1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Still think that Double Bubble is Not OP? (Nerf the Bubbles)

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Maxpuma, 13 Aug 2018.

1. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

Yes people, let's kill TS.
    Possible yellow items for Enforcer then:
    • Overboost - 1 is good, two is redundant (they don't stack)
    • Nitro - no, Enforcer reverses a lot
    • TS - after kill, no.
    • Frost of any type - haha are you kidding me?
    See yourself.

2. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

I agree, but to play devils advocate
    2 OB can give you constant speed (but really best if you have a nitro for speed stacking)
    Nitro - stacks with OB to get around faster, and can be used to Dodge a shot, rather than just have it bounce off of your unbreakable shield.
    - tesla bolt always good because it can Prevent multiple shots from even being fired.
    -frost you would like choose the launcher and help your team a lot by slowing the enemy and giving the option for your team and yourself to do insanely huge damage.

Stun and frost just never work out because the team isn’t in harmony with your strategy.

3. What's Up Player

You got it haha, seems like for any weird reason I forgot about Tesla bolt in my post :eek:.. I guess so useless not worth mentioning :D

4. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

wtf no, that'ts just hard af, you need perfecr movement coordination but you can't really communicate with your teammate (I know that my enfo is slower than those high levek enfos, but so are my teammates, maybe they don't know what I am trying to do but it still must be insanely hard even at high infamy)

have you ever tried that? it's not that hard, you are double nitro speeder, it should be easy for you to get in the bubble:rolleyes: (I was able to do it with OB+nitro+tesla bolt speeder, using bolt on tesshield is not that good idea, it works but it'd be better, if you stunned your enemy)

that's not neutral, that's con, you can ofc use even weak shields, but you will only absorb one shot with each shield, no matter what enemy fires
    as I said before (at least at my infamy, currently 1.5-1.6k), weapons are way ahead of blue, green and yellow items in terms of levels and tiers, so unless you have really strong shield, even one stupid std mortar/LRM or ballpark hit will be enough to break your shield
    you also expose yourself to another mortar shot, they will fire it at you when you can't get away that fast
    but it's possible way of saving teammates from dying or huge damage from big berta impact
    so that's really neutral (but imho rather con)

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Protip from a shielding enfo, you don't shield them all the time, you only shield them at the moment of impact;) If you keep worrying about positioning yourself to block shots, you'll never get off damaging shots. Instead use your sense of when the enemy thinks of shooting your target, then go ahead and shield up!

6. ShipCrusherCz

that's what I am trying to do but my teammates just usually do some weird moves so they either get out of my shield or they get to backwards so I get hit right after my shield breaks (it's also because I am not that good with enfo so I don't know all these awesome moves and tactics so it's hard for me to shield someone)

7. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

Usually if they lose coordination, the enfo just charges me so I can’t shoot anything but his bubble, can never hit the darn fixer. It seems a lot easier for a enfo to block shots, than it is for me to block a healing bolt from getting to the enfo.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  8. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Watch this video, maybe you'll get a fresh moveset.

Djradnad and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  9. Mati

Mati New Member

Guys! I just had an idea, we’re adressing the double bubble right? Maybe have a delay of 10 seconds between each shield. So for example, if the first shield was activated, the user of the enforcer needs to wait 10 seconds to activate the 2nd shield after the first was activated. This way, if the shield is broken, the enforcer will have the stun but also have an extra 5 seconds where there won’t be another shield. This will make the use of Hp perks a bigger drawback because now if the duration of the shield is short, the time the enforcer is exposed without a shield is longer. By adding this rule, it won’t affect single shield users or Speeders since the overall cooldown of ts is already 20 seconds. This will also prevent enforcers frok using two shields at once to avoid the consequence if the first shield breaking.

10. What's Up Player

Alright, sounds good, but then I want dual speeders have the same system, dual sniper shooters also, etc.. you get the point.
    Otherwise it really is a fair idea. :p

11. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Again, speeders are already nerfed to death. Leave them alone unless you're going to buff them.

I'm trying my best not to get really pissed off here.

Last edited by a moderator: 16 Aug 2018
  12. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    But yes, this idea is a very good nerf for double bubbles. +1

13. What's Up Player

What I meant, if you want to limit usage of 1 item on a ship, you've gotta do it for all.
    Speeder buff is another problem ;)

Last edited by a moderator: 16 Aug 2018
    TheAntiSnipe and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  14. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

Instead of a double bubble, can we just combine them into one large bubble?

15. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

It seems like you’re against any nerf to DB. In that case, it’s useless to say anything to you any way.

The point of TS is a temporary HP buff. Activation every 10 seconds is like the bolt resistance nerf. There got to be an opening to shoot at an enforcer if it’s staying in open water.

16. ShipCrusherCz

maybe he just wants normal nerf, not frost-like one?
    show me tesshield with 10 second duration
    there is window, tesshields don't have long enough duration to create "permanent" bubble-there is window where enfo is without shield, that's after his second shield is broken or after it wears off

What's Up Player likes this.
  17. What's Up Player

That's not true, I'm in favour of double bubble nerf.

But almost all of the ideas here would pretty much kill not only double bubbles, but single shield users also, which is not right.
    Not saying all ideas were terrible, some were relatively good.

Edit: plus I think it's not worth discussing the issue, because devs most likely already came up with a solution :).

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  18. TVNPryde

4 timer perks have close to 10 seconds. Most weapons need more than 1 shot to break it. People don’t have the weapons to break all the time. Enforcers now strolling around in open water without any fear. They fight well in almost any situation. They should only be exceptionally good in certain situation.

What's Up Player likes this.
  19. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Enforcers strolling around in open water without any fear! Really? I have to rely on playing peek-a-bo in mine.
    They fight well in almost any situation! Really? Maps with larger waves, walls that can be fired over, and maps without any cover are difficult for me.
    I must be playing enforcer incorrectly as neither of these statements apply to me. Having debate about these things is great, but let’s stick to the facts without exaggeration.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  20. TVNPryde

So you only play peak-a-boo in enforcer? You never see an enforcer tanking a defender right in its face. Or a shooter? Speeder is helpless against DB enforcer. It’s like most DB enforcers on here fighting hard against any nerf to it. Enforcer already benefits from trainings as it rarely clashing. A minor nerf and all it’s users run crying around. BTW, I own a DB MK7 enforcer.

SlayerofSergeants and EyeOfDoom like this.