1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Sniper critical damage.

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Jayaramdbz, 30 Jul 2018.

1. Jayaramdbz

Jayaramdbz Member

As a sniper cannon user I have maxed out the epic sniper with all critical chance perks. My sniper base damage is about 731, and critical hit is around 1800 which seems Soo less. I have seen Lev 50 epic sniper does more than 2400 in YouTube and even while playing. Can anyone tell me how to get this thing done.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  2. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

with critical hit damage perks (U +10%, R +15%, E +20%)

edit:
    for example this beast
    Screenshot_20180806-213829.png

Last edited: 6 Aug 2018
  3. EduardoMeliss

EduardoMeliss Member

:(
    True Life
    Screenshot_20180806-140701.png

4. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Burning makes a big difference. There are 5 trainings in Bhurt which give 5% damage to burning targets. 731 x 1.25 (burning) x 2.5 (crit) = 2284
    The rest probably comes from substituting crit chance perks for crit damage, cannon damage or damage vs burning targets... any of those will reduce crit rate but increase your max potential damage.

I also did a quick calculation showing that max base damage for an epic should be 736 rather than 731 but that's a small difference

Counterpoints likes this.
  5. KINGIVANOV

KINGIVANOV Well-Known Member

Teenager
    The burning percentage boost stacks meaning that it would not be 1 + (0.5*5) = 1.25 but instead 1.05 ^ 5 = 1.2762815625
    At least I’m pretty sure it stacks

6. Jayaramdbz

Jayaramdbz Member

Yes what you said is convincing but my sniper always crits around 1700 to 1900, and with fire bonus it's just 2k. I'm not understanding the logic here. Actually overall damage perks equipped in my missiles made my sniper base damage as 751. Even though I'm getting the same.

7. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

If you have your brock and blastian maxed and have dr buzz damage boosts, your sniper should be above 800 dmg. Then add a crit dmg perk or 2. Should easily do over 2400 a crit

8. Jayaramdbz

Jayaramdbz Member

Ya all done just Brock left, and it's at Lev 28

9. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Still seems kinda low. I know that diet coke had a max epic sniper with 3 crit dmg perks and he hit a crit for 3k

10. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

What perks are you using, increased crit damage or increased crit chance?

11. Jayaramdbz

Jayaramdbz Member

Critical chance perks, total critical chance is 45%

12. LotharusMaximus

LotharusMaximus Well-Known Member

It is all a combination of perks and training. If you've maxed out the training as others have stated, you will crit higher values. If you're running 2-3 bigger crit damage perks you will see a much higher crit damage. I was running 2 20% bigger crit damage perks and occasionally saw crits for 2400 on my lvl 50 epic, but I still have plenty of training left to max out the possible damage. The crit % drops a lot though so it's a big tradeoff. I've started to think crit % is better so I'm only running one 20% bigger crit perk and am good with it. Crits for 2000+ are still good and more plentiful.

13. Jayaramdbz

Jayaramdbz Member

Ya even I don't like critical damage perks, but still thinking if I want to use those perks to see good and high damage on the crits. Thanks for sharing.

LotharusMaximus likes this.
  14. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

This is the choice you need to make.
    More frequent, weaker crits, or less frequent more powerful crits.
    For me I run all crit chance on my sniper, as when it doesnt crit the shot isnt worth registering...

15. Jayaramdbz

Jayaramdbz Member

Yes this is exactly what I'm thinking.