1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

So... When is Rovio shutting down the Bay?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by KRN Nomad, 19 Nov 2018.

1. KRN Nomad

KRN Nomad Member

It seems like they have done more than enough damage to the game, and all they are trying is to squeeze money out of players. I have missed 1 whole season for the first time since I've started playing the game, and I realized I don't miss playing the game at all. I wonder whether the game would survive to see the summer of 2019.

2. Winter Chicken

Winter Chicken Active Member

I see comments like this after every big update, how everyone thinks it's so much worse. But in the end the bay is in a better place than it started out at, even if each aspect isn't perfect.

3. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I've not seen comments like this prior to 4.0.

4. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I have... But there's like nothing I haven't seen in this game.

I've seen it all LMAO:D

5. envylife

Guilds and Events were meant with pleasantries. Gatling Gun was a welcome addition. Increased agility was met with, at best, mixed reviews. New Ships were welcomed, until everyone realized all Event rewards were replaced with a paltry amount of ship pieces that require a year's worth of Events to upgrade... as a trade for a year's worth of pre-4.0 Event Rewards. Think of that difference.

The complaints were always focused on the minute details of tuning existing content...tweaking matchmaking, subverting seal clubbing, NML Reset affecting Ace league, etc.

6. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

Well if they do shut down the ports, then I’d like to know ahead of time so I can say goodbye to all my fellow captains.

7. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

Probably when their new MMO game goes live

8. xbabounex

xbabounex Member

This 4.0 is the worst update ever. As I already wrote on this forum : Rovio killed Battle Bay.

And it tooks too long time to level up boat and weapons...... 2 years for only one legendary weapon and same perks for months... :(. Never get the right parts I'm expecting for. Bloody gambling system. No chance.

Last edited: 21 Nov 2018
  9. Jenarall

Jenarall Member

Which is?

10. Riddlerpaji

Riddlerpaji Active Member

Like brawl stars. Releasing in December. XD

NeptuneGaming and Sidd gamer like this.
  11. SoNIcWaVER

SoNIcWaVER Member

Hey guys, honestly im not really that pissed by the new update. Sure, they took the mks away probably cuz they were too lazy to make different designs for the ships, but in the end we got NEW SHIPS, after like 2 years or something. Remember the item achievements btw? I just got a legendary big torp out of it. Legendaries arent all that great tbh. In the end, most people have t5 epics which surpass t1 legendaries by far. I feel like its good that they are at least trying to make a push and making new content. Also, i started this game around 1 and a half years ago, then took a break. I was a mk 4 shooter with t3 rares and t1 epics, and i already had 5/10 red. Thats before the EVENTS, remember. So, I cant see why its unreasonable to get the same amount in about 2k-3k battles. They might have dropped the chances, but legendaries were always meant to be exclusive, to be something you dont see quite often. Now they are really common among the people who did the events, and it has kinda dropped to "oh they have 3 legendaries, cool..."

So what makes the new update bad for you guys? I would really like to know, because ive been seeing a LOT of hate for this update and I just dont understand why.

12. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

Well I think the only thing we need now is new devs, only that may improve/save the game. This is one beautiful game(not going to lie there) they are destroying and it's hard to see that. Honestly, I still like the game but at the same time i feel like Its not worth spending time on it anymore cuz we(the community) barely gets the things we "need" instead the devs do the things they want. They keep repeating the same mistakes over and over again.

13. SoNIcWaVER

SoNIcWaVER Member

what are they doing wrong?

14. envylife

IMO it's not that they are doing wrong, but they could improve communicating with the community including consideration for player feedback. The fact that they ignore obvious issues then surprise us with things no one asked for gives the impression that they are oblivious to what's going on in the game.

15. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

They made a lot of changes, okay not all we asked for, but still they did. Why would they do that if they let the game bleed to death afterwards? That is like painting the house so you can increase the rent and then burn the house after two months. It cost more to paint the house than you earn from the increased rent for two months. Makes no sense, just like the talk they are letting the game die makes no sense.

So, IMO this thought does not make sense and if we start repeating this game is going to die, it will, because we scare a lot of people away with this doom mongery. Address the problems and hope the Devs will listen, but stop repeating this game will die. I see new players every day, what do you expect they think if we keep on spreading these rumours time and time again?

And NO, I am not saying there aren't problems and things can be improved upon, like guild rivarlry, lower prices (so, they start selling a lot more), listenings to the community a bit better. But this game is not dying soon.

Regards,
    Flint

Agile Vanguard and Sidd gamer like this.
  16. envylife

Your point is well taken, there's nothing specific that says the game is dying or that Rovio has given up on it, particularly with the new boat introductions.

However, what I have noticed is a complete lack of Dev communication. While they used to be on the forums clarifying questions, they have been absent for a couple months. A thriving MMO game requires a good feedback loop on top of continuous new content to thrive. It's a fantastic game, and it still has a lot of potential yet to be realized.

17. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Completely agree with you, the communication can be improved and also that they implement some of our ideas as well. It is 99% theirs and we get the 1% of small tweeks, as I talked about in https://forum.battlebay.net/threads...devs-change-the-game.21981/page-5#post-174910.

Communication and the will to listen are both paramount to a good relationship.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  18. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

If BB tanks, I suppose that i'll see you in that new stupid looking cartoony game that is sucking our devs away...

19. Jowiee

Jowiee Active Member

An analogy for the problem Rovio handling Battle Bay is that the road needs much repair. But instead, they build a giant shopping mall instead.

20. DragonLegend

DragonLegend Well-Known Member

You mean Brawl Stars? :D lol

NmE likes this.