1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

So when is the next update? Tomorrow!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Ultrah, 12 Sep 2017.

Tags:
?

When is the next update? Your guess.

1. Next month!

15 vote(s)
    10.8%
  2. This month!

33 vote(s)
    23.7%
  3. 2 months from now!

14 vote(s)
    10.1%
  4. NEVERRRRRRRRRRR

18 vote(s)
    12.9%
  5. as soon as I scrap all my items and quit the game

59 vote(s)
    42.4%
  1. Jerbears

Jerbears Active Member

Chill out guys, go re-watch Game of Thrones or something. Complaining over and over about not getting a cookie isn't going to change the fact you don't have a cookie..

2. Spinners71

Spinners71 Well-Known Member

@ Developers

1. THANK YOU! This is a very well-made game. Action, variety, balance, competition... it's all very well done. Again -- THANK YOU!

2. Being in software development, I know that creating & improving very well made software is unspeakably difficult. On top of that, yeah, summertime can get crazy (as anyone with kids, or any other such unpredictable "real life" disruption knows)... so if you say you need more time to release a quality bug-free update, take your time!

3. It can be frustrating when your customers/fans complain. You care deeply about your product and how well it's received, but furthermore, you even care about their happiness and satisfaction. To care so much and then to get some unnecessarily harsh feedback can feel really awful... if you can learn to take criticism in stride, while never losing your love for your customers, you can achieve anything!

4. I'm willing to bet that even the most harsh complaints aren't really done out of anger. They're probably just a bit impatient, and too immature to realize that successful companies would never delay out of complacency or spite. Most of us out here know you're working hard, we love what you've given us so far, and for us to be eager for more and more, faster and faster... well... can you blame us? I just hope we all learn to be supportive and communicate both appreciation and disappointment with the enthusiasm and respect you deserve.

Keep doing an amazing job!

3. Bunta

Bunta Well-Known Member

Finally someone who gets it. Someone who doesn't want a nerf every single minute. Someone who shows appreciation and respect.
    Thank you Spinners.

Shadow Moon! and The Afenogaster like this.
  4. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

In the absence of concrete information, I reserve the right to be harsh in my feedback. I don't blame people for not knowing any information that hasn't actually been announced on the Announcements subforum or posted in this thread (for people that have commented in this thread). All that's obvious, for people that don't follow half the discussions in General, is that Battle Bay hasn't had an update in over 2 months. There could be any number of reasons for that but the community as a whole doesn't know any of them.

disorder likes this.
  5. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

WE WUZ RIGHT BOIZ :cool:

6. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

So are you scrapping all you stuff this weekend? :D

Ultrah likes this.
  7. CaptNasty

CaptNasty New Member

Really? I know of another mobile game company whose games I have played that is based in the Netherlands. The very same problems are cited on those forums just like here. And the entire company takes the whole month of July for vacation with the exception of a skeleton crew. This is not unique to Rovio or Battle Bay.

For that matter, this other game community forum is so strikingly similar in the personalities, complaints, defenders.... all of it. It is seriously eerie and a sad statement. You could find almost verbatim debates, complaints, trolling, demands for nerfs, demands for buffs, claims of unfairness, arguing, chest thumping and so on.

At this point I don't think it is the companies, the games or the dev teams that are the issue. I think this is what happens when you open access to a team working on a high profile product to direct customer interaction. Some people are entitled, spoiled, demanding and/or arrogant and it shows.

All a game community does is reveal the character of it's members. Here is a prediction for you: keep up the toxicity and the dev team will stop communicating with the game community. Don't believe me? The other forum I referenced above is there now. The toxicity became so virulent that the dev team hired a community manager and disappeared. Eventually the community manager stopped communicating too. Now bug reports are not even acknowledged, new updates are not explained and new features are not announced. No one gets answers to questions of how things work. Forum moderators who are unpaid volunteers police the forum and act as a go between to the community manager as a one way communication channel.

This and more can be the future of this forum if the members do not want to find some level of civility.

8. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    The BB team is small, and their vacation was spread across two weeks, and some of the staff worked through vacation... it was just a hugh update

9. CaptNasty

CaptNasty New Member

Was not speaking of Rovio or Battle Bay in that statement. Was referring to the other games dev team and that dev team did take the entire monthof July off.

10. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

98FC95CF-6D6D-4223-87E7-19DF6A585C59.gif

11. Wymtime

Wymtime Active Member

Supercell takes July off because they are in Sweden. Basically everyone in Sweden takes July off for holliday

12. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

And you don't think a practice that creates that much controversy among the playerbase is an issue? That's not a problem of communication, it's a problem with a lack of updates. They can close all communication, problems will still arise if we don't see updates for 2 months. The community starts raising a storm because they think the game is dying, not because we have some vendetta against the devs.

Here's an example. In one case, the company communicates and says the reason there haven't been any updates is because they have been on vacation. The community argues amongst themselves, but at least there's something there.
    In another reality, the game hasn't seen updates in months and there's been no word or announcements from the devs. What do you think happens then?

Last edited: 29 Sep 2017
  13. The Otherguy

Tech support
    This.

14. CaptNasty

CaptNasty New Member

I do not think it is the developers who create the controversy. It is members of the community who are demanding and entitlement minded who create the drama.

These are developers their job is to work on gaming products for their company. It is not their job to mommy coddle needy members of a game community. They have no obligation to tell the game community anything.

Mr. Chompers likes this.
  15. The Otherguy

Tech support
    But Rovio is based in Finland!

16. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

*mollycoddle

Shadow Moon! and The Otherguy like this.
  17. CaptNasty

CaptNasty New Member

I am aware this is the proper form. I was taking creative licensing and going for a play on that.

18. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

I was just looking for an excuse to post something to make sure I hadn't got myself in trouble for being a dumb troll. Thanks for the creativity;)

The Otherguy likes this.
  19. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

You're right, they don't. My point was that the source of the "drama" is the lack of updates, and they do have an obligation to update the game. Players should not be expected to know the workplace culture and traditions of specific gaming companies in other countries, so that's why devs usually take the time to give an explanation. It may cause drama, but it stops people from quitting the game and gives them an outlook as to when the next update might be.

In other words, the community is totally expected to get demanding when they don't receive the updates they're entitled to. I recognize that saying "players are entitled to updates" is kind of a loaded statement, I'm just saying that we all know what happens when they stop updating the game and particularly slow updates only increase fears of that happening.

20. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

Here’s to tomorrow! ;)

Netsa and The Otherguy like this.