1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

SUGGESTIONS: Boat Switching, Crew skill sets, and more...

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by yellowocean, 11 Oct 2017.

1. yellowocean

yellowocean Well-Known Member

SHIPYARD TO-DO STUFF:

Some suggestions on additional content specifically for the shipyard section of your off-battle menu. (unlockable crew members after achieving certain in-game accomplishments - captain level, league level, number of achievements, etc.). training of crew talents requires sugar and/or gold. my suggested unlock mechanism would be through accumulated battle time (total time spent in battles). Note that none of the crew talents are meant to provide any advantages in actual battles.

Shipyard crew
    1) Scrapper - as the name suggests, this crew member specializes in efficient recycling of your items and other resources
    • Abilities:
      • improves yield of parts from scrapping of items
      • improves chances of getting parts of higher rarity
      • (new ability) can scrap perks for power cells, pieces, and/or parts
      • (new ability) parts conversion to a different rarity level (steep conversion cost but can be improved with training)
    2) Phynance - crew member who specializes in managing your valuables and keeps tab of your store transactions
    • Abilities:
      • improves shop reset cycle (lowers interval)
      • improves chances of better care package
      • improves gold and sugar capacity
      • improves gold and sugar rewards from battles
      • improves chances of getting better items in the shop
      • improves chances of getting random special offers
      • (new ability) can convert gold to sugar and vice versa (for a steep price), improvements can be made to lower the conversion rate, maybe also include ability to convert gold/sugar to pearls (very steep conversion rate)
    3) Pikaso - crew member specializing in aesthetic improvements (pait schemes, decals)
    • Abilities:
      • (new) offers additional palettes for each boat class (initial suggestion is more shades of the base color of each boat class.
      • (new) guild logo, can be painted on your boat as a decal
      • (new) custom boat names: wouldn't it be nice if you could name each of your boats?
      • (new) body kits: pre fabricated body kits per boat
    What do you guys think?

Cheers!!! :)

2. yellowocean

yup, but do note that most maps have ample amounts of obstacles to hide in... this weapon will definitely change the way players behave during battles though. good for taking campers too if you can get a good angle of approach (you can lock on to target but aim for an angled release of the torpedo in a way that it will curve towards a target hiding behind a wall - this would require familiarity with how the seeker torp turns) i don't know, i can really just visualize it in my head... i don't think it's gonna be OP though. long cooldown, moderate damage, slow projectile speed.

@The Otherguy, sorry this reply was meant for you

PastelPiku and The Otherguy like this.
  3. yellowocean

the slow turn speed of the torp, in theory, should allow defenders and shooters just enough room to outmaneuver a seeker torp if done right. devs can work out the technicalities if they are really interested in bringing in these suggestions.

Babablacksheep and The Otherguy like this.
  4. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Love this lol.

5. yellowocean

Agreed, would be nice to have an idea how Devs find our suggestions, in my case, it would help a lot in giving me ideas as to where they wanna go with some stuff in the game. like for my shipyard upgrades, are devs plannning on doing something similar to that or is it still totally off the table as of the moment.

Babablacksheep likes this.
  6. yellowocean

Thoughts on scaling up the current in-game rewards :)

i've noticed that the only reward that is actually scaling up as you progress in levels/tiers is the sugar/gold rewards after battles... can we have at least reward upgrades commensurate to your current league or captain level? like in the calendar rewards, nightmare players really have no use for uncommons or even rares anymore, can't we get epics at the minimum, if not items then epic parts are always welcome. the daily quests, even at high level, the quests are still "deal 15000 damage with X item", maybe we can take it up a few notches like deal 100,000 damage for more sugar/gold (depending on your captain level, league and/or gear score). Star crates give out better items or atleast have better percentages of getting epics or maybe even legendary pieces depending on your captain/league or gear score level) i think everyone would be really happy with these small changes. if player plays heavily for a day, reward that player with an expanded star storage capacity (albeit temporarily)... Devs, please give some freebie loving to your loyal players :)

7. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

100x yes. Also let me add that the current post-game rewards need to scale up with infamy. So you can earn more gold/sugar/pearls when fighting at higher infamy.

8. yellowocean

yup, infamy level would also be a great measure for reward scaling. gives players more reason to always give it their best to win battles

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  9. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    I'd like to see a massive infamy rework. I feel infamy would work better as a seasonal ranking thing that resets for everyone every season. Infamy based matchmaking should be replaced with gear score based matchmaking. Higher gear score should mean greater infamy gain, so there would be a big incentive to play with your best gear to yield the highest infamy per season. The rewards should then be based off of your infamy at the very end (and only your infamy). This should give lower level players that are very active a chance to get the same rewards as high level players who aren't as active.

Also, because less skilled players will lose more often, infamy should only rise, not fall. It no longer needs to drop due to matchmaking no longer relying on it. Plus, it's going to reset every season anyway, so there will not be inflation.

One way people can still compete for top infamy with a good reason would be to place them with other players that ended the previous season with a similar infamy. This would likely replace the current league system, but with gear score being the main factor, the current leagues would be irrelevant. Once we figure out how much infamy people are capable of wracking up over the course of 2 weeks, we can decide the requirements for each new league.

Pros for GS-based MM
    • Free to try new ships/items that are underleveled due to being matched with lower GS players as a result, so it remains fair, more or less
    • Removal of infamy tankers, because you can't bring a strong ship into a noob battle anymore
    • Rewards skilled players by letting them fight fair battles and possibly win more than 50% of the time
    Cons
    • If you really, truly suck, you'll lose a bit more often
    • I can't think of other cons
    I understand that this will take a bit of testing, but the way infamy and matchmaking is now, there's too many flaws. It's too easy to rise and fall way out of your potential league, and the rewards for being in a higher league are mostly irrelevant until Ace 1/NM (unless you get 1st place everytime). Punishing infamy tankers often catches accidental tankers off guard and shouldn't even have to be done in the first place, because it should be impossible to seal club beginners.

To everyone who thinks balancing matches with gear score is wrong, let me ask you this: are you afraid you can't beat people as strong as yourself or are you confident you have what it takes to rise to the top against fair opponents?

10. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I'll slay almost everyone I meet with the same gearscore as me... Too much fun.

The Otherguy and PastelPiku like this.
  11. Subbie the Blaster

Subbie the Blaster Well-Known Member

Fixing all day all idiots
    I think there is a shortcut to do it fast.

The Otherguy and vis1234567899 like this.
  12. DragonLegend

DragonLegend Well-Known Member

Yeah but that will make upgrading system waste..since with better gear score you will get only in tougher match..and even if you lose you still get tough match

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  13. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I was answering his question, not his suggestion

14. Sachin Shekhar

Sachin Shekhar Active Member

A total bullshit! It'll add lots of complexity.

How about this: Simply remove ship-specific quests to remove the problem.