1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooters Need A Nerf

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by ViscountSniffit, 25 Oct 2017.

?

Do you think shooters could use some rebalancing?

1. Yes

42.2%
  2. No

57.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

HIGH RISK,HIGH REWARD. Also try using tesla shield, as a speeder noob like myself, i found shield help full in against those leggy. It will keep you alive. And mk5 can attain quite good HP with big shield. Adding to that you can use Nitro too at mk5, so mortars won't be a problem then. My personal experience as shooters, its too difficult to shoot a speeder because the body is too small, take advantage of it.

After watching your video i realized that you use stun much too less. Let me tell its main speeder weapon. In long range battle, if you can't shoot with your close range weapons, stun spam can help you a lot

Trust me if i had a choice of starting over again i would choose speeder over shooter. Shooter maybe good at low levels,but the way it is wrecked by every single ship class at high infamy is quite frustrating.

And one advise, use flare over explosive. As you train bhurt substitute Blast with explosive. Flare is SICK AND OVERPOWERED (IN HANDS OF RIGHT PLAYER). You can check black lotus in global top 50,tier 2 epic flare(Tier 2 epic flare in global top 50 is a big deal, since people have tier 5 leggy)

ViscountSniffit likes this.
  2. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I switched over quite early. I used speeder since mk2 (about 300 infamy). I think the speeder definetly forced me to become a much better player. When I played shooter, I was basically just playing my own game, seeing how many people I could kill. In the speeder I quickly realised that I’m unlikely to survive the battle, so it became much more about setting up my team for the win, and getting the most out of my limited weapons and hp.

I like to think that I make my shots count. I don’t know if you watched my pentakill video, but I only missed one shot in that whole game, out of almost 9k damage (it hit a rising wave). It’s also worth mentioning that a good portion of those shots were landed on speeders (there were two speeders on the unfriend’s team). If I can hit them consistently, then shooters probably can too, which ‘kind of’ shows how fickle speed is as an alternative to hp.

I did bring down a big shooter at the end, but he actually wasn’t equipped to fight me. He was running 3 ~mortars and a railgun, which were all useless up close.

vis1234567899 likes this.
  3. ViscountSniffit

I would definetly like to try running flare gun. I have a rare one that I plan to level up, and a couple of burn perks ready. Hopefully, RNG will give me a duplicate soon.

I do normally use the stun a bit more. I just don’t like it use if I’m floating behind someone, as it gives away where the damage is coming from. Often if I’m behind someone, shooting them, I’ll see them reverse because they think they’re being sniped from the front. As soon as you stun someone though, they immediately know there is a speeder behind them.

4. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Thing is, they sometimes do, sometimes don't. Bro, speeder is about taking big risks, like drawing fire when it's unwise to do so, just to see how capable your enemy is.
    Lemme tell you a joke. I ran into a shooter with two firebombs and two t4 blasts. Now YOU tell me what would've happened had he known how to use it. I forced his team to stay in the tunnel by telling my teammates about the location (foundry, napalm shooters) and drew him out, forcing him into a sniperfight at the end of which I flared and blasted him into oblivion.
    Another joke, I've never had a pentakill 500+. I don't think too much about it, since my K/D is trash anyway lol.

vis1234567899 likes this.
  5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Eh?

6. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Maybe he is, i m not quite fond if him . But thing he said about dodging may not be wrong totally. You can take advantage of sudden stops and waves to dodge.

7. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

Lol i got a penta kill at 1000, i was dead proud. But yes i scrapped my epic flare and tier 3 blast cannon 1.5 months ago, because i really did not know what weapons were good. Now my speeder uses tier 1 rares and i am crying so much:(:(:(

Last edited: 27 Oct 2017
  8. mannyfreshmf

mannyfreshmf New Member

if all ships are so balanced then why is the top 50 filled with mostly yellow and greens? I don't think shooters make up 15% of the top 50..
    who would you bank on winning (all at 4k infamy) 4 shooters and a fixer or 4 yellows boats and a fixer ?

9. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Depends who is controlling the boats and what gear they have ;)

WarCream and Shadow Moon! like this.
  10. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

The team having more mines and torpedos.

11. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    Most players are shooters early on because thats the easiest ship to use early on.
    Further on most people still use shooter for a reason. Maybe the top 50 doenst have many shooters, but when u go further down to like the top 200, lots are shooters

12. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

And a fixer is useless with 4 yellows because fixer won't be able to keep up with all on the other hand fixer can stick with 4 reds or blues easily.

13. mannyfreshmf

mannyfreshmf New Member

yes, but the 4 nightmare league yellows will relentlessly attack the opposing fixer, then go heal up until the fixer is destroyed.. unless the shooters take out the yellows quickly it will over very fast..

14. mannyfreshmf

mannyfreshmf New Member

well my point is that yellow ships are the preference of the top players because they're so nimble (combined with the players skill).
    If all ships are "equal" in some way then there should be more reds and blues in the top 50, but there aren't as you agreed..
    why would that be, other than preference?
    I don't think they just prefer an enforcer or speeder, it seems that those are the ships that are the most capable in the bay and everyone loves a good fixer... Especially these days, that shooters and defenders get destroyed if they get caught in the waves?

15. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

Yes, shooter needs a nerf. Except top 50, the bay is dominated by Shooters (just check your league, if you don't believe me).
    The reason is simple - weapons achievements. 5/8 of their items can be improved with those achievements.

Balance anybody?

YerJokinArnYer likes this.
  16. ViscountSniffit

Firstly, you bumped a 6 month old thread.

Secondly, speeders are no longer dominating the top 50, since they were nerfed to death.

And green boats haven’t been competitive at the top since before this topic was made. Are you from the past?

17. Neptune_Gaming

Neptune_Gaming Well-Known Member

Please, sincere request.
    Leave the game as it is.
    No nerfs
    Only buffs

18. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

The advantage that shooter has, is that it is very resistant to nerfs which devastate other ships.
    Devs increase cooldown of weapons. No worry, with 5 weapon slots they’ll always have a weapon ready to fire when cooldown finishes.
    You nerf their blue shit items, it’s a nerf to every single ship at the same time.
    The only way to nerf a shooter is to directly affect the stats of the ship itself.
    Anyway, I’d rather talk about how to buff other ships.

19. ViscountSniffit

As the topic creator, I humbly request this thread be locked, as it’s from last year, and has be necroed.

Crashedup likes this.
  20. mannyfreshmf

mannyfreshmf New Member

Not true!
    Check the top 50, right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.