1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Tesla Bolt and shield talents for speeder

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Adaxxs, 13 Dec 2017.

1. Adaxxs

Adaxxs New Member

Hi guys, I've been playing with the shooter since I started playing,but now I only want to play with my speeder,so know that`s my main ship at this moment. I`m lvl 38 right know, and I`m going to use the flaregun+explosive combo, and the tesla bolt+tesla shield+overboost at lvl 40(mk6). My problem is that I don`t know how to fill the talents. I guess duration is better than durability, but I´m not sure, and I want to hear some recommendations about this(remember: I´m going to use the tesla bolt and the tesla shield at the same time).
    I apologize for my bad english because I only speak spanish. I´m new in this forum so plz help me guys ;).

2. Earel

Earel Active Member

amout for shiled , duration for stun.

Adaxxs likes this.
  3. FirnenAhead

FirnenAhead Well-Known Member

Duration for Tesla Shield.
    I've never used Tesla Bolt, so I can't give you any advice.

Adaxxs likes this.
  4. Disguised

Disguised Well-Known Member

Duration, Duration, duration, and only duration. Most players don't shoot at someone who has a Tesla Shield on, so you would like them not to shoot at you for a longer period of time.

Adaxxs and The Otherguy like this.
  5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Welcome to the speeder life!

Also, what are your blues gonna be? BShield+turbo+bandage? Or rudder instead of bandage?

And finally, yes. What everyone said. HP doesn't really work for tesla shield. Remember, it's more of a deterrent. Use duration for both bolt and shield.

Adaxxs likes this.
  6. Adaxxs

Adaxxs New Member

It makes sense, thanks

7. Adaxxs

Adaxxs New Member

Thank you, and I prefer shield+turbo with bandage, I guess it's better

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  8. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

For a speeder who likes to set fire to enemies and bludgeon them with a blast or excannon, you should use RUDDER if your survival expectancy is low(breacher), and bandage if you are more into running than gunning(assassin). Just what I found while learning speeders.

noelips and Adaxxs like this.
  9. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

It depends on how you want to use them, though duration is ‘usually’ the first choice for both.

You might want more hp for the shield if you’re playing it aggressively, so that it is harder to break, and you have less chance of getting stunned.

It’s also possible (although much less likely) that you’d want a shorter stun, so that it is easier to manage the resistance. That’s probably something you’ll need to figure out with experience.

I’d say that If you want them mostely for duelling 1v1, then you want hp on the shield, and enough duration on the Bolt to cover the cooldown between your 2nd and 3rd shot (probably about 8 seconds).

If you’re duelling mostly, 1v2, and 2v2 then you want a longer duration on both, so that you can keep the 2nd ship stunned for longer, and a longer shield time against the 1st.

Generally speaking, longer duration on both is more flexible.

Adaxxs likes this.