1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions For Teal Stuff

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Waveblower, 6 Dec 2018.

1. Waveblower

Waveblower Active Member

Here is my feedback and suggestions for improving the new teal items and tweaking slots for some ships to make the teal items more practical.

Defence Wall and Bolster Armor are the only teal items that currently need no tweaking because they are very useful and can make an impact.
    The use of Defence Aura and Cleanse Pulse, on the other hand, is very questionable. Regarding Defence Aura, it doesn’t really make sense for the damage that your teammates take to be redirected to you instead of simply negating it. You might say that Guardian’s high health and the reduction of the reflected damage make up for it, but there are a couple of problems with that: careless teammates that rush off to their deaths when being affected by the Defense Aura will likely do more harm than good; and Guardian needs to be near teammates for that item to have any use, and considering Guardian is a relatively slow ship without an option to use Nitro or Overboost, I don’t see Guardian putting that item to good use. The latter applies for Cleanse Pulse as well - you need teammates to be nearby for the item to have any use. But on top of that it doesn’t make sense that Cleanse Pulse affects only the teammates, leaving out the user itself.

List of improvement suggestions:
    1) Defence Aura needs to simply negate the damage percentage to teammates;
    2) Cleanse Pulse needs to affect the user itself too (for balancing purposes, I suggest that just like Repair Pulse the effect to the user is kept at 50%);
    3) Guardian needs to have one of its blue slots changed to a yellow slot (it basically means less health points, but more speed and ultimately more of a team player);
    4) one of Fixer’s green slots should be changed to a hybrid slot for equipping either a green or a teal item.

2. Rogue Blueberry

Rogue Blueberry Well-Known Member

+1, though Idk about the yellow... Maybe a yellow/teal/blue hybrid slot?

Sidd gamer likes this.
  3. BR0B0T

BR0B0T New Member

The Guardian is a strange ship. It is not a dammage dealer and nog a great support ship. I dont think that adding a hybrid yellow slot will help the Guardian. What I would do with the teal items is:

1) keep aura as it is, triple aura with no dammage reflection feels OP to me.
    2) let armor reflect a % of dammage to enemy ship. I think a big shield is stronger and with my Defender I have more fire power.
    3) Ad a teal gun that streals HP. This way a guardian ship can gain some HP back for the aura effect. It should be 2 points so that it is only for the Guardian and provides a bit more fire power.
    4) the cleanse pulse should have effect on user itself

This way you have 3 items that reflect dammage in some way and would make the ship for me more interesting to use.

Last edited: 11 Dec 2018
  4. Skirra08

Skirra08 Well-Known Member

Only thing I would add to this is that the defense wall should move with the turret not the ship as I and others have pointed out elsewhere.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  5. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

Cleanse pulse radius is not large enough based on my use. feels like I have to be right on top of friendlies for it to work. In contrast, the Aura feels like a good radius. I agree, Cleanse Pulse should also effect the user by 50%. Cleanse should also remove stun and frost immediately. Reducing the time for these does not work with the current meta.

Been using Aura now since launch and I love it with my defender. I like how it currently works and it works good. What we need is for more players to understand what happens when they get the shield over their ship. I think it is ok as is.

Have not obtained the other two teals to try out and as a result, my guardian is still dry docked.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  6. BR0B0T

BR0B0T New Member

I dont like that idea. Wall would be really easy to use. With a duration of 8 sec and a cooldown of 15 sec, double wall would make it possible to have always a wall. All canons would become useless.