1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions for EVENTS and NEW GAMEPLAY MODES

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by HAPPY SITHSHA, 25 Feb 2018.

1. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    Guild Raids
    They should use the bot AI to make a PvE mode that you can only play with your guildmates a couple times a day. It can last much longer than 5 minutes, as guilds can coordinate times for this better than for random battles. Players would participate using their preferred ships and items in teams of 5. The team setup screen should be similar to the custom battle setup screen.

I think the enemy ships should be a unique class that is like a shooter, but sub one weapon slot for a 1-point yellow slot. Their weapons should be pretty weak, but they should spawn in waves of 5 for a total of 3-5 waves.

2. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    CAPTURE THE FLAG: two teams, lots of players. Everyone is a speeder with 3 legendary turbos and 3 legendary overboosts, all T5. The speeder has to go to enemy capture zone, grab a flag ( undecided object) and try to get back, all without being hit with a carronade that has a range of .5 units. You are safe on your team's side, and if a small bit of your boat enters the enemy teams side ( like, 1/4 of it) it becomes vulnerable to enemy attack. If you get killed, you will be teleported to an enemy 'jail' and can be rescued by a teammate. Whoever takes all the enemy's flags first or whoever has the most flags when the time runs out wins!

3. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    I like your idea. Like plants VS. Zombies, but on battle bay

NeptuneGaming and PastelPiku like this.
  4. PastelPiku

Security
    lol what part of plants vs zombies? I was thinking more of something between Splatoon 2's Salmon Run and the event stages on World of Warships.

NeptuneGaming likes this.
  5. Someone

Someone New Member

Maybe just capture, just eliminate, or even everyone comes back when dead and the team with the most damage dealt wins

6. Cryix

Cryix Well-Known Member

Although cool the microphone was active during the matches, this way the team could communicate to make a better strategy during the game.

Translated :)

NeptuneGaming and HAPPY SITHSHA like this.
  7. yellowocean

yellowocean Well-Known Member

TOWER RAIDS (should have a different name in battlebay... can't think of anything atm) would be a nice addition... fleet with 5 players (probably only guildmates), go through infinite stages of enemies with gradual increase in difficulty... theoretically, the stronger and skillful your team is, the farther you can go and the more stages you can complete... of course, you will be playing against bots (starts of like the introductory battles then gets harder and harder). This will take time to materialize but this should be fun...

Tower raids can be accessed though custom battles.

Can have a solo mode, a fleet mode (2 players) or a squad mode (5 players). each stage completion will give each player rewards, the higher the level, the better the rewards. Can be included in career achievements as well. Players can pay pearls to skip the lower levels and just go straight to where they left off (option for free tickets/passes to do this).

Tower resets every regular season (2 weeks).

if devs are interested in this idea / game mode (i have more details on how it should go).

What do you guys think? :)

Cheers!!!

8. HAPPY SITHSHA

HAPPY SITHSHA Well-Known Member

Nice one.Cheers.Could u please tell more details about this new game mode?I really want to hear about this.:):):):):)

Nikkie! and PastelPiku like this.
  9. PastelPiku

Security
    Hi Battle Baylians.

So I've seen a bunch of people saying free for all, including myself, and I wanted to write down some ideas I thought of so I'm gonna drop this here.

Free for all would be a big change from standard 5v5 battles. Where working as a team has always been the optimal way to play, you're being sent out on a suicide mission: take down the other 9. We could use a couple bigger maps for this, but the current maps could work as well, for smaller numbers of players depending on the size.

A few stat modifications would be necessary (or at least awesome) to work for this type of battle.
    • 1% hp regen per 5 seconds
    • +10% speed
    • +15% agility
    • 70% visibility distance
      • firing airborne projectile weapons brings this back to 100% for 3 seconds (does not include mines or repair boxes)
    • +50% base hp
    That's a lot of hp, but you need this when you have a ton of opponents and no backup. You also need to be quicker in general, because you WILL get into very tight situations quick, and often. The built in bandage provides decent sustainability for everyone to be able to fight on after emerging victorious over a mini battle. And of course, our detection radius must be smaller so we don't immediately spot each other right at the beginning of the match. This could be justified with it always being night, heavy weather, or fog.

In general, we're gonna need better ships if we're going solo. The bushes should also hide players (by reducing their visibility to 25%).

More on the topic of adjusting the number of players to suit the maps for free for all, why are our battles always 5v5? I think if there aren't as many suitable players online, 3v3 or 4v4 would also be cool. I think that added flexibility could help smooth matchmaking a bit.

Another cool thing for free for all would be doubles, consisting of 2-5 teams of 2. This would be the fleeting equivalent for free for all and should follow the same rules.

Capture? Definitely. It is still necessary to fulfill its purpose: to keep us fighting over something.

I think that's all I got. Thanks for reading.

NeptuneGaming and HAPPY SITHSHA like this.
  10. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I LOVE IT!

Nikkie!, Sidd gamer and PastelPiku like this.
  11. R@jith anand

R@jith anand Well-Known Member

Hi guys...
    I think if we add some new maps above 900 infamy it will give some motivation for players with high captain lvl with low infamy to increace their infamy atleast to unlock these maps.. Because some players consider that there is nothing in higher leagues other than tough battles and just better rewards... Just add some interesting battles in higher leagues...

12. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    Cool ideas, but i just don’t see a free for all mode working in BB. Too much advantage for speeders and enfos, and bad for fixers. Meaning it couldn’t alternate with regular battles, and therefore wouldn’t maybe get enough players.
    Edit: Actually had an idea when i played brawl stars showdown. There, you have crates that give you elixir that boosts your brawler insanely. Maybe something similar here?
    You have a big map. 10 players spawn. Everyone chooses from a ship (same mark everyone) and items (common, talents included). Each crate you break gives you an option to choose an upgrade or maybe another weapon. Then the map gets smaller all the time and last one wins. This could work, but it needs a lot of tweaking.

Last edited: 21 Apr 2018
  13. PastelPiku

Security
    What's wrong with some ships being better for some modes for others? Fixers already have the advantage in team battles, that's why their infamy rises so much quicker than any other ship. Also, I wouldn't want my idea to alternate with team mode, it should be a completely seperate mode.

A55A51N likes this.
  14. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    We should have a place for HAPPY TIME.
    Where ships can meditate and get slightly lower upleveling costs by doing certain things and spending more time there.

HAPPY SITHSHA and Neptune_Gaming like this.
  15. Wargle

Wargle New Member

I’d like a gameplay mode where infamy loss or gain was based on personal performance vs team. How many thousands of times has that been requested now...
    Cmon Rovio, you did several Angry Birds apps, just do one more battle bay, make it identical except for that one thing, let accounts play in both, and see which is more popular.

HAPPY SITHSHA likes this.
  16. HAPPY SITHSHA

HAPPY SITHSHA Well-Known Member

Tell something more about that new mode(also its name):):):)

Nikkie! likes this.
  17. Vijjy

Vijjy New Member

There should be 2 things in Gameplay:
    1. In the team chat mode while in fight there should be two more calls... Stay back and Attack Forward... so that the team can stick together back or move forward.

2. The star give out system should be descending for the winning team and ascending for the losing team.

So winning team should be something like that:
    1 +28
    2 +26
    3 +24
    4 +22
    5 +20

The losing team should be:
    1 -20
    2 -22
    3 -24
    4 -26
    5 -28

Hope you implement atleast one of the 2.

Thanks

Anon likes this.
  18. Anon

Anon New Member

Can we add capture the flag, domination, all for themselves matches and 10 member teamdeatmatches with a time limit instead and whoever has the most sinks wins-what about a zombie ship mode where the zombie ships have no weapons just ansta kill orb around the ship but easier to kill last man standing wins- even a detonate match!

Last edited: 31 May 2018
  19. Maxfire47

Maxfire47 New Member

Worst update ever , makes game more difficult and bug full .

Last edited: 2 Jun 2018
  20. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I think it's a step forward tho

Nikkie!, HAPPY SITHSHA and Maxfire47 like this.