1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooter Ship tips

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Sarleon, 9 May 2017.

1. Spunj

Spunj New Member

@Sarleon You might be the only person who would run with that combo. I have yet to see it. Good luck with the Enforcer.

2. Sarleon

Sarleon Member

Which combination do you prefer for the Shooter and Enforcer? If you know that my Shooter is MK2 (3 weapon slots) and Enforcer I will use when it's MK2 because I need at least 2 weapons!

3. CheeseDreams

CheeseDreams New Member

I've been rocking the swift torpedo (with cannon and sniper) and it's kicking butte!!

4. Sarleon

Sarleon Member

But it's difficult to hit a target with it. The Mortar is also not my style because I struggle with aiming...

5. Sarleon

Sarleon Member

Now I use (Shooter MK2) Sniper, Cannon and Blast Cannon. It's just like the Mortar because it has splash damage on nearby ships. This feels better than the Mortar for me!

6. Spunj

Spunj New Member

When I run shooter, I go mortar/cannon/tri-torp. My mortar and cannon are rare/10, so they do around 25-26 dps damage (i.e. the cannon does 135 or so per hit and the mortar does 265, I think, but I also get +30% on a direct hit because of a Mortimer upgrade). The tri-torp is there because I haven't found anything else that I like to put in its place. I do like the sniper, but at uncommon it doesn't do enough damage (even though I have it at level 12) to make the boat.

7. Sarleon

Sarleon Member

Do you have tips to use the Mortar properly? Thanks for replying btw!

8. Spunj

Spunj New Member

Standard mortar is a secondary weapon. The range on a standard mortar is shorter than a cannon. Use it against ships that aren't racing, unless you are going to lead them. It also works well against a group of boats at medium range, say a defender and a fixer, because the blast radius and splash are fairly wide. Don't worry about trying to drop a mortar on someone's head. If precision is the goal, go with a sniper or railgun instead, even though their dps is lower. If you want panic, go tri torp or napalm (or just keep hitting the same target with the cannon. By the time you hit them the fourth time, they are starting to worry, anyway).

Sarleon likes this.
  9. N1NJ4YT

N1NJ4YT Member

I use canon, sniper canon and torpedo, but I use torpedo cause I master on how to use it, its really hard but If u want to kil thel enemies faster, take ur time and practice with it, or else use motars(any) or another sniper canon, hope this helps

10. JDAR

JDAR Active Member

The best advice I could give you is stop using the shooter and go use the speeder:D

lolawola likes this.
  11. Johno21

Johno21 New Member

Hey guys! I need your help, should I upgrade my shooter to mk2? I am not sure of the advantages and disadvantages... can someone please let me know thanks.

12. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

@Johno21 definitely.
    You'll have more slots for firepower and blue items (turbo, shields, bandage), more health and higher shield defence.
    You'll lose a bit of speed on both your ship and turret, and your rudder will have slightly less effect but you won't even notice the difference after a few battles.
    You can balance it out by upgrading your blue items anyway.

Last edited: 11 May 2017
  13. GuerrillaPvP

GuerrillaPvP Active Member

I just found an awesome setup for this!!! Put in flare gun as your third weapon. Well upgraded it can do 250 damage, reloads semi-quickly, and is great in close combat. If that doesn't work you can use another cannon for insane reload times.

Sarleon likes this.
  14. TheRedSpeeder

TheRedSpeeder Well-Known Member

I don't know where you find a flare gun dealing 250 dmg per second, or did you perhaps mean total damage it deals?

15. JDAR

JDAR Active Member

Yes do it it's awesome

16. Sarleon

Sarleon Member

Thanks for the replies :) I am trying the Blast Cannon and Big Berta out. I do not love to wait at cool down so the rail gun is not for me. Torpedos are great but difficult to hit someone.

17. JDAR

JDAR Active Member

This is just my opinion but the cannon is far better then the blast cannon! All its features are better and DMG/reload time actually means the cannon is better!

18. Herenvaron

Herenvaron New Member

Sorry, but what this?

19. GuerrillaPvP

GuerrillaPvP Active Member

Yes, total damage. 250 a second would be insane!

20. Charlotte Douche

Charlotte Douche Well-Known Member

Its best burst combo in this game