1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Standard mortar is now officially not the worst weapon any more

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by nosesabe, 31 Dec 2018.

1. nosesabe

nosesabe Well-Known Member

Yes! It’s true! Because the gaitling gun is there to take that place!

I’ve been researching for a bit and I found some pretty good posts about the issues that gaitling gun has, so I’m not going to go through them again. Here are those posts (the post and the comments):

https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/the-gatling-gun-is-pointless-change-my-mind.21848/

https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/gatling-gun-test-thoughts-and-improvements-ideas.22025/

I know devs that you’re very busy lately with the 4.2 update and you’re bringing great new things, but I’d like you to remember to try to improve the gaitling gun cos it’s really useless right now. The good think about it is that this weapon has a lot of potential and would admit many changes.

This is a gameplay of me playing with the gaitling gun, and even though I manage to use it more or less good, you can clearly see it has many flaws.
    https://replay.battlebay.net/DQXHCSXH#HBJNGTHD

Also, I’d like to know if you plan on improving it or not? Btw, are you also gonna improve the standard mortar? Would me nice you know...

At last I’d like to say that a few months ago I was quite dissatisfied with the devs work and the game but I have to say they did great improvements and I’m liking it a lot, so thx for that.

Happy new year everyone!

Last edited: 31 Dec 2018
  2. Redneck Messiah

Redneck Messiah Well-Known Member

I never thought the standard mortar was the worst weapon, or even the worst mortar... but okay. We can all agree that the Gatling gun sucks lol

Sidd gamer, JoshW and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  3. nosesabe

Standard mortar is one of the least used weapons in the game and it’s really inefficient... But yeh we agree haha

Redneck Messiah likes this.
  4. Redneck Messiah

Redneck Messiah Well-Known Member

Well, how useful/good a weapon is is all a matter of opinion... except the Gatling. That's just a fact.

5. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

I combined for a legendary Gatling gun yesterday. I’m sure you can all imagine the excitement at the amount of work that went into earning those 10 legendary pieces and for it to go to waste.
    I’ll just stockpile and hope one day the Gatling gun isn’t worthless.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  6. -729835959

-729835959 Active Member

...I just saw a player posted in a facebook group, and he said that he just combined red legendary item pieces and got 2 legendary gatling gun.
    TWO !o_Oo_O
    Now he is asking for some tips...

Sidd gamer likes this.
  7. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

My respect for gatgun got so low that the last few times I’ve found myself under fire from one I’ve started laughing so hard I forget to shoot back and end up stuck driving into a wall until I’m dead :(
    My opinion of it is on the rise :/

NathanaelK, nosesabe and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  8. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Ha... I can top that... 3 Legendary Standard Mortars!! Oh, and a Legendary Gatling Gun perk to boot... for my L1 Gatling Gun. RNGeezus luvs me. :D

-729835959 and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  9. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

RNGesus: I can halp

Me: (Young and naïve) Such halp much wow, many thank

Me: (More experienced) Pls noh

SAME DIFF3R3NC3 likes this.
  10. Medullaoblongata

Medullaoblongata Active Member

All you need my friend is a legendary frost blaster....

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  11. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    I thought gatling gun was an important part of a speedforcer's loadout, Mr Unpopular Opinion Puffin.

TheAntiSnipe and Redneck Messiah like this.
  12. envylife

At one point I loaded up the Standard Mortar with 3 Epic Frost perks, and it was underwhelming to say the least. Frost Launcher's range was much farther than Standard Mortar, so if the Frost didn't dissipate by the time I could get within SM range, my teammates would remove it. If I could get a hit, the tiny radius ensured that I rarely had a direct hit and the damage bump wasn't enough to make the combo effective. Frost blaster may be a slightly better option for Standard Mortar, but now we are talking about a tougher hit with the Frost item itself, and only one boat at a time. I am guessing Frost mortars are better with BB/BP where your two-item combo has a chance to affect multiple boats. And again Standard Mortar falls short.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  13. nosesabe

The things is that standard mortar could be improved so easily... just by increasing the projectile speed it would increase the accuracy and it would be worth it... that way you’d have a mortar with unique characteristics, effective and in between the ballpark and the LRM in terms of playability

envylife and Sidd gamer like this.
  14. envylife

That would help make up for the short distance and tiny sweet spot. It's actually easier to hit with a LRM than a Standard Mortar at this point.

15. Ovidmikel

Ovidmikel Active Member

HA I've scrapped 2 leg frost launchers and 3 leg berta only leg weapon I've ever got i wanted is from achievements besides mine rhat I almost scrapped but spool glad I didn't. Oh unless you count the BB gun which ive almost acheivements for t2 and dont know why I cuss myself every time I see 700 700 700 when that coulda been 3 shots and a sunk ship with my fire perked out BLASTY MY PRECIOUS