1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

SUGGESTIONS… SUGGESTIONS… SUGGESTIONS… (please consider or at least think about it)

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by yellowocean, 22 Jun 2017.

1. Rock'N'Rolla

Rock'N'Rolla Active Member

@yellowocean
    Man you did such a great job inventing that HUGE amount of great and wise suggestions so you deserve a memorial where every f2p or low spender can come and feel that there is still somebody who cares about their gameplay...
    I hope Devs have read your suggestions at least once...

P.S. One piece of thought from me: this game needs CONTENT patches much more than balance ones... I don't care how much missle launcher or speeder is OP. I do care that my future in this game is about thousands and thousands of random fights at random maps against random enemies only...
    The game with more than 5.000.000 downloads has to have much more variety.

Last edited: 23 Jul 2017
    PastelPiku likes this.
  2. yellowocean

yellowocean Well-Known Member

Agreed... the game needs more content and more gameplay variety to satisfy a wider range of players. although, personally, i still am having fun with the current game mode, regardless of a win or a loss as long as every1 plays well. most of my suggestions now are more for additional content... adding more things that players can look forward to accomplishing everyday while logged in at the bay :) Sometimes it makes me wonder if this game is even a priority for Rovio. so much potential...

3. P0rthos

P0rthos Well-Known Member

This post is Porthos approved. :cool:

I'd only add the request for Bot battles and infra-guild battles with buddies. Cuz I'm getting to the point where I really want to goof off on the bay but don't want to make my team loose.

4. yellowocean

Screenshot_20170723-205515.png Please tell me what's wrong with this image??? anyone? i still have 1 day and half to go before my crew training is complete, i don't have anything to spend sugar on coz i'm still saving up parts for upgrades... this is exactly why we need a resource conversion system in place... my sugar is full, i have 3 finished quests that's rewarding me with more sugar, heck even my stars are full. it's like the game is telling me to stop playing... please increase the capacity OR put in a conversion option OR allow me to choose my reward. Come on, Rovio, i challenge you to do better.

Cheers!!! :)

5. yellowocean

they'd probably say no that, they'll probably say we don't have enough players yet, which is exactly the problem... they can't keep new players happy long enough to get to master/ace or nightmare league, a lot of players are quitting at the lower levels because of the countless imbalances. Come on, Devs, enough with the item balancing for now, you need to build more content, add variety and fix the issues surrounding the matchmaking system. i just hate reading about players quitting due to frustration...

6. HELLRAZOR

HELLRAZOR Well-Known Member

You got me at "After driving for 4 hours" lmao
    Your thinking on how to improve the game & i think about titties or should i have read up on orbital mechanics, because i have a fear that if i was in space & about to enter Earth's atmosphere at the wrong angle, that i would bounce back off into space forever or burn up.... Lol

JustPlainSowad likes this.
  7. yellowocean

Real men think about titties every minute, so it doesn't need mentioning here hahahahaha

TheAntiSnipe, HELLRAZOR and P0rthos like this.
  8. P0rthos

Yea... that was the excuse back with pre launch... now I don't think that arguement holds water. Although I don't disagree that more content is very much needed.

But still, I want to sneaky snipe a bunch of bots! Or play some funny game modes with my guildies.

Also, since much of the framework is already in place... it doesn't seem like it would require much work.

Bradley Thorinsson likes this.
  9. yellowocean

yeah, that would be fun... "BOSS MODE Battles" - you can fleet with 4 other guildmates and take on a monstrous boat bot or maybe a free-for-all battle for guildmates OR maybe a full 5v5 guildmate skirmish if you have 10 guildmembers online at the same time OR... i'll just shut up now hahaha

10. P0rthos

Yea, or just the current battle mode, and we make up our own rules. Like: Hunt Capt'n Krunch, or Everybody Uses Standard Lvl 1 Weapons, or a Death Race around the map. :D

If 10 guild mates aren't online, bots can be substituted in for the remainder of players.

Bradley Thorinsson likes this.
  11. "har"Smash until the end

"har"Smash until the end Well-Known Member

Make some events which last for 3 days,some can be beating a big boss.at the end of the events,it will reward everybody with some boxes,items,parts... etc.but the leaderboard will refer to the league
    Also make some special bonus in days,like double reward after winning a battle....higher chance to get epic in premium chest...etc
    I know this may not be possible,but I though it can make the game more fun
    Sry if u guys don't like my idea

12. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

It pissed me off

JustPlainSowad likes this.
  13. Disguised

Disguised Well-Known Member

Imagine the devs just use this thread for the next episode of Patch Notes. That would be great.

The Otherguy likes this.
  14. Rock'N'Rolla

Rock'N'Rolla Active Member

You should offer this idea to our praying circle. Definitely)

Joey who likes this.
  15. Flying Bananasaur

Flying Bananasaur Active Member

Some more weather ideas:
    High Tide: The water level is raised dramatically, some walls are now underwater and able to be crossed
    Low Tide: The water level drops dramatically and new obstacles are revealed
    Dense Fog: Visibility is reduced by a large amount. Your targeting mechanism will not turn green when there is a clear shot. Additionally, your mini-map doesn't show the positions of any ships (no mini-map style)
    Tempest: Visibility is greatly reduced (basically black). Rain weather is active and high waves. Lightning strikes in the background will occasionally illuminate the battlefield, showing the normal visibility for a split second. Mini-map works normally (mini-map style), very rare
    Snowstorm: All ships are 10% slower and freezing weapons duration increase by 50%
    Blizzard: Fog+Snowstorm, very rare
    Windstorm: All shots are moved the direction of the wind, which is shown by an arrow on the top of the screen, torpedoes are unaffected. Mortars landing spots are still reveled. (Shot leading/compensation style)
    Solar Eclipse: looks cool, extremely rare or for special occasions

The Otherguy likes this.
  16. Flying Bananasaur

Flying Bananasaur Active Member

I've also been thinking about specials for boats, able to be activated at 20% or less health, once per game, two minutes into the game. Activated by a special button on the left side of the screen.

Each boat has a default special that comes with using it:
    Shooter: Rapid Fire: For five seconds, all cooldowns are reduced by 80%, after-shot cooldown is not affected
    Speeder: Speed Boost: For six seconds ship speed is doubled
    Enforcer: Re-enforce: All yellow items activated have 1.5x duration for five seconds
    Defender: Draw Fire: Draws Fire within heal pulse range and takes 50% damage for seven seconds
    Fixer: Emergency Healing: Instantaneously heals self for 20% and creates a healing aura around ship, heal pulse range, that heals 50% of ally ships over ten seconds if inside radius for full duration. Heals self for 25% over the duration.

I'll post the weapon specific specials later. Tell me what you think! Horrible idea or Great?

17. Disguised

Disguised Well-Known Member

Sure. I'll just post a comment in the thread.

18. yellowocean

PROPOSAL FOR TRADE MECHANISM IN BATTLEBAY
    Hi Rovio,
    It's me again, i know it has been discussed already several times and i also understand that a free flowing trade mechanic in battlebay would totally throw the in-game economy into absolute chaos. But please hear me out on this one. i think this proposal can benefit everybody (Rovio, big spenders, moderate spenders and the F2P grinders).

First up: Trade ticket/token
    • how to earn it: player must win X battles OR accumulate a total of X minutes/hours of actual battle time. CANNOT be earned via pearls or whatever shortcut method (players must play... A LOT... to earn a trade ticket)
    • trade ticket restrictions: depending on how much wins or battle time you have earned you get a specific ticket rarity
      • example:
        • rare trade ticket/token: win 100 battles OR play 500 minutes of actual battle time (when this is achieved, player gets a prompt if he will claim it or go on to earn a higher level trade ticket/token)
        • epic trade ticket/token: win 200 battles OR play 1000 minutes of actual battle time (must forfeit (not claim) rare ticket, to get this one)
        • legendary trade ticket/token: win 400 battles OR play 3000 minutes of actual battle time (must forfeit (not claim) rare/epic trade/ticket privilege to get this one)
        • we can also include uncommon and common trade tickets (hey, we might finally get to see more T5 commons and T5 uncommons, hahaha)
        • a trade ticket meter would be nice so players can track their progress OR not
        • figures stated here are just examples, i just know we need to play a lot to earn a trade ticket
    • what can we trade for?
      • full items - must have the same rarity and the same level (1-50) (so if a player A wants to trade his/her epic sniper cannon level 20 for an epic blast cannon level 10 with player B, player B must first level up his blast cannon to level 20 before they can make the trade)
      • pieces - equal quantity for the same rarity, 1 legendary piece for 20 epic pieces OR 50 rare pieces, 1 epic piece for 25 rare pieces
      • parts - equal quantity for the same rarity, 1 legendary part for 30 epic parts OR 90 rare parts, 1 epic part for 30 rare parts (and so on)
      • power cells - equal quantity for the same rarity, 1 legendary power cell for 10 epic power cells OR 300 rare power cells, 1 epic power cell for 10 rare power cells (and so on)
      • perks - equal rarity only
      • power cells - parts - pieces: trading among these items types can be allowed provided a conversion table is in place
      • haven't really thought about the conversion tables so all figures stated here are just examples for easier explanations
    Why do WE need it?
    • Assuming that the core mechanics of the shop and upgrade system remains the same, getting the items you need/want takes a lot of luck and most often leads to frustration and loss of players (specially at the lower levels, they never get to experience high-league level play where the quality of matches are much better)
    • makes the grind more worthwhile and eases frustration with the RNGishness of item acquisition
    • if we use wins as the parameter, players will more likely play to win all the time to get them closer to a trade ticket, less match-throwing incidents (MVP position post-batlles can be used to provide additional win points to accelerate ticket achievements)
    • making the parameter based on play time will encourage more players to stay online and play more, increasing active player base and thus, theoretically, improving the quality of matchmaking (more balanced match-ups) (battles pitting 5000++ infamy players against 3000++ infamy levels will be less likely to occur)
    why do YOU need it?
    • Making players happy and keeping them interested in playing Battlebay will add up to a bigger community
    • This proposal will actually encourage the paying players to play more as well as buy more containers/crates/boxes since they can trade an unwanted item for something they really need/want (even if its just once in a while - depending on play time). Moderate spenders will be more inclined to purchase on a regular basis also knowing that they can eventually trade away unwanted hard-to-get items.
    • More money for you, more incentive to keep upgrading the game and pushing to break new boundaries in the world of battlebay :)
    Cheers!!!

Last edited: 28 Sep 2017
  19. Bunta

Bunta Well-Known Member

I totally approve this.
    I spent quite a lot the last 3 days and it gave me lemons (as usual). I'm finally at a reaching point of not wanting to pay anymore or much less because the amount put into it isn't worth it.
    The reasoning of your proposal is good for one simple thing : I tell some friends i've scrapped X, Y, Z items i don't use (therefore i paid for it) and would love it to get those wanting items.
    If they want my unwanted items, I tell them to pearl, IF they get what I want, we can exchange it. IF they don't get what they want nor myself, they'll keep pearling to get that said item(s).
    It makes Rovio more $$ in the long run if we have hopes to get that said item.
    Same for the F2P player, same for the new players, same for the Matchmaking.

It will only make this game better (or at least, "customers" happy) in the long run.
    Everybody wants trading and trading per level/class is something possibly to do.

Maybe add a pearl fee if they want to make a bit more "expensive" depending on rarity.

Say 2000 pears + rare. 3000 for epic and 5000 pearls for legendary.

Either way, I totally approve and I think MANY will as well.

Nice post.

20. yellowocean

Pearl fee should be minimal or none... considering that a player has already spent a lot of resources to get it (Time) :)... and the potential windfall of the amount of purchases the devs will get from this will more than compensate them for accommodating this proposal... i think its a win/win for everyone... the play time restriction will prevent the in-game economy from going crazy