1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Teaching/learning in the fixer and defender community?

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by TheAntiSnipe, 26 Nov 2018.

1. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Made this to ask a question: Do fixers and defenders have a teaching community? I've never seen or felt the presence of one.

2. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

Meaning a specific thread for fixer n defender?

3. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Nah, meaning any sort of teaching happening. I mean, sure, I see you pushing the envelope with both the selfish fixer and the reaper. But what about the more orthodox fixers and defenders?

I mean, whenever I see a fixer ask about how to play orthodox fixer, like, ANYWHERE, the replies only talk about gear. Whenever a defender asks what to do, the replies, in equal amounts, are "build up standard shields" and "fire meta".

I've never seen fixers hold customs or heck, even teach other fixers. Same for defenders.

Have you?

4. Skirra08

Skirra08 Well-Known Member

I've never seen any real discussion of how to use fixer, I don't know if people think it's straightforward or only dependent on gear but I'd be interested in learning more. Not because I run fixer a lot but because I'd like to make there job easier. I already try to go to them vs having them chase me but surely there is more I could think of if I knew their overall strategy.

Oh and for the times I run fixer/reaper I'd like to learn more about latch method of healing vs trying to spread healing out. Things like when should I use each and what are some of the less obvious pros and cons.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  5. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

Now I understand.

Ok I will start a new Fixer thread later.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.