1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Tesla bolt bug?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Crashedup, 13 Nov 2017.

1. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

It was really just a sarcastic comment. Not to say I know how battle bay servers work, but if it's anything like other multiplayer games, it would send packets of data every second from client to server. If battle bay servers are currently sending 16 packets per second for example, the upgrade to 128 packets would make it more accurate timing wise and less people would complain about their shots not registering. The more times we can verify Data every second the more we can pinpoint who did what when. Maybe you guys can have better servers for a monthly subscription idk. Or maybe have special high tick rate servers for competition matches. For casual play I doubt it's worth the cost. Of course even with 128 tick servers, most of people do not have 144hz refresh phones and tablets and so even tho the server sees more per second we cannot physical see it.

Last edited: 20 Jan 2018
  2. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Please do remember to consider how this will affect Nightmare fixers. In a sea where 40%+ of players are speeders this is a drastic nerf to the green boat if nothing else is changed. Speeders already with this bug spell doom for fixers.

For example consider if its really needed to have different healing % penalties stack.
    - Is 2x flare meant to cut healing by 60%?
    - Did you consider the ramifications of the "very needed" Repair Pulse 50% nerf in regards to Flare Gun? Resulting in Pulse only healing the fixer for 35%? (Number is a guess, in testing it seem fairly random how much is reduced and inconsistant).

Babablacksheep and Thinn Bihh like this.
  3. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I agree here. I raised this concern somewhere else, but you're right overall. If handled incorrectly, this would not only spell doom for fixers, it would also lead to the tesla bolt being nerfed to the ground the same way as frost was.

4. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

Flare gun stacking is a bug it's should be fixed and I am pretty sure it work like this
    1 shot -70% healing remain
    2- shot 30% of left healing off so only 21% off.
    Moreover this bugs doesn't concern the nightmare fixers because they use double pulse setup which is already blocked by tesla bolt.
    What this bugs concerns is mk5 fixers and dual fixer on a team which are overpowered with their box + bolt setup.
    And double fixer fleet is almost impossible to damage and penetrate.
    The main focus of this bug is not fixer survivability but it's ability to heal teammates put on stun.
    And it also concerns bandage users which includes speeders shooters and defenders.
    You have got to stop playing the victim card everywhere.
    The 40% stats maybe true for top 50 but if you consider nightmare league as a whole which consists of 800-900 players shooter dominate the nos by far.

Last edited: 21 Jan 2018
  5. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Server tick rate is not the reason here but your connection delay. A real world analog: There is a huge bomb 1km away from you and you have the override button to prevent it from exploding. It takes 3 seconds for sound to travel 1 km. The bomb explodes now. 1 second later you press the override thinking you got in time because you haven’t heard the bomb exploding yet. Still it did. Is there something wrong with the tick rate of the real world physics, or was it just delay induced race condition? My money is on the last one. :)

6. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

As a speeder that spams a tesla bolt all over the map, especially at fixers, I can attest to the fact that the tesla bolt does not really "need" a buff... Fixing this bug will definitely be a buff to the tesla bolt and speeders/enforcers, which will indirectly nerf the fixers that are not at Feelix lvl 25 so they cannot remove the stun from a teammate. I don't think they need any in-game buff, but maybe switch around the tree slightly so that the "remove stun effect" on Feelix's tree can be acquired at the same time as the "heal block" on Dr. Buzzkill's tree.

Right now Dr. Buzzkill's "heal block" is at lvl 15 and can be unlocked at captain level 22, while Feelix's "stun removal" is at lvl 25 and is not unlocked until captain level 33. So maybe switch the "stun removal" to Feelix lvl 16 so that there is not 11 captain levels where a player has no counter to the "heal block."

Nightmare fixers should not see a major effect by this bug fix. They have access to high level repair bolts and the entire Feelix talent tree already. It might just make a few more of them use the repair bolt instead.

7. Kitterini

I probably shouldnt say this, but here goes anyway. Tesla Bolt doesn't (consistantly) block for ticking heals (Pulse & Duct) for the full duration either. I'm assuming that this would also get fixed if they take a closer look at how bugged Buzzkill 15 really is. Whether Felix 25 would remove stun (& then heal) or fail to heal (& then remove stun) is still unknown, if it still heals then this would just be one further nail in the Repair Box coffin :) It would also make Felix 25 mandatory, rather than an actual decision between 300hp or ability to clear stuns.

Anyway, I doubt they will fix this bug without the Stun gun seeing some kind of balance change, so careful what you wish for :)

Stelmo likes this.
  8. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

The feelix 25 removes stun and also heals I checked it in custom battle.

9. Kitterini

Yes :) Right now Repair Bolt (and Box) heals through stun regardless of Felix 25. The question is what happens when/if they fix that.

10. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

That's talent is the only one that should be working right now because bit adds variety and skill to the game but unfortunately with box and bandage do that too without having repair bolt talent and that needs to be fixed

11. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Balance Changes.
    That will make tesla bolt op and then it will overlooked for till next update and then another set of balance change which will make it uselss. Rings bell? Happened twice brace yourself for third.