1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Tesla Bolt

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by YerJokinArnYer, 25 Sep 2018.

1. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I... Kinda juggled three while carrying my team.

https://replay.battlebay.net/KSTMJPQG#SHRNBCQR

Sorry not sorry:cool:

2. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

Shooter is balanced. More people are using shooter now because other boats suck against enforcers. Defender can't keep up with double bubble and speeder only has 2 weapons. So only other choice we have is shooter or fixer.

Every defender main moved to shooter (including me) and most speeders moved to shooters simply because our boats can't fight enforcers.

Your OP enforcers created this whole imbalance in first place but its too hard for enforcer users like the creator of that thread to fathom. And now you're all stuck facing Shooters in place which could've been a speeder or defender. So deal with it.

Ash KOT likes this.
  3. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Hahaha.
    Just because they couldn't hit me doesn't mean they weren't trying.
    The whole match there was missile, flare and cannon fire buzzing around my head, not to mention all of those mines I didn't hit.
    All of that wasted firepower helped my team to push forward, and between my frost/tritorps and the napalm/firebombs the shooters were laying down the enemies didn't stand a chance of establishing a safe position.
    Teamwork is what this game is about.

Maybe you're right though, I guess it's possible that my silly tritorp speeder finished last season in the global top 100 because nobody wants to kill me ;)

4. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

defender would be bad even if double bubble was nonexistent
    many ex speeder mains changed their ship after agility update because agility of all ships is too high (or if you want, speed of of speeder is too low)
    current top 10:
    1. fixer
    2. speedforcer
    3. fixer
    4. double bubble enfo
    5. double bubble enfo
    6. defender
    7. shooter
    8. shooter
    9. speeder
    10. shooter
    use rates of items and ships (and items per ship, 14 hours old):
    Screenshot_20180925-170824.png Screenshot_20180925-170813.png Screenshot_20180925-170804.png Screenshot_20180925-170755.png Screenshot_20180925-170736.png Screenshot_20180925-170727.png Screenshot_20180925-170701.png
    at low/mid levels, shooter is incredibly overused (and that was before double bubble became meta-it was supposed to be op and key to the victory, yet I never saw any double bubble...)

5. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    Double bubble is only op with high level bubbles.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  6. Greatgambler440

Greatgambler440 Active Member

Shooter user

7. Greatgambler440

What is speedeforcer?

8. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

wanna-be speeder:p
    enfo with overboost and nitro (and tesshield if mk6 or mk7)

9. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

A Shooter can easily target three enemies in quick succession if he wants. He’s even able to stun and freeze them now. Why should Speeders be more vulnerable to numbers? Especially when their role often requires solo flanking.

FYI in the whole time I ran TB Speeder (which is virtually the whole time I’ve been here), I only ever won a single 3v1, and that was a gimme: two guys were virtually dead, and by pure fluke, I managed to kill them both with one EC shot. Then I still would have lost, only the last guy ran over a Mine. Absolutely nothing to do with TB.

10. Greatgambler440

Last edited: 7 Oct 2018
  11. Greatgambler440

12. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Did you guys know a repair bolt can break a stun on a friendly? Screenshot_20180924-201211.png

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  13. TheAntiSnipe

Again, that's a speeder's job. You're not the one who's supposed to be opening the ball on three opponent, you're the one who's supposed to be assassinating them.

14. TheAntiSnipe

'sokay you're an assassin, you are supposed to clean enemies up. However, tell me this, how many times have you healblocked someone and saved the game?

15. ViscountSniffit

What’s a healblock?

16. TheAntiSnipe

You know, TB has this healblock that can stop a pesky fixer from healing your assassination target, at least from one bolt's worth of a heal if nothing else?

17. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

I usually just stun the fixer to have time to drop my target ;)

18. ViscountSniffit

Probably never.

I can think of a few occasions where I’ve physically moved my ship between a Fixer and his teammate to body block Healing Bolts, but I can’t think of situation where healblock on TB was decisive enough to ‘save’ a game.

That ability was always really bugged, and then they nerfed it almost immediately, when it did get fixed.

In a situation where I thought that was critical, if I had Tesla Bolt, I would probably just stun the Fixer TBH.

19. TheAntiSnipe

Unless you were going for a chain kill, but wait. You do use two burst weapons, do you? That explains it.

I've saved plenty of games in my little mk5 with double kills that wouldn't have been possible without the bolts healblocking.

You should try looking for situations to use it, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised:)

20. ViscountSniffit

I have used it. But I can’t think of a specific situation where it changed the course of a game.

Anyway, I don’t use TB anymore, and I’ve moved my training away from it, because all the nerfs made it garbage.

It’s hardly ever ready when I need it, and even when it is, half the time it will just be instantly removed by teammates, or a Fixer.

Outside of events it’s just a waste of a slot. And in Monday’s event, my Speeder was getting so beat up by fast tracking Shooters and Defenders, it was hardly worth bothering.

Greatgambler440 and TheAntiSnipe like this.