1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

SUGGESTIONS: Boat Switching, Crew skill sets, and more...

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by yellowocean, 11 Oct 2017.

1. B-Fuzzle

B-Fuzzle New Member

I kinda disagree with each ship having its own infamy level. The reason I disagree is that people can specialize in 1 boat, take a guild quest and move items onto the new boat. For example, say someone is a 3k infamy shooter, but participates in a quest to win battles with an enforcer, which they have never, ever used. They could put some of their good shooter weapons on the enforcer, which would have ~0 infamy, candy they could win battles super easily

2. yellowocean

yellowocean Well-Known Member

true, that's why my suggestion on separate boat infamies is in conjunction with my suggested mechanics on item effect caps/restrictions... but i don't think the devs are considering this since this has been suggested a long time ago :)

3. sailor0703

sailor0703 New Member

I like this idea too. Although, I would say to put the item caps on the boats rather than on the leagues. Great idea, though, all around, I love it.

4. Stefano

Stefano New Member

Espero que cambien el sistema de emparejamiento de las batallas, estoy cansado de siempre estar peleando con shooters y mk5 para arriba que de un solo golpe me derrotan.

5. Stefano

Stefano New Member

Ya cambien el sistema, soy mk2 y siempre me toca pelear con mk5 que de un solo golpe me derrotan. Por este motivo me esta empezando a aburrir el juego

6. yellowocean

NEW WEAPON IDEAS --- "HYBRIDS" (note that all values placed here are only suggestions)

1) TAZER GUN - 2 slot item (1 red, 1 yellow) deals X damage and resets cooldown for all weapons (red items only) for 6 seconds.
    • weapon type: area damage
    • suggested damage range (assumed at maxed T5 legendary): 1,500 - 2,000
    • projectile speed: 30; projectile type: like railgun but slower, no arc
    • range: infinite
    • radius: 2
    • cooldown: 15s
    • splash effect: 75% splash damage base on current total damage, half duration of cooldown
    • perk suggestions: perk to increase cooldown reset effect
    • primary color affiliation: yellow (for combination of pieces)
    2) SYPHON RAY - 2 slot item (1 red, 1 green) deals X damage and player gains XX% health based on damage dealt
    • weapon type: point damage
    • suggested damage range (assumed at maxed T5 legendary): 1,200-1,500
    • projectile speed/type: like repair bolt (ignores shields)
    • range: infinite
    • cooldown: 11s
    • perk suggestions: perk to increase HP gain %.,
    • primary color affiliation: green (for combination of pieces)
    3) ACID BOMB / CORROSIVE BOMB - 2 slot item, (1 red, 1 blue) deals X damage in an area and amplifies damage by XX% to affected targets for X seconds
    • weapon type: area damage (is considered as a mortar)
    • suggested damage range (assumed T5L): 1,100 - 1,400)
    • projectile arc/speed: like napalm
    • range: 25
    • radius: 4
    • cooldown: 15s
    • perk suggestions: increase amplification effect, increase duration
    • primary color affiliation: blue (for combination purposes)
    4) REPAIR BARRIER - 2 slot item (1 green, 1 yellow), generates a shield around boat which also generates heals within shield radius for X seconds, barrier has it's own HP which breaks if damage dealt exceeds barrier HP.
    • radius of barrier: 2.5
    • cooldown: 20 secs
    • suggested duration (max T5L): 10 seconds
    • healing effect (max T5L): 150-200 HP/sec; if friendly boat stays at least 4 secs inside barrier, frost and stun effect on that boat is cancelled) 50% healing effect on own fixer
    • suggested HP range (max T5L): 2,500 - 3,500 HP
    • Nature of barrier: cannot be cancelled by tesla bolt or minor railgun damage (only way to break barrier is through accumulated damage). barrier CAN stop torpedoes. if barrier is broken before duration ends, fixer is stunned for 4 secs.
    • nature of healing effect: boats must be within the radius of the barrier to receive healing/fixing, unlike repair pulse where player just needs to be within range during pulse activation).
    • perk suggestions: increase duration, reduce cooldown, increase barrier HP
    • primary color of affiliation: green

What do you guys think?

Cheers!!! :)

7. yellowocean

Hi Rovio,

Here's another edition of some random suggestions that i think will make things a little bit better in the bay:

1) Remove evolution restrictions for commons and uncommons - ever wonder why we don't see T5 commons and rarely see T5 uncommons? i think it would be best to just remove restrictions for the common and uncommon tiers of items and maybe adjust the restrictions for rares as well. i think this is very doable and will give a little boosts to the efforts of F2P players.

2) Item preview of your "friends" before every battle - i think we really need this now specially with the rise of the "selfish" fixers, knowing your fixer has tri-tapes beforehand will definitely help players adjust their gameplay. and for those who pay attention, they can make other necessary tactical adjustments based on their "friends" equipped gears.

3) put a chatbox in the custom battle room - will make custom battle arrangements much easier and give a little more privacy to players who want to keep custom battles among themselves

4) allow resource conversion - i've suggested this before where players would be allowed to trade up or down on their parts/power cells/ and pieces, i guess that wasn't considered. maybe you would consider conversion within the same rarity, like convert parts to power cells or vice versa. tons of excess powercells just gathering dust in our inventories... maybe at least allow us to sell them for gold or sugar. any way to convert unused assets would be welcomed by everyone i believe.

5) new achievement reward tiers - specifically for battle highlights (ex. get special rewards for accumulating certain battle badges/highlights. personally, i just wanna see how many badges i've accumulated.

6) allow option to choose between gold or sugar (or maybe pearls) as reward for finishing daily quests. i think it's a minor adjustment you can make that will make a lot of players happy.

7) minimap - make the player's icon into an isosceles triangle where it will indicate where the bow of your ship is facing. this, i think, would be extremely helpful when you are doing evasive maneuvers while firing at the enemy. with an arrowhead instead of a circle, a quick glance at your minimap will give a player a faster way to see where his/her boat is headed. (maybe also put a white cross on your team's fixer in the minimap so players can quickly find a friendly fixer - this should be visible only to teammates).

8) allow custom adjustments for item views in battle - specifically allowing adjustments to the angle of the camera when you use certain items (like sometimes when i use grenades i feel like the angle is inadequate for me to determine where my grenade will land, a lot of times i just make a quick guess specially when waves are blocking my view.)

9) to test matchmaking - allow players (temporarily or permanently) to choose between being sorted based on gear score or infamy. Or maybe a combination of both. maybe matchmaking based on gear score would result in more balance matches?

10) need to review crew skill talents / skill trees - i believe the current crew talent skill trees are outdated and needs some revisions. (more on this in a separate post)

That's all for now... hope you guys let me know what you think :)

Cheers!!!

8. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Outstanding work as always!

9. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Loving the green hybrid suggestions! (& people talking about the need to rething the crew talent retraining system).

PastelPiku likes this.
  10. Neptune_Gaming

Neptune_Gaming Well-Known Member

Wow, very good work hope the devs pay attention to this:)

Cryix likes this.
  11. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Idk about that part, since skilled players would dominate too hard in this event. I've seen Master 2 players with 7k gearscore. I'm ACE 1 with that score. A little less than that if I'm not wrong actually. Imagine noobs with 7k gearscore having to fight people like me.

I get the chills just thinking about that.

Anyway. Other suggestions: Quality content as usual, bruh!

12. DragonLegend

DragonLegend Well-Known Member

I really like the idea of using different colour slots for single item.
    Though don't you think tazer gun is kind of habe everything. Damage range stun..where is the compromise.
    Also i think tazer gun should bi short range say 22, decent damage weapon. It has the stun for being a two slot weapon. What do you think?

13. Capitan Defender

Capitan Defender Well-Known Member

defender's heaven fields
    Wait did i saw that right...ship imfamy?well finaly some1 cares for the noobs...also these darn mk5 users in warriour or chalenger league will vanish like dey never existed

14. yellowocean

i'm always an advocate for the F2P community, F2P is just as important as those who spend on the game... who are the wallet warriors going to bully if there aren't any F2P players around? :) seriously though, all players start out as F2P and become P2P if they find the game fun interesting enough to spend on. The current meta, in my opinion, discourages a big percentage of new players from staying long enough in the early grind of the game to become invested in their progress as to continue the grind or to start spending their way up. i'm just trying to help devs with ideas that i believe can help make BB a better gaming experience for everyone.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  15. sailor0703

sailor0703 New Member

Do any devs actually look at *any* of this stuff? So much of the stuff here seem like good ideas, yet I haven't seen any of what it implemented , nor do I see any comments from some dev, like, "Great idea, we'll get right on that!" Even some acknowledgement, like, "No, we're not going to do that," would be nice.

16. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Yes, they do. They have stated that they look through Suggestions and Ideas every day, and have a list of good ideas.
    And if an idea is really fresh and interesting they might even comment.

PastelPiku likes this.
  17. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
    Additionally they also pinned this thread!!

PastelPiku and The Otherguy like this.
  18. yellowocean

NEW WEAPON SUGGESTION

1) FLAME THROWER (1 slot red) -
    burn enemies to a crisp!
    • how it works: spews a stream of red hot flame at targets dealing X damage per second. player must hold down fire button to continue spewing flame.
    • cooldown: 0 (15 secs if overheated)
    • flame thrower firing duration: 10 seconds (flame thrower overheats if you continuously hold down fire button for more than 10 seconds)
    • flame thrower has temperature meter you can keep firing flame thrower for as long as it does not maxed out the meter
    • flame thrower needs to keep contact with target to deal continuous damage
    • residual burn damage: additional 2 secs of burn damage after last direct contact with flame thrower
    • damage (at max T5L): 250 dmg / sec (damage intensifies the longer the longer you maintain contact on target with your flame - lower intervals between damage ticks)
    • player needs to manually control flame thrower after initial fire
    • range 10
    • suggested perk upgrades: longer duration, range upgrades, damage upgrades, residual damage upgrades
    • type of damage: area damage (cone formation, max of 2 radius/width)
    2) SEEKER TORPEDO (2 red slot) - locks on and finds target (most of the time)
    • projectile speed: 2.5
    • radius: 2.5
    • cooldown: 18s
    • damage (T5L): 2,000
    • arming range: 4
    • how it works: need to "lock on" to target for seeking function to work, if not locked on, fires like any other torpedo and just travels on a straight line). when locked on, torpedo seeks out target using the most direct path.
    • turn speed: 18
    • upgradeables: torpedo projectile speed, turn speed, damage, frost bonus damage,
    • (before you guys react to this as possibly being OP, you have to take into consideration that i suggested a very slow projectile speed (slowest torpedo), a very clunky turn speed (worst than a defender), and just so-so damage level) when used properly though, it can be very good theoretically speaking.

PastelPiku likes this.
  19. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    So the only way to shake it is to get behind an obstacle? Idk... seem op in open water and vs defenders and groups of ships.
    And yes, I think the slow projectile speed countersets most of the op-ness, but not all.

20. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    Lemme slap some agility perks on this baby LOL for the seeker torp I mean. It should be an option in loo of projectile speed or damage.