1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestion for the afk problem in team deathmatch

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by wreck your day, 3 Jun 2018.

?

What do you think?

1. Horrible idea. KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Good! Hope this gets added

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. I have another idea!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Never seen an afk, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  5. Why is your battle bay in Chinese?

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. A wild blue hamburger!

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  7. Are polls so fun that you made 8 options

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  8. I didn't reach ace yet and I scrapped all my items and haven't yet recovered so IDC

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. wreck your day

wreck your day Well-Known Member

Enforcer! And future ultimate selfish fixer >:D
    Hey everyone! With the addition of the new 3v3 team deathmatch event, afks have become more problematic and leave a greater impact on the match. Here's one example:
    Picture_20180603_162314627.jpg
    Link: https://replay.battlebay.net/NXFDYMMK#WMCBBYLD :(

Since we can't enable the afking ship to be controlled by another player, or by a bot since it will be unfair, my suggestion is to make ships that afk (possibly when they are inactive for 1 minute or so) be unable to take damage so they can't be killed over and over again by the enemy. Even though it will still be unfair for the team with the afk, at least the enemy will not be able to get easy points. Alternatively, if an afk is detected all the players in that game could get 'kicked out' of the match and have their tickets refunded.

So what do you think? If you have other suggestions to solve this afk problem, please leave them in the comments below! Thanks!

2. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
    Add a "I didn't reach ace yet and I scrapped all my items and haven't yet recovered so IDC"option
    Good idea BTW

wreck your day likes this.
  3. wreck your day

wreck your day Well-Known Member

Enforcer! And future ultimate selfish fixer >:D
    Did it! :p

Bbb...bump? Is my idea so trash that no one else even bothered to vote in the poll :(

4. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I think floaters/afks is one of the game’s biggest problems, and deserves a lot more attention.

However, the solution (if there is one) needs to be something that can’t be exploited.

If all players are kicked from the game, and get their tickets back, then what is to stop someone from going AFK when they start to lose, in order to get their ticket back, and avoid the loss?

Some unscrupulous players might even try to get matched together to ‘game’ the system. And with gearscore matchmaking, there is nothing to ever separate them. They would be able to keep throwing games and floating indefinitely.

wreck your day likes this.