1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Stop gear score matching before everyone quits

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Terry Morgan, 7 Nov 2018.

1. david13334

david13334 New Member

I think the rank system should be divided by gear level or gear evolution. For example there should be a division where all the player can only use rare item and a higher division where players can only use epic item. Maybe challenger will be division for common items, warrior division for uncommon items, and so on. To make player have the incentive to play in higher division, the higher division will give better reward at the end of each season. But in each division player will have a infamy and that determine the skill of the player and the matchmaking in that division. Like lets say a player uses all rare item which will place him in the master division have 1000 infamy, he will only get match with people in the master division with around 1000 infamy and this means that their items will be similar in term of strength and their skill level would be similar as well. Rovio know this, when they are doing their Battle Bay Invitational 2018 all the player are only allow to use epic tier 5 item. They know that it would be unfair if someone have legendary but why don’t they make rank like this in the actual game, why just do it in the tournament. I am currently hovering at around 1000 infamy and I all my item are rare but I can get match with people who uses epic and legendary, how is this fair?

envylife likes this.
  2. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

There is a current issue where high gear players at low Infamy are causing new players to hate the game. What you propose is a good solution to this... a boxing in of players that doesn't allow Max 50 Captains with Epic T5E in 500 Infamy matches. This is an important thing to figure out in this game.

The problem with your suggestion is that moving up requires 7-8 items of that rarity, and let's face it, progression in this game is slow, slow. I'd rather see the game move toward a 50/50 item/skill combination instead of the current 75/25 in favor if item/boat strength. Adding equal-gear Events, Tournaments, and even ranked battles would also make it accessible for lower level players to try their skill rather than spending 1.5-2 years grinding out T5E items before they become competitive.