1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooters Need A Nerf

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by ViscountSniffit, 25 Oct 2017.

?

Do you think shooters could use some rebalancing?

1. Yes

42.2%
  2. No

57.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Yeah I said it! :eek: *braces for salt*

But seriously, they already have a huge firepower advantage, able to obliterate other ships without even missing a beat. So why do they also need so many hit points and defense points?

Here is an example of just how hard they are to kill...

This shooter is on his own, and I follow him half way around the map pumping shot after shot into him (he’s not even fighting back), and he still manages to tough it out, until he gets back to his fixer, and he still won’t die! Later he even ends up killing me.

I could understand if it was a defender doing this, but it’s not, it’s a much faster ship with 3 more guns than a defender.

I’m seriously questioning whether there is any point continuing to play speeder. Every game I’m up against 4 sometimes 5 of these beasts. And imagine how hard it is to kill them when they fight back? They don’t even have to wait for thier guns to cool down.

By all means, let them have more firepower, or make them really hard to kill... but don’t make them both at the same time. The shear number of shooters below mk5 says it all.

Blueee, The Otherguy and Earel like this.
  2. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

I vote for taking away all their armor points, nothing more tho. They are not that op. At most make their max speed the same as defender and enforcer

Blueee, Earel, BomberRspn and 2 others like this.
  3. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

They are slow and even when you have max speed they don't turn fast enough to dodge lead shots of mortars ans missles.

That is why they need defense points. Or else they would get shreded by snipers and carronades

4. Miku Da Yo 39

They have the same max speed as a fixer, 1.46 at Mk5 is more than fast enough, Dodging a lead shot is not about speed lmao. Its about how you move and stop and also about moving up and down with a wave and closing in or furthering away. i don't know what you are talking about. They can lose the defense points or reduce it to 5 like enforcer. Everything else is fine though.

5. Joey who

You want everything that isn't fixer related nerfed lol

6. Miku Da Yo 39

Now that you bring it up, lets talk about how we can nerf your defender and flare gun!

Lil_Torta, Shadow Moon! and Joey who like this.
  7. ViscountSniffit

Every ship gets shredded by snipers. They’re my most hated weapon in the speeder, and they sometimes do about half my hp in one shot. Fixers and Enforcers don’t have it any easier, they all know what it’s like to die in 3 shots. Why should shooters be any different?

ThatOnion and The Otherguy like this.
  8. Miku Da Yo 39

Shooters have no yellow or green slots. Most of their HP is from blue slots. They need HP otherwise they have nothing but sheer firepower. Without speed they would be stationary. Shooters cant be glass cannons that would be unfair. So 1.46 speed and 4 blue slots is not really unfair. I still vote they lose the defense points though

9. Joey who

But shooters have no way of dodging snipers. They aren't fast like speeders. Don't got tesla shields like enforcers. Can't use OB or nitro like fixers and don't got 10k hp like defenders. They need some type of defense

Cyn likes this.
  10. Miku Da Yo 39

Fixer and enforcers have yellow slots to compensate for lack of HP.
    Therefore a shooter having high HP to compensate for lack of yellow is ok. Defense points really arent neccessary. Plus if anything both shooter and speeder have 4 blue slots. Come on whats up with this. 6-7K hp speeder is stupid. Give them more agility or something else instead of HP

11. ViscountSniffit

The problem is yellow items aren’t much of a defense, and a lot aren’t even that good until late in the game.

I also don’t have Tesla Shield or Nitro. And when I did have them they didn’t do an awful lot for my survivability. You might dodge a shot or two with them, but afterwards you’ve got nothing, and it’s not like shooters stop shooting while your Nitro cools down.

I’d rather have an extra shield or gun in most situations.

12. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    Shooters are fine.

HELLRAZOR and behumble like this.
  13. Miku Da Yo 39

Whats your infamy, yellow slots are priceless imo over a blue slot. As a fixer without a nitro or OB im screwed and can only play stationary.

14. Joey who

I have seen many speeders with more hp thsn shooters. And enforcers with 6k hp, OB and double shields. A shooter gets owned by a speeder or enforcer of equal skill and level

15. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    You gotta take into consideration that this is a mk5 shooter, meanwhile you're a mk3/4 speeder (can't tell dif anymore lol). Of course he is going to live a long time, his boat outclasses yours.

TheAntiSnipe and Miathan like this.
  16. Miku Da Yo 39

I think that is because most of the ships in the game are shooters, as such more under leveled shooter players are common. with 4 blue slots thats 2 big shields or more commonly, 1 turbo and a big shield and small shield. At mk5 base HP is around 3k. average shooter hp is around 5-7 k in most of my battles. I think its quite healthy as of the moment. Defense points still are not necessary imo. But really why should a speeder have 6-7k HP so stupid. Enforcer is fine with its limited blue slots.

17. ViscountSniffit

I’m level 27, between 1-1.5k

OB is good... but it’s kind of a nessesity on the speeder, otherwise it wouldn’t even be that fast. So in some ways you’re just burning a yellow slot on something the ship should natuarlly do. Same with turbo. The base speed on my speeders is something like 0.86 so literally half of my yellow and blue slots are taken up by items to compensate for it not actually going fast at all.

18. Miku Da Yo 39

You are just low level, at lv 34 and MK5 speeder. base is like 1.14 and max is 1.7. T4 rare or t 3 epic turbo should get you to max speed. You dont need to run OB at mk5 you can get by with 1 nitro.

19. ViscountSniffit

We’re still being matched against each other. And my guns aren’t exactly weak for my infamy. I’m running a L30 Blast Cannon, which is about as high as I can get it at my captain level.

20. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    Yeah I have tier IV Turbo w/ 3 epic perks, and it gets me to 1.64 speed. I'd imagine once I get tier V I can reach max speed, even without the 10% bonus from Swift lvl 30.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.