1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Stupid things teammates do (and you do too)

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Major Major, 15 Oct 2017.

1. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

to tell the truth i go around shooting my blast cannon at the start at those who like to wait around until halfway through the battle, most of them think they are getting shot by unfriends so respond quickly. some even spam help lol;)

TheAntiSnipe and Babablacksheep like this.
  2. Uerguy

Uerguy Well-Known Member

Shooting torps and cannons.
    Missing a swift torpedo. (Some days, my aim is off, so I'm guilty of it too)

3. DerrickRose

DerrickRose Active Member

Can we bump this up to the best strategy article so I dont have to deal with stupid teammates anymore please?

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  4. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Aye! @The Otherguy can you, or are you sleeping?
    Or @CaffeinatedChris ?

5. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

The BB Wiki would actually be a great place to collect this info under a heading of "General Gameplay Tips"

We're trying to avoid having too many sticky threads per forum. You could ask @Joeyaa to maybe link it in his "Useful Links" post as well?

6. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

This is more of a personal opinion rather than facts and spreadsheets.

I will add helpful spreadsheets on it though if anyone wants to send them to me via start a conversation. :)

Edit: Oh I see what you mean, send it to me and I'll add it

The Otherguy likes this.
  7. ShinkuMoon

ShinkuMoon Member

- Use mortar/railgun loadout as defenders or speeders.
    You don't know the frustration when you see a high HP defender staying at your back as a fixer, as well as a speeder hanging around with our shooters and use its nitro to rob repair box from teammates who actually need it (it enrages me most if the healing dealt to the speeder overflows).

- Ignore the upper left corner of their screen (THE MINIMAP).
    Different from the item of going separate ways, they stick together at the beginning but later just literally end up scattering all over the map. The green dots on the map are like the bacteria colonies on an antibiotic-selection agar plate and then I need both hands to facepalm.

- Stickly together
    And they all stop at a choke point showering and sharing every mortar and torpedo impact. It doesn't take 3 global cooldown time to have half of the team annihilated. The positive side is that I can get to the top of the team in scores due to healing.

8. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

There's a coupla good mortar and railgun speeders around(I'm looking at you, @Blood Raven @BasedCarpen ) and railgun defenders(@EyeOfDoom ). Imo defenders shouldnt use mortars fo sho.

9. Olibooger

Olibooger Active Member

Freelance Bum
    In response to the shooting at speeders comment. I'll split the banana with a sniper or a slow firing xcan. If you cant hit em, dont waste the reload.

Most annoying ever is a defender chasing a speeder into a 1v1. 90% of the time the defender loses. Worse yet 2 shooters chase the speeder leaving a solid mismatch.

10. Phil the Seagull

Phil the Seagull New Member

Saw an unfriend shooter the other day loaded with 5 mines. He claimed 2 kills but couldn’t defend himself in the end. They lost. Interesting strategy though

11. Ins ranvijay

Ins ranvijay New Member

Yeah that's true.....

12. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I've seen this before... but the reality is, if I say "together" and go in a direction and no one follows then they are ignoring the only command given to the group. In that case I will drop back into the group because obviously they have a plan that they don't feel like communicating, right? Similarly If I say "together" and stay back it's actually a reminder not to not cowboy forward on your own - stay with the group! There's nothing worse than everyone going their separate ways because inevitably 1 or 2 will be picked off by the other group who *is* together, and then you will be at a 1-2 man disadvantage to start the battle.

"Attack" is a little different... If I see someone say "attack" and run forward, I'm either in the position to let the cowboy die on their own or command the rest of the team to follow so that we can keep 5 teammates in the fight... sometimes aggression works out, but you have to sample your surroundings before going all in. Plenty of times I've let a teammate "attack" into a mortar spam field and die in 15 seconds. Maybe they were suiciding, or maybe they are just an idiot. One has to play it smart and not follow if the situation doesn't call for it.

The moral of the story is simply this: pay attention. I was in a battle the other day where 3 of us said "capture" 4 of us went in the capture hut, and the 5th guy just blindly went forward into he battlefield... alone at that point but fighting. We watched him getting picked off just outside of the hut... so I spammed Capture about 10 more times, all he needed to do was duck in there in 2 seconds, and he eventually called for help but it was too late... he had to be completely oblivious to the situation. We won that battle and he was the only casualty on our side... That capture it was a strategic move, we had a fixer and good guns and it worked brilliantly. And in the end the 5th guy was still rewarded with a win.