1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Still think that Double Bubble is Not OP? (Nerf the Bubbles)

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Maxpuma, 13 Aug 2018.

1. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Ey I wasn't looking!!! Lmao

Nam_Nam likes this.
  2. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    How about we just allow the usage of only one Tesla shield? All problems with double bubble: solved. Until hackers figure something out.

Just give Tesla shield a special stat: limit one per ship

envylife likes this.
  3. SupremeCalamitas

Like this ( I know I know, gotta get my infamy up. Shut up or I'll get my flare+ blast combo and kick your ass.) IMG_0558.jpg

4. LimeOnMars

LimeOnMars Well-Known Member

What's the point of having 5 yellow points if enfos can't use them.
    [​IMG]

5. Flipscuba

Flipscuba Well-Known Member

Iiiiinteresting. TIL.

6. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

k
    then I want limit to torps, mortars, flare guns, fire bombs, napalms, sniper cannons, mines etc.
    get it? you can't limit the number of identical items you can use on your ship, that would cause people complaining about spammers, people who use too many identical items...
    maybe limit number of std shields that defenders can use? maybe also limit number of identical perks that you can have on your weapons:rolleyes:

7. SupremeCalamitas

This stuff wouldn't really affect me... I don't use the same weapon twice on any ship. Only thing I use a duplicate of is nitro, but that isn't spamming, just a speeder being a speeder.

And Tesla shield is a different thing. The DOUBLE BUBBLE is the dangerous thing here. If we nerf Tesla shield entirely, all single TS users will also be nerfed. The limit is the easiest way to not punish single TS users at the moment. Of course, I will think of other things.

Those of you who run Tesla bolt on speeder are stupid. Speeders are for speed. Enforcers, on the other hand, are for the stuns and stuff

8. SupremeCalamitas

Look, how about this:

Tesla shields are treated as one. So when one is used, the same cool down applies to the other one.

OR:

cool down does not occur on second Tesla shield until duration of other one is finished. Then there is a 5 second cool down for the second Tesla shield. The first one remains normal, unless the second one is used first.

9. ShipCrusherCz

it's imho not that different:rolleyes:
    multiple flare, sniper, blast, ex cannon, fire bomb etc. are imho as annoying as double bubble enfos
    and enfo at mk6 and mk7 has enough slot points to use two 2 points and one 1 point yellow items, there are only two 2 points items-tesshield and frost launcher
    if this was implemented, many enfos would be forced to leave one slot empty because they probably scrap all other yellow items, they just don't need them, then give all mk6 and mk7 enfos frost launcher with same rarity and level as their weaker shield or...idk, then one slot point could be removed if you can't use the right item and it's "alternative" is useless for most current enfo setups

maybe also limit number of nitros per speeder allowed? to only one nitro
    double nitro speeders can be really annoying so why not forbid this setup? they can be as hard to deal with as double bubble enforcers

I am not trying to say that there is no nerf needed
    but, people, please think about your ideas before you post them, we don't need another dead item and/or ship:rolleyes:

benguin8 and What's Up Player like this.
  10. SupremeCalamitas

Now, see, here's the thing: double nitro is NECESSARY for speeder. NNOB is he necessary thing for speeders. We are re meant to have speed.
    Enforcers, on the other hand, don't NEED double bubble. Just a nice addition. I've seen people running stuff other than double bubble and I find them better than those double bubble idiots. It's not about the meta, it's about skill.

11. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I’m a Performer! Television and Stage!
    I was

Nam_Nam likes this.
  12. ShipCrusherCz

please stop insulting groups of players
    and now my opinion:
    received_890413264494566.jpeg
    not really, even frost+nitro+OB or stun+nitro+OB are very good setups for speeder, enforcer has enough slot points to equip two 2 points and 1 point items at mk6 and mk7, frost (and also tesla bolt, ofc that it might be really good but it's situational and you need good teammates) is dead so only other alternative (if you want to fully use your available slots and slot points) is tesshield, in this case double bubble, so:
    • ask devs why they almost killed only other 2 point yellow item, maybe suggest some way of making frost great again?
    • suggest (normal, not something that would completely kill the item) nerf for tesshields (double bubble only if possible, single shields are balanced)
    • if it's so op, just build one for yourself, you will be able to gain infamy easily if double bubble is that strong

and btw I used nitro+OB+tesla bolt and double blast as my speeder setup, it was fun to use it and it was also effective
    fire weapons, stun and get away (but choose your target wisely, you don't want to use stun on someone who is under fire from your teammates)

13. SupremeCalamitas

My enforcer is only mk3 so I can't use double bubble. Even if I was mk5 couldn't use double bubble. I don't have any rare or epic Tesla shields

14. TheAntiSnipe

You don't even play enforcer? Did I hear that right?

Nam_Nam and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  15. SupremeCalamitas

Enforcer too slow for me

16. TheAntiSnipe

Dude, you should only make these restrictions about ships you HAVE played.
    Do you have any idea how tough it is to run double bubble? It ain't easy.
    First off, you have to control the ship with six buttons. That alone sets it apart. Only the fixer mk6 and the enforcer mk6 have six active buttons.
    Don't go around suggesting nerfs to ships you've never even tried to play, you should first play the ship to find out what needs to be balanced. This sort of blind approach is why frost died in the first place.

Nam_Nam, ShipCrusherCz and nikeej like this.
  17. SupremeCalamitas

I've used enforcer.it only has two blue slots. Not a lot of speed. Can't equip 2 slot weapons.

It takes practice. So what? Once you master the art of 6 buttons, it's easy to use. Difficulty is not a factor in 'nerf or do not', since pretty much everything takes practice. I'll give you a list of double bubble pros and cons

18. SupremeCalamitas

DOUBLE BUBBLE PROS AND CONS ( and sometimes neutral)

PROS:
    Intimidating.
    Can shield cowardly teammates
    Enforcer agility loool
    Hard to get inside your personal bubble.

NEUTRALS:
    You need a WHOLE LOT of training and a VERY, VERY good Tesla shield to use this.
    Can catch mortars, but gets stun.

CONS:
    If one of your Tesla Bois is broken, that's 4 seconds of doing nothing. Hurray for vulnerability?
    Once someone figures out how to get inside your personal bubble, GAME. OVER. (Unless you have carro lol)
    If someone times their shots well, you are in danger.
    Can only be used at mk6 ( mk5 if you're willing not to use that extra yellow slot, but still)

Djradnad likes this.
  19. TheAntiSnipe

The problem is that it is not a nerf, it's a playstyle killed. In a worse way than frost, in fact. You're killing double bubble with that suggestion. Making it TRULY impossible to use.

Nam_Nam and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  20. SupremeCalamitas

Anything else nerfs single bubbles as well. HP. Duration. Function.

I dunno, just give Tesla shield the standard cool down lengthening.

And double bubble isn't that OP anyway ( I'm not saying it ain't OP).

My reasons:
    Torpedoes and non-centered mortars can still hit the user. Eventually people will have torps and mortars in their load outs to counter this setup. Everything can be countered.