1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Standard cannon vs Explosive cannon

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by JustinBeaver, 19 May 2017.

1. JustinBeaver

JustinBeaver Member

image.png image.png Which is better and how is explosive cannon good?

Comparing primarily their stats, it's obvious that cannon is far more superior in terms of
    dps. Their range is exactly the same, but the projectile speed of explosive cannon is much slower.

I'm unsure which weapon to complement my Long range mortar and sniper cannon on shooter mk2

Oldmandragon likes this.
  2. Oldmandragon

Oldmandragon New Member

I use both. :p

3. JustinBeaver

JustinBeaver Member

A
    May I know what is ignite? :D

4. Memorize

Memorize Member

I'm recommended for explosive cannon in long terms When you're reach higher leagues you'll need more burst than repeating shot.

Last edited: 19 May 2017
  5. mammoth1946

mammoth1946 Active Member

yes. cannon with low damage in higher infamy is like pew pew pew, rubber ball hitting a wall. :)
    i use epic cannon. pew pew pew.

Oldmandragon likes this.
  6. dead_insect

dead_insect New Member

Stupid question (and off topic, sorry..): what does DPS mean here? Both cannons deal the damage all at once, right? So shouldn't the DPS then be equal to the damage? I understand that a napalm cannon deals mucho damage over many seconds, so that has a damage per second rating. But cannons, I don't get it :oops:

Oldmandragon likes this.
  7. monobrow

monobrow Well-Known Member

DPS (damage per second) is not just for damage over time weapons. Its for any weapon calculated by the damage dealt and time to reload. Does not include crits amd such

Example:

10 damage cannon, takes 1 second to reload. You reload perfectly and hit every shot = 10dps

Oldmandragon likes this.
  8. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Explosive Cannon explodes on impact, dealing aoe damage in a small area.

That sometimes wreck a Fixer-team in half ;(

9. dead_insect

dead_insect New Member

Thanks for the explanation. This gives a whole new perspective when comparing guns.

Oldmandragon likes this.
  10. JustinBeaver

JustinBeaver Member

Wow, thank you guys! So I should invest upgrades in my rare explosive cannon rather than my rare cannon?

In premise that I would be using sniper canon and Long ranged Mortar