1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Stupid things teammates do (and you do too)

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Major Major, 15 Oct 2017.

1. Major Major

Major Major Active Member

I am getting really tired of my teammates committing really stupid errors. I'm going to make a list of some of the worst, with the hopes you (yes YOU) will stop doing them.

1. Floating. Do I need to say anything more? One floater will kill your team.
    2. Fleeting with weak players. I often see someone fleeting with a player with less than half the infamy of the rest of the team. Stop bringing losers into the team!
    3. Long range artillery battles. You cannot win a game if the opponents are barely within range. Sure, soften them up with a few salvos, drop their points, but then you MUST ATTACK.
    4. Stupid weapons mix. If you have all mines, or all torpedos, you are an idiot. You need a mix of short and long range weapons. Ideally, you also need a mix of weapons with short reload times and more powerful weapons with longer reload times.
    5. Failure to go for the kill. Over and over, I see a teammate chase a strong target while another ship with only a few points could be killed with a single shot. As long as they have ONE point left, they can still shoot at you. Kill them, THEN go for the stronger target.
    6. Failure to kill high value targets. I often see one ship fighting two ships, e.g. one healer and one other shooter, etc, and they keep trying to kill the shooter while the healer keeps healing it over and over. Kill the healer FIRST, or else the other target will never die.
    7. Failure to seize the initiative. Oftentimes I will go kill a a serious threat, do some serious damage to a few other ships, and then die in the process. And then I watch my teammates sit back and lob long range shells at the enemy, while a healer brings them back up to strength. You must seize the initiative and attack before the enemy can heal. Better yet, you must attack before they regroup and counterattack.
    8. Chasing targets you can't hit. Do not chase speeders unless you have a powerful short range weapon like a carronade. Do not chase ships in a circle. If you get caught in a death spiral, back up suddenly and let the other ship run past you, into your gun range.
    9. Placing mines where they do no good. Mines are not an offensive weapon, you can't shoot them at an enemy and expect them to arm before the enemy leaves them far behind. It is pointless to put mines in areas close to your team, unless you can get the enemy to chase you into the minefield. Mines are a stupid weapon anyway. They are defensive weapons and that means you are a coward. If you have a speeder and toss mines everywhere, you aren't playing the game, you are just griefing, you are a troll, literally trolling for an accidental hit.
    10. General cowardice. You cannot play to win, if you are playing not to lose. Without risk, there is no victory. You must put yourself in the line of fire, if you expect to get the enemy in YOUR line of fire.
    11. Going for capture immediately at the game start. This never works. You cannot capture if an enemy can lob a shell at you and reset the clock to zero. Usually you are just abandoning your team and making yourself an easy target.
    12. Going for capture too late. If there is not enough time left on the clock (60 seconds I think?) you can't capture to win the game.
    13. Failure to stay in formation. If you split off and go freelancing by yourself, or if you get too far ahead of your team, you are likely to meet the entire opposing team and they will all fire at you simultaneously. You will become the first casualty.
    14. Failure to go for the draw. When you're at the end of the game and it's down to one-on-one, when you have 5 points left, and the only enemy has 2000, go hide. You owe your teammates a draw, when you will most certainly lose a final attack.
    15. Failure to lead the target. Just a slight pull on the target ring in the direction of the target's travel, will be enough to put the shot ahead of the target. Remember your weapon has a travel time, and you must shoot where the target WILL BE, not where it is NOW.

Please add on your own stupid teammates' actions. I wish there was a mechanism in the game where you could flag a player that does something so stupid that you never want to play with them again.

Last edited: 15 Oct 2017
  2. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    I've won with floaters, but yeah, that's really annoying.
    Better than a floater, but yeah, that's super annoying. (I'll edit in a pic here soon)
    I'm a speeder, so I don't mind mortars, but when both teams sit back... I'm useless, because I'm short range.
    Yeah, more than 3 torps or 2 mine is usually a bad setup. But it depends on the user.
    Yup. Expeshly if the have a fixer.
    How I feel about that
    Credit: @Joeyaa
    [​IMG]
    Teamwork is something seemingly everyone lacks.
    Speeders are never to be shot at unless you have a sniper cannon, you're an excellent shot, or its too close to miss...
    There are people who can do offensive mining, but they have to be really good.
    Actually, staying out of their line of fire is (usually) smart. Try to pick them off one by one, and let them make the first blunder. Unless they have a fixer.
    Capturing alone is dumb... Speeders can zip through capture to confuse the unfriends, but no-one else.
    Capturing by yourself takes 1 second per 1%. 2 people; 2% per sec, 3 people; 3% per sec, but 4 or five people still do 3% per sec. So if you're by yourself in the capture, it will take 1 min and 40 sec to win.
    [​IMG]

3. Major Major

I have a good record killing speeders, but I have a Shooter with a high powered carronade, and a fast turbo. A couple of close range carronade shots, plus maybe a laser cannon (weak at short range, but often enough) is good for a kill. But they will do a lot of damage to me in the process.

I usually consider it my duty to kill a speeder first, to prevent it from causing panic by jetting around my teammates. Nobody else can usually hit it. I will take near-fatal damage taking out a speeder, just to give the rest of the team a fighting chance. And then, invariably, they fail to take the initiative and lose a 4-on-4 battle that they could easily win.

Last edited: 15 Oct 2017
  4. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

Not backing up defender charge. When I'm charging at 3 fixer 2 shooter team, you have to back me up. Don't sit there sniping them. You get me killed and then the team. 8k HP isn't infinite you know.

5. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Going backwards at the start. Or not moving until everyone else is.
    Charge coming to a complete halt at first sign of mortar damage
    Not fulfilling role that ship designed for (eg defenders wanting to hang back)

6. Kraptastic

Kraptastic Active Member

Sales
    This is definitely a thread everyone should read. I've thought about doing Youtube videos along this line. Long distance boats that mortar lob or snipe, but never actually join the fight really irk me. Same goes with the boats that make little mine forts. The worst though, people who shoot their own teammates while spamming "together." I don't know why this angers me, no damage is caused, but I hate it.

That being said (and it felt good), I truly believe everyone should play the way they want to. No matter how bad, because stupidity, as well as ingenuity, can cause all kinds of variety.

Tmfh67401, Cyn and The Otherguy like this.
  7. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

i will say the inverse,dont charge if your team is not ready.Save up those HP,and absorb the long range shots for the team(since i know you use double Rail and Sniper long range fight wont be a problem for you)

8. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

This is actually one thing that irritates me the most. Even worse is that some of them are firing long cool down weapons, then they're not ready when the enemy hits. The other bad thing is if they're goofing around at the beginning, firing napalms at nothing, and don't see a torpedo coming in since its coming right through that ring of fire.

And along with the spamming thing, the other guys that irritate me are the ones that spam 'ATTACK' and/or 'TOGETHER', while they're hiding in the back or running off on their own.

Shadow Moon! and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  9. Major Major

You reminded me of another thing that annoys me, people shooting at the other team right at the beginning of the game. Sure sometimes I get hit with a really long range torpedo I don't see coming, so you have a tiny chance of hitting someone with a torp blind shot. But I've learned to hang back from the spots everyone shoots torps down. Unfortunately, what people do not realize is, by firing when nobody is within range, they are giving away their position and ruining the element of surprise.

Many times I have been trying to sneak around the side of the game grid, out of range of anyone who can see me, and a teammate decides to tag along, then they shoot at me and give away my position. Also consider this game has 3D sound, so if you're using earphones, players can hear where the shots are coming from. If I'm trying a sneak attack, or even if I'm NOT, do not spoil the element of surprise.

Last edited: 18 Oct 2017
  10. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

This is my biggest issue with players - 4 ships go one way whilst the 5th and last numpty goes the other way and wonders why his calls for help are ignored as they sink. So many fights I see this..

The Otherguy likes this.
  11. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

It's just a standard cannon. I normally play at long range but only charge when my team has no fixer and enemy has 2 or 3. I normally call the kill on one fixer before firing my shots to give my team good 2-3k HP head start but It's so sad when team fails to do last 1k damage and other fixer just heals it right back up. I always think "Whelp, I guess I'll try again in 20 seconds.

Shadow Moon! likes this.
  12. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

If I’m running napalm, I like to fire off a shot at the start of the game, just to make my team aware of it. I’m not sure if that counts as goofing around.

The Otherguy likes this.
  13. curseDDestiny

curseDDestiny Member

I would not generalize and kill the healer in all situations.i think it's more situation specific. It depends on which ship is lower on health. It's useless to focus fire the healer who has full health when you have a shooter who has let's say half health. Usually fixers play with ob or nitro making you miss a few shots. While at the same time the shooter can cycle all his DPS on two ships. Also the healer has cool down on healing items and any decent shooter can easily out damage the heals

Apart from that rest is pretty much spot on

Fiorell likes this.
  14. Kraptastic

Kraptastic Active Member

Sales
    I would not consider this goofing around. Healers, mines, napalm and other items don't count and is, in fact, good communication. Shooting someone in the back to communicate anything should be seen as bad behavior. All it does is alert people that "I'm a big jerk." In my opinion at least.

Tmfh67401, Cyn and *JAWS* like this.
  15. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Damn you guys, i hope we don't end in same team. I always fire Railgun at start of match just because i love its graphics :D:D

16. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Yeah, like, it’s always useful to see the fixer pulse, so I know they’re not just running duct tape.

NoTzHoNg and Mon4 Lot like this.
  17. WaveMaker

WaveMaker Active Member

It's sad but true...you should make very concise points and spam them in the chat rooms cause I'm guessing lots wont read it here. :D:eek:

The Otherguy likes this.
  18. Tmfh67401

Tmfh67401 Member

Good points for all to read!

The Otherguy likes this.
  19. Cr01X

Cr01X New Member

imo, it's depends if the 5th ship is a speeder, then it's better to separate and attack from other way if possible.

20. Vichox

Vichox New Member

I can't go to higher leagues because in every match my idiots teammates wants to go alone, they end focused by the enemy team, then they start spaming for help but they get destroyed and the match transforms in to a 5 vs 3/4 players, finally we get obliterated.... I love the game and i love being a fixer, but jesus christ, you can't win anything if you got paired with retard players.