1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Event TDM 2v2 Fleeted - Tips and Info - Partners in Crime

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Help I Cant Swim, 9 Aug 2018.

1. Cpt Obvious

Cpt Obvious Well-Known Member

Yeah, was about to say I disagree with this line:

Some shooter pairs were basically undefeated last time. Even me, with my poor T5 rare + t1 leg ex cans managed 20-30 win streaks while fleeting with a good shooter guild mate.
    I'll agree that a well equipped and coordinated pair of enfos will be really hard to beat, but running shooter and/or defender successfully for this event shouldn't be that much of a problem as long as you have a hard hitting close-range-ish point dmg setup.

2. DruceWillis

DruceWillis New Member

So again we will see many 2-3tier levels with legendary items smurfing? or something changed?

3. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Meta doesn't mean that the other ships aren't viable. Any well-fleeted combo with good weapons can wreck in this event. Just play to your strengths.

I really hope not, but I've not been told of any changes to prevent this. :(

4. Nicolas

Nicolas Well-Known Member

The best combo in this event is dbl shooter with dbl/triple rail guns.
    if one side had 5 rail guns. 2500 dmg per rail gun then u can kill a 12k hp shooter in few seconds.
    Rail guns are so effective against yellow ships too. You can destroy the tesla shield then rail him right in the face with ur second rail gun.
    In small maps, waves are always on your side. You won't face any problem while aiming ur rail gun. Equip an op short range weapon because some enemies will try to get close to u to reduce rail gun dmg. Anyway, u can delete him with these 4-5 rail guns before he get closer.
    Bandage is useless in this event.
    Torps/mine/napalm are so useless.

5. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Mostly correct, but I've got a couple disagreements.

First, I'd take a pair of evenly matched yellow boats over any other combo. Not by much, but I just don't see anybody besting them in the type of combat they were designed for. I can't think of a single game last 2v2 that a pair of Shooters beat us. Of course, they definitely did not run your super-meta-countering setup of multiple railguns. That would be more challenging for sure.

Second, try telling YSL and Godlike that their Torps are useless as they hit you for 6k+ per Torp when you can't return fire due to stun and can't move due to frost. A well-coordinated frost torp team is deadly.

Added your combo to suggestions. :)

Aether_Zero and Nicolas like this.
  6. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

I've found my fleet partner for this, and already agreed tactics. This is gonna be a blast ;););)

Help I Cant Swim likes this.
  7. DruceWillis

DruceWillis New Member

Tell us whats the plan

8. Aether_Zero

Basically it's gonna be 2 enfos, one with frost and the other with stun. Both packing serious firepower.... And that's all I'm gonna say ;)

9. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

so far the worst event...
    and, that t1E blast shouldn't be a problem because I used lvl 10 uncommon tesla bolt in last event and it was ok
    played two battles:
    IMG_20180810_151734_169.jpg IMG_20180810_151705_381.jpg above is enemy, below is my teammate IMG_20180810_151426_229.jpg
    IMG_20180810_151640_619.jpg IMG_20180810_151455_899.jpg IMG_20180810_151514_990.jpg

10. Aether_Zero

Take your best setups folks, trying to manipulate the gear score is pointless. Play with your best items and ships, keep it honest

11. DruceWillis

DruceWillis New Member

12. ShipCrusherCz

I am not trying to manipulate the system, I just could use my mk3 defender (it would have around 4.7k hp) with my normal items, this is setup (except for the t1E blast, used t1R grenade before, never got dupe for it so;)) I used in majority od previous events
    and the speeder setup is my setup for normal mode, it's my best setup for speeder...

Aether_Zero and Help I Cant Swim like this.
  13. ShipCrusherCz

that's what we have been speaking about, since events started:rolleyes:
    nothing new but it seems to get worse every event

14. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

10000x disagree with this. This is an amazing event and very fun if you will actually use a high gear score so that you fight against even competition.

But I do agree that the seal-clubbing has not been addressed and more players are doing it since there doesn't appear to be ramifications for their actions. I'll keep fighting this battle until players aren't allowed to do this.

15. Aether_Zero

Wasn't saying you were buddy, just a warning for other folks is all :)
    Seems to be better matchmaking if you use your best setups, just from what I've noticed so far

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  16. Nicolas

Nicolas Well-Known Member

Make it a lvl based matchmaking, then adjust teams based on gear scores.
    btw, the rule about adjusting gear score based on the highest level weapon is pointless. Some ppl have to use weapons of different levels: i have a t3 legendary std cannon + t1 legendary rail gun. i don't have any op std shields so i have to use my t5 rare one. This system will consider me cheating :/

Last edited: 10 Aug 2018
    Mr. Joseph likes this.
  17. ShipCrusherCz

2v2 is my favourite event type but I consider i as the worst because of these seal clubbers;)
    jk, getting 1.4k+ ex cannon hits right in your face is not funny, when you have only 3.5k hp
    or being shred by t5E and t1L carronades for 1k+ damage per salvo...

Last edited: 10 Aug 2018
  18. Aether_Zero

My highest item is T4 epic blast cannon.. so I'm running that, my T1 leg blast, and either a t2 epic flare, or a T4 rare swift torp... So my weapons are all over the map, gear score wise lol

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  19. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Another EventMatchmaker(tm) Fail. 13,500 GS vs 17,300 GS

Screenshot_2018-08-10-08-27-50.png

EyeOfDoom likes this.
  20. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

That's basically all of my matches lmao You're f**ked if you're anything less than mk7.