1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Steep fall in infamy

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Shadow Moon!, 1 Mar 2018.

Tags:
  1. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

1500-1800 infamy matches are terrible... it's like the wild west, you never know what to expect with that hodge podge of boats and skills. Things are better at 2000-2500, but I'm still seeing a huge percentage of lop-sided matches as I don't even know how some players got to this infamy based on the way they play. 2500-3000+ has a notable increase in item power, so unless you are running the right boat with the right skills you'll be treading water there for a while. And yes, still a lot of lop-sided battles. I'd imagine that potential could just get worse from there as you start getting into nightmare players with evolved legendary items, Epic T5's, etc. Something is not entirely right with matchmaking at all levels, I wish infamy was the only real input to use to bubble players up and down.

*JAWS* likes this.
  2. saso1988

saso1988 New Member

Im loosing my mind with my battles....after update i cant win a game....and almost always first dmg dealer....

3. Spinners71

Spinners71 Well-Known Member

While this seems like an unlucky streak, you're doing well, and that level of dmg output should cause you to rise if you keep playing enough games.

4. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

I'm not even sure of that. I think of 300 point swings as entirely normal, as in... happen to me a few times a week. So without more context I'm just looking at those and thinking, "another day at the office".

Insofar as the damage output, I wouldn't encourage people to focus on that... particularly shooters. I've seen way too many high-damage shooters who were the ultimate cause of the loss. You know the drill... if teams I am on are consistenly losing then the common denominator is me somehow. Assuming this isn't just "noise", then if it were me (which it is at my infamy) I'd be looking at improving my efforts to lead the team.

*JAWS* and Spinners71 like this.
  5. saso1988

saso1988 New Member

Well i did a study of my last matches... And i found out that 85% of my teammates are falling in infamy. (-300.... - 800) i really dont know what is happening But rovio definitely changed something about matchmaking. With mk5 i was always on 2800-3100. Now i get mk6.... Suddenly drop to the 2500.... And every game i get 1-2 star for defeat.

opp likes this.
  6. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Here is my post which helps explain why the infamy drops happen when upgrading boat level. It’s a bit long, but many people like the post.
    https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/infamy-and-ship-level.17863/#post-113814
    If ship level wad no longer a part of matchmaking, you wouldn’t have suffered the drop.