19 Sep 2018
  2. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

Prepare to be censored.....

3. L_u_c_i

L_u_c_i New Member

Yeah, they can exploit the game no one bats an eye..

I tell about that and everyone losses their mind..

ShipCrusherCz and Aether_Zero like this.
  4. Aether_Zero

Yup... I know it all too well tbh. It is a shame that they don't seem to take any action against exploiters tbh (disclaimer - they probably do hand out a few bans here and there, but if they did it as much as they should, I guess they'd lose too much $$$ from the Nightmare league folk that seem to do it the most)

PallabKumarS and L_u_c_i like this.
  5. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Rules exist for "naming and shaming" on the forum to prevent arguments and finger-pointing, not to arbitrarily censor the "wrong opinions."

@L_u_c_i - Did you report this player in-game under the "Cheating" category?

L_u_c_i and Aether_Zero like this.
  6. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

does it even work? I reported some of them (seal clubbers who were obviously clubbing) and nothing happened

7. Aether_Zero

I respect the rules of the forums, but blatant cheating/manipulation of matchmaking should be allowed to be called out - in my opinion that is.
    As we don't actually know what happens (if anything) when we report in game, it can be very frustrating when we encounter the same folk over and over and nothing seems to be done. I think that's what people are most peeved about tbh

8. L_u_c_i

L_u_c_i New Member

Exactly, its just like they spend more so they can do whatever they want!

I have already stopped spending, if this isn't stopped soon I'll most likely end up my vip subscription ..

9. L_u_c_i

L_u_c_i New Member

Yes, I always do that..

But nothing ever happens, every week, same story..

10. L_u_c_i

L_u_c_i New Member

I don't know if it works, they probably give them just a warning and leave.

11. L_u_c_i

L_u_c_i New Member

Seriously man, its every time the same story.

The rascals even fleet!

12. AntiHero

AntiHero Active Member

Player name code thingy ill report him

13. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

It's only possible to exploit if Gear Score / Power Score is not properly leveled across the spectrum. Is it really the player's fault? I'm actually getting pretty tired of the blame consistently falling on player's shoulders rather than directing it at the Devs.

14. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Personally I just got out of a couple battles as an MK5 Defender with 7100 GS. It's a very fair and balanced loadout, but EventMatchmaker(tm) decided that mixing in a bunch of MK7's with 2500 Gear Score higher than me was the right thing to do. The Gear Score of the player you are bitching about is only 3500 in TOTAL. There's no exploiters in the match, it's just a very flawed EventMatchmaker(tm), and I, as a player, have no choice but to adapt to this very flawed system, and you should do the same.

How about you post your loadout... I bet I can give you hints that will get you more favorable matchups.

15. Aether_Zero

Can't beat em so join em, in a way lol.

16. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

Last edited: 20 Sep 2018
  17. Aether_Zero

Ultrah and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  18. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

The attention should not be on the player but on the developer to continue to modify their gear score calculations to make matchmaking most accurate.

Maybe legendaries should have a higher gear score, or more likely you need to expand gear score to include one or more other factors.

- your captain level over 50. High level equals higher talent tree skills
    - Infamy - how good you are.
    - Maybe number of matches? The more you play, the more resources you have and more perks/legendaries, etc. But this could be replaced by $$ too.

So maybe gear score plus infamy times your captain score divided by 50. (GS+Infamy)* (captain level/50) So a low level captain will get a reduced gear score vs a level 50 which would be a full gear score.

Cure the problem, not the symptom.

19. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

One big clue is when you start the match if it says something like "you have an unusual combination of items and talents, it may take longer to find a match".
    If you get this message, back out, and tinker your loadout until that message goes away.
    If the game thinks you are exploiting you will see that message and get a much harder matchup, even if you are trying to play fairly.

20. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

I have this message when I use my normal enfo setup, I sometimes play against mk6 and even mk7 players, yet I often have battles with only mk5 (and sometimes also mk4), why?

Flint and Aether_Zero like this.