1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Still think that Double Bubble is Not OP? (Nerf the Bubbles)

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Maxpuma, 13 Aug 2018.

1. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

You’re just eggagerating again. Have I seen enforcers whose shields I can’t take down with 2 shots? Yes. But they are top players with 2*T5E’s. Has every NML enforcer got 2*T5E TS? No. It is hard for most players to get one item to T5E, never mind two of the same item. Are all speeders helpless against DB enforcer? No, it depends upon the choice and relative strength of their gear - which is the same for all of the things you describe.
    If I tried to tank a defender or a shooter right in its face, I’d be squashed like a bug.

I also think it’s disrespectful to say players are ‘crying’ at a nerf. Your choice of words is poor and undermines any valid arguments that you may or may not have. If you wish to debate, please do so without having to insult people.

2. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

Maybe the wording was not ideal but the fact that DB enforcer capable of doing all the things I said. Doesn’t matter what league, a balance game shouldn’t have 1 ship that dominant.

3. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

maybe double bubble enfo looks incredibly op, yet shooter is the most used ship (according to https://bb-stats.com, shooter's use rate is 49.7% in top NM, it's even more used in lower leagues), shooter is massively overused in lower leagues
    maybe top enfos are able to do things that you described, however, how many DB enfos with 2×t5E or t3L shields? only few of them, so why should be the whole setup destroyed?

Last edited: 21 Aug 2018
    What's Up Player likes this.
  4. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

I would agree it appears to me that enforcer is dominant at the top end of NML due to the strength of T5E TS. (I don’t directly compete with those guys, so I can’t say for 100%). This will also partly be the case due to the skill of the players involved. But I’m not convinced it is OP at all levels.

There are many different things that could be done to affect that balance. Some are direct nerfs to TS, some indirect nerfs by strengthening counters (for example, if frost was buffed then TS users would be sitting ducks for torps, or if TB was buffed, TS’s would be popped easily no matter what strength it was). The top of NML players are also able to equip a bandage instead of a turbo which greatly helps.

But Enforcer without a usable TS would be a dead ship. I’ve played enforcer from mk5, way before double bubble was regularly used. Before the nerfs of other yellow items, seeing an enforcer was an extremely rare event. Speeder ruled at mid to high levels, and would rival shooter for most used ship (in a way that enforcer does not)

And so getting that balance right is vital. Yes, I get that players want to different representation of ships in the top 50, and that’s fair enough. But any nerf of TS needs to be done with a scalpel not a sledgehammer. If done poorly, there’d be no usable yellow items, which would mean no more yellow ships, and the game would become a sea of red.

Last edited: 21 Aug 2018
  5. TVNPryde

I stated in this thread (I think) that I opposed all methods suggested of nerfting it. Only 1 decent nerf is a 10 seconds between usage so you can’t stack DB. I don’t want TS to be nerf like TB. The 10 seconds is similar to TB resistant.

6. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

I think TS’s not being able to stack would be a good starting point.

7. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

That's very right, that was a solid idea.

I would do a small improvement tho, when you compared it to stun resistance.
    Stun resistance is longer the longer stun duration is right? In my opinion, if this idea is implemented, it should work like that also. The longer shield duration, the longer stun resistance :)

8. TVNPryde

Stun resistance is static for 20 seconds. Any stun within a 20 seconds of the initial one only get half duration.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  9. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

Oh alright, in that case my bad. Thought it's twice the duration or something.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  10. Nam_Nam

Nam_Nam Active Member

Holy carp there’s a lot of posts

I’d like to point out
    I play enforcer without any Tesla shields. From the point of an ex-speeder (long time ago), I like the speed, and I use it to get on top of enemies (literally, sometimes. I mess up their auto-aim and perspective)

Just this morning, I think I did a really good job (until I hit that mine)

https://replay.battlebay.net/ZVCSPDBN#GHRRMQTV

11. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

@Nam_Nam i was really enjoying your battle replay. You play your Mk5 like a speedforcer which is understandable as you say you were an ex-speeder. I hadn’t read your comment before watching the replay, so I laughed when you hit the mine. (Not in a cruel way, but in a ‘if I had a penny for every time I’ve done that’ way).

Nam_Nam likes this.
  12. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

Same here, running a Mk6 with no t shields at all. OB, Nitro and T bolt is all I need

13. Nam_Nam

Nam_Nam Active Member

Thanks!

I actually uploaded it to YT, so if you could, ya know... (XD)

I always feel that one Tesla shield was enough, and I will never understand how top players can drop a TURBO!?!

Either way, it’s a really hard problem to solve, and I think the best way is a 5% hp nerf (to give weapons a SLIGHT edge without changing too many interactions)