1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Sniper vs Railgun

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Alpha ., 12 Dec 2017.

1. FirnenAhead

FirnenAhead Well-Known Member

Allow me to be afraid of this possibility. At high levels Railgun works exactly as it should work.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Exactly as I said, a railgun buff doesnt sit right with me, since I KNOW it's a late game weapon.

3. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

This sentence caught my eye in a instant,
    Bro!! No one said it needs buff.i m quite good at using it and dont need the noobs to use it better than me by a buff(which is the case of sniper,Any idiot can use it effectively).Why do you jump to conclusions!! Its a comparison and sniper wins the game fair and square
    I know very well how railgun works and it will never outshine sniper.

Orpheus uses Dual sniper,/S\ uses sniper plus flare(Lets be clear flare barely affects sniper performance).They all are mid level P2W,dont tell me that they dont have decent railguns...

And any damn shooter using railgun or not uses sniper for sure.

Railgun is the best end game,but if you compare it to sniper,my friend! I will have to say you dont know how any of them works.

(P.S.--- Dont judge based on you tube replays,they upload their 1 success video out of 1000s of games played)

4. a_creeper_won

a_creeper_won Well-Known Member

Basement dweller
    Buff it at low levels

5. Babablacksheep

No one said it needs a damned buff,Anti snipe is just assuming it by himself:mad::mad:

6. TheAntiSnipe

Lol don't you worry about either. This thread started off innocent. I only walked in when some peeps started to go on about balancing. In that case, they must mean only these two, no?

Also, my point was the CREW TRAINING, which is easier for the sniper cannon. Are you talking about both weapons at their best(fully trained)? If you are, railgun is better.

7. TheAntiSnipe

Where I walked into the topic.

8. a_creeper_won

a_creeper_won Well-Known Member

Basement dweller
    This is you two right now
    CE92CD36-C248-4D26-9A6D-1FA10CEC0325.jpeg

Babablacksheep likes this.
  9. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

How is railgun better elaborate please.

10. Babablacksheep

Whats your basis,that you are nightmare player or you are an expert railgun user Lol:D

Ohhh wait,Its youtube lol!!

11. TheAntiSnipe

Somebody's stirring it up lol.

12. TheAntiSnipe

Oi, dude, wait up. I'd gladly prove my point with maths, but I'm tired today. Wrote 39 pages of theory, turned my brain to mush. Just hang on a few.

13. Babablacksheep

@TheAntiSnipe being an inexperience railgun and sniper user yourself,You are not helping in anyways.The thread creator asked a question and i m helping him to make a descision and so are others

If you think thread is stupid and you want to fight for buffs/nerfs(Which you seem to assume by yourself),We can do it elsewhere.

14. Babablacksheep

Ohh,you gave me the time to leave and i have expressed my views! So well you do the math and explain your theories to yourself.I will see myself out this thread(Unlesss i see horrendously stupid comment that triggers me)

15. FirnenAhead

FirnenAhead Well-Known Member

Most important: @Alpha . don't scrap that leg railgun because of a discussion on the forum where most of the people state that it's less effective than sniper. Give it a try and, for god's sake, keep it.

16. TheAntiSnipe

A maxed leg t5 railgun does 2586 damage per shot. A maxed t5 sniper cannon does (49% chance) 2445 damage by my calculations. A hair's worth of difference lol. Wow. @Babablacksheep I'm getting sloppy. How tho? Did someone miss something here?

17. TheAntiSnipe

Ya, fo sho man.

18. Babablacksheep

Leggy T5 railgun 3500 damage not 2500

Leggy T5 sniper 45% crit chance with all epic perks not 49%

Still sniper is better than railgun,Because of efficacy

Do even consider aspect like relaod time,damage decrease,no curve projectile(High probability to miss),less projectile speed Or just damage of both

Considering your reply i m to assume that you read none of my comments

19. Babablacksheep

@Alpha . he js right,Sorry for negative comments! You asked for comparison and we gave our views.

But i can assure you that Railgun is not a waste.Infact a 2nd best weapon relative to sniper.Scrap would be a big mistake!

And also sniper is getting nerfed sooner or later,So well you are the luckiest person since you have other Long range beast with you

Bless Rngesus!

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  20. TheAntiSnipe

I told ya. Brain's mush today. Super long paper. Anyway. That's what I was shocked by. How can snipe be better than rail even in the endgame? Too damn much m8!!!

Babablacksheep likes this.