1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Steep fall in infamy

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Shadow Moon!, 1 Mar 2018.

Tags:
  1. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

I never complained about infamy lose or huge infamy slump. I know it part of game winning and losing go hand in hand.
    I lose because I did something wrong in that battle or our team didn't do well enough.
    But last season( after update) and this season I seem to be on sensational losing streak once at 3600 now at 2500.
    It seems like I turned useless player in just 2 seasons. With same gear I was comfortable at 3600 and now useless, strange.
    Possible reasons are I have not been playing upto the mark or my counterparts are getting stronger than me.
    If it's not the matchmaking then, what am I probably doing wrong. I am losing my will to play with this steep downfall and reduced rewards.

PS: This is not another whining matchmaking thread, I need advice for playing at a stable infamy range.
    @Zeus
    @The Grim Repair
    @Help I Cant Swim
    @Kalbs

opp, Mr. Chompers, PastelPiku and 8 others like this.
  2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

You know how I manipulate infamy to stay comfy and stay farming, right? I just stop commanding when I wanna go lose, at 2700+, and carry with commanding whem below 2400. It seems the only way to counter this mysterious loss regulation is to regulate oneself:( I hate not going all out, but ever since I first (nearly) touched the tanking zone, I have to do it.

3. Shadow Moon!

But why? Its not like I gained 3600 infamy in one season I worked my way up here season after season gaining it slowly. I losing it in just 1 season :(

PastelPiku and • Percy • like this.
  4. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Adapt to the meta. What is your setup? I've played with you and I believe you are a speeder. Speeders are in a really bad place right now. Especially at mk5.

5. Shadow Moon!

Flare blast and ob stun nitro.
    What to adapt I have tried every setup I have. Sniper EC blast torpedo flare EC everything.

6. Shadow Moon!

Yeah we played few battles I hope I did well in chill zone I remember that battle. Since then I am just losing and losing endless 1v1 against enfocers and shooters.

7. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

I understand your troubles. Had a speeder quest pop up a day or two ago and it was torture. Speeder just feels broken now. It can't win any duels. It can't dish out massive damage. It's just a poor person's enforcer.

8. Shadow Moon!

Exactly speeder used to be 1v1 boss. It was like if opposition has speeder don't stray off from team as speeders can't do much when team stick together. Its been nightmare to win any duels lately. Lost most 1v1.

9. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

I understand your pain mk5 has lost its ability to 1v 1 against any boat cooldown is just too much it took me 2 weeks and lot of upgrades and changes in playstyle to reach my previous position in infamy.
    Even now my dmg is 3 times less than what it is to be and most annoying thing is I have lost the ability to kill enemy fixers which is the cause of most of my losses.
    This nerf made me a tanker for the first time since I started this game.
    I even wrote to a Dev to provide me help but no avail.
    My advice is simply change to enforcer since you have blast & flare and rock some other weapon like another blast grenade or mine and learn to use mini map on top it provides a lot of information.
    I played against you a week ago you get tunnel vision using map will help you with that and most importantly don't move in on enemy alone unless you are certain you can kill them till then simply help ur team with stun or little dmg here and there and start commanding ur team to focus fire on high value target.

10. Shadow Moon!

Tried. I remember that match against you in Crude Awakenings and yes I did mistake there and that's not how I play. I keep on moving landing flares hitting blast and mostly staying out of range. I end up mostly 1v2 or 1v1 which used to be 50-50 previously now it is certain lose for me. I lost 95% 1v1 even with 2.5k hp.

11. Crashedup

Actually I played in 3-4 matches against you
    During last two weeks that's why I said tunnel vision and yes you have to change ur playstyle as speeder mk5 have lost the ability to 1v 1 it is one of the major changes I did in my playstyle.
    Now I never go after someone unless I have a player with me i.e I always try to make situation 2v1 instead of 1v1 if i get in 1v 1 I try to run away sadly this is how you need to play now because of the stupid nerf.
    Don't go gun blazing to kill fixer just use chat to make team focus fire and after stunning just nitro away because at ur infamy Thier are lot of stupid players who break the stun as soon as a speeder puts it on the player.
    That's all the advice I can advice you sorry it isn't enough rest is up to devs to improve our situation:(
    Good luck on the bay bud.
    PS: try to get as low cooldown on nitro as possible it will help a lot. I dropped my cooldown from 10.4 sec to 6.5.

12. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

Apparently, M5 speeders have even lost the ability to 1v1 vs. M4 speeders since I'm in a M4 and I routinely 1v1 with higher mark speeders. I also routinely 1v1 with higher mark everything else too.

I suspect the difference is that I've never had tesla bolt so the nerf to it didn't impact my play style or skills. In fact, it helped me because the M5 speeders relied on Tesla bolt and now they have no idea what to do.

13. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

Hey man, I'm not sure if I'm not the right person to tag but I'll try to help you with all the knowledge I have :)

- I know you are frustrated. And that's fine, that's a normal reaction to losing streak. You might have heard of this, but you have to take a break and recalibrate yourself. Frustration helps you lose focus and causes you to lose more. You don't have to completely stop playing. Try playing another game or just login from time to time for daily quests.

- Losing infamy happens faster than earning it. Winning isn't easy. Losing is. You can easily drop a few hundreds in one sitting. You have to understand that all the infamy you lost cannot be gained back in one sitting. With this in mind, adjust your goal. Instead getting all the infamy back, try to gain 100 infamy from your current infamy. Then 200. Then 300. Then take a break, relax and enjoy the small victory.

- Bad games happen. Whether it be a horrible teammate, horrible game from you or just string of bad luck. Often times this is a result of you getting out of focus. LEARN from losing. Think back to what made you win those games and made your infamy rise. Were you aggressive? Patient? Do you rush or do you wait? You have to look back to the foundation of your game and build up from there.

- Remember that every game is winnable, it just varies in difficulty. Don't get discouraged if you see a clear advantage from the unfriends, the game involves a lot of skill and luck.

- Last, play with your team and play smart :)

I hope this will help you get back on track! Good luck!

Last edited: 1 Mar 2018
  14. Shadow Moon!

Yeah my nitro cooldown is also 6.3 and also I tried changing play style switching back to sniper EC and playing more sportive role:( but nothing is working atm.

15. Snapshot

Out of curiosity, worked for what?

I'm in a M4 speeder. I run flare/bc, OB/Nitro, Turbo/Bandages. I have 1700 HP and I fight M5's and M6's routinely. Every single 1v1 I get into it's with boats that are 1 or 2 marks higher than me. Every time I attack the entire enemy team the same thing is true. In other words, I'm not aware of any situation wherein I cannot engage substantially more powerful enemies... not 1v1 and not 1v5. Predictably, on the 1v5 engagements I need the help of my team. I'm asking this in dead seriousness because things might well be different at 3500 infamy. What is it that you cannot do that you think you ought to be able to do?

PastelPiku, • Percy • and wtfack like this.
  16. Craigjnoble

Craigjnoble Well-Known Member

I also am having a similar issue. I also think the change of guild quests have also contributed, most people were carrying one underpowered item to assist with guild quests. Now they can use their full arsenal towards them it can be more beneficial to use them than the lower powered untrained items. So battles have got a bit tougher due to larger firepower.

17. Crashedup

It could be simply that mk5 speeders you play against aren't good enough rise in infamy and you will meet good mk5 who will give you a run for your money.
    Down at ur infamy I used to defeat mk5\6 with my Mk4 simply because they sucked at aiming and controlling Thier ships this has nothing to do with tesla bolt.
    As devil quoted in other thread I will tell you the same when we upgrade from mk4 to mk5 we still carry all our skill of evading shots map awareness using cover of Waves and rocks leading shots tesla bolt is an addition to our skill it does not become our whole skill.
    Yeah it does help us survive a lot as at higher infamy we need additional support to survive on and nitro just don't cut it with level of skill and item up here.

18. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    I feel your pain. I used to be a speeder main too, and it was so good :D Felt so smooth and actually usable. But recently I've had to switch because of how hard it is to use. Nothing feels good on speeder anymore :( If you want to save your infamy and have the right gear, try playing fixer for a while.

19. Snapshot

Absolutely. Then again, I'm not good enough to rise in infamy either so that ought to cancel out.

It is always a truism that I can only speculate about the mechanics at upper levels. Your point of "Wait... all the rest of the speeders also didn't have tesla bolt at M4 and they had to learn all the same skills I'm learning" was one that already occurred to me.

I certainly do not understand the battle situation that is now so bad. I can only look at my own "combat equation" in relative damage terms and I try to map it to the situations being described here and it doesn't make any sense. I have no bolt. The opponents require between 1 and 3 hits... 3/5 of a weapon cycle or 7.5 seconds max to kill me. I need between 6 and 10 hits... 3 -5 weapon cycles or 36 seconds to kill them. Put differently, on the average, to kill a "typical shooter" I require 48 seconds during which time they have to hit me twice. In all seriousness I'm asking how it's worse at 3500 infamy.

Just so your clear, I think it's way more likely that I'm missing something than it is I'm so freakin awesome. I mean... if I was that awesome I'd be at a higher infamy, no? I just can't figure out what I'm not getting.

20. Shadow Moon!

I don't have gear for any other ships tbh. I mained speeder my entire life. I don't know what has changed in mechanics of game or something else. I see lots of my friends dropping in infamy too I don't know why this thing happens every 2 3 seasons, you suddenly drop 500 odd points for no reason at all. Developers doesn't seems to have any explanation to it what I see top players controlling infamy for their benefit might be one of the reason.