1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Stunning Torpedoes

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Rinse & Repeat, 18 Nov 2017.

?

Should we be able to stun torpedoes?(Please read the original post first!)

1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    46.7%
  3. I don't know/ In the middle

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  1. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Well, same applies for most decisions in battles. Fixers have repair bolts, those things cannot be used on themselves. Mines are useless if you place them wrongly. Tesla shield is useless if your opponent is a carro speeder who gets inside it and shoots you. So why not just add an additional application to bolt? Im sure some speeders and enfos will find a use for it.

PastelPiku likes this.
  2. Tirth2_

Tirth2_ Well-Known Member

Ya that is one scenario!
    There are endless possibilities, as only enforcers and speeder can freeze! What about the rest of the ship?
    :)

3. Tirth2_

And if u shoot for the torp and you miss? Dead yeah?
    Atleast by trying to move there is some chance of escaping and nitro will acts even if you are frozen! :)

4. TheAntiSnipe

I think it would bolster the use of enforcer as a support class, while making tesla bolt a true skillshot weapon.

5. Tirth2_

I completely understand your point here, but I dont think this feature stands a chance when there are much more features that deserves implementation in the game! :)
    (PS: its just my opinion)

6. TheAntiSnipe

That's really up to the player's better judgement. Throwing up a tesla shield and going rambo into the enemy will kill you the same way. Weapons are never idiot proof xD

PastelPiku and Tirth2_ like this.
  7. Tirth2_

What I am saying is there are much more things that v need to pay attention to during the battle....
    In a lot scenarios people will use the bolt on enemy rather than cancellation of a single attack(especially in case of shooter who has multiple weapons) dodging one shot won't help! Instead stunning the complete ship might help!

8. TheAntiSnipe

Sure! But you have to agree that there are SOME cases where this is necessary.

9. Tirth2_

No of "SOME cases" is a bit less than other possibilities too, right? :p

10. Rinse & Repeat

Rinse & Repeat Well-Known Member

yes but torpedoes do a lot of damage

11. Tirth2_

Ofcourse I understand! But tell me!
    U manage to dodge a torp, then what ? Its a shooter he already has multiple weapons coming at you, before u even recover! :p

12. TheAntiSnipe

Suppose you could interrupt a legendary tier 3 big torp from hitting your frozen fixer. Its not the NUMBER of cases that really matters, it's the sheer utility of it.

PastelPiku likes this.
  13. TheAntiSnipe

As I said, bro, up to your judgement, no? You might say that LRM is useless too, against a speeder

14. Tirth2_

Take the scenario,
    1v1
    You vs mk6 shooter who has HP equivalent to one shot of you cannon......
    He shoots the torp at you , for which u r eligible enough to either take the shot or dodge.... (With still cannon reloading in 7-10 seconds)
    What would u do? Stun the torp or the shooter?
    Of course shooter , right?

15. Tirth2_

I agree it's all up to your judgement and scenarios! :)

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  16. Rinse & Repeat

You 2 can draw infinite scenarios supporting your claims but the point is that the ability to stun a torpedo CAN be useful its not about how often it would be useful but can it be used effectively and Imo yes it can... Let me ask you... how many times have you PURPOSELY stunned a shipwreck? That's not to say it isn't useful but it is a component of the game that is rarely used strategically.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  17. Tirth2_

I understand your point! :)
    But that's just my opinion. :)

18. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    I just wanna make sure I'm grasping this concept properly lol.

Imagine a torpedo is coming straight for your teammate. You have a tesla bolt ready. You shoot it at the torpedo, which stuns and renders the torpedo useless.

Conversely, someone fired a tesla bolt at you. You have lightning quick reflexes and fire a torpedo at it, thus having your torpedo get stunned in your stead.

Did I get that right? If this is what you had in mind, this could very well make triple torpedos that much better for support players.

On that note: why not also stun mines? Not completely disabling them, but making them safe to pass over for the duration of the stun? I think they should still explode when their timer runs out, though.

Rinse & Repeat and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  19. Rinse & Repeat

Yes, that was the idea... I guess the thing with mines are players don't think they should be nerfed... which i'm not agreeing or disagreeing with but I think that is why... Something like this would nerf mines

20. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    It's really more of a tesla bolt buff, though, not a mine/torpedo nerf. It just adds a little depth, kind of like how the tesla bolt can take down tesla shields without stunning the shielded player, or how frost blasters and torpedoes can pass through shields.

Thinking of it this way, it sounds like this would actually make the tesla bolt op in the right hands lol. It may require a nerf to balance out this new ability or it'll just have to be a seperate item entirely.

How about that EMP thing I've heard some people talk about? It would act like a repair pulse, stunning unfriends instead of healing friends. Even though it could stun groups of enemies (assuming you're surrounded) it would only be for a very short time, like 4 seconds max, but give it this torpedo/mine disabling ability and some people might choose it over some other items. Maybe even let it block tesla bolts? 2 points, definitely. An enforcer might like this with a shield instead of 2 shields...

Edit: It should probably drop shields, too, without stunning them, like the tesla bolt.