1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Season and Rivalry Systems

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Trium, 23 Feb 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DoktorTeeth

DoktorTeeth Member

plus, there's only 3 levels of guild rank... should be at least
    4: Leader; Officers; ESTABLISHED members; NEW & on-notice members

Jowiee likes this.
  2. Jowiee

Jowiee Active Member

I agree. I wish member hierarchy was more intricate for custom privileges. Currently my guild marks established members as officers and new members marked as regular members. It works okay but could be better.

3. - Oskar -

- Oskar - Well-Known Member

in short the system for me is much better than before, but that don´t means it´s good enough... and I full agree in BB office should put more devs and people working, great game which need much more work...before everybody gets bored and goes away... kmon.... new maps, weapons, boats, different battles, hall of fame.... seems devs want to give all drop to drop

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  4. Spinners71

Spinners71 Well-Known Member

The old rivalry matchmaking had SEVERE problems because it so strongly incentivized Infamy-tanking.
    This new rivalry matchmaking system is NOT WORSE. It is better.
    But the new system isn't perfect either.
    It could be better -- primarily by doing 2 things:
    1. Reducing the spread of the end-of-rivalry rewards between 1st - 6th place (so guilds are less incentivized to "game the system" week-to-week)
      1. For example: the rewards could be: 18k, 16k, 14k, 12k, 10k, 8k.
    2. Reducing the relative weight of the end-of-rivalry rewards as compared to the # of tokens gained from just doing the quests/boards.
      1. It would be better to increase quest/board rewards, and then comparatively decrease the end-of-rivalry rewards.
      2. Even if this is an overall net reduction in # tokens awarded each week, that's probably a good thing (because I think tokens are still the most lucrative resource in the game right now).
      3. So, combining the two ideas, the rewards should be something like: 9k, 8k, 7k, 6k, 5k, 4k, 3k. And then bumping up quest/board rewards slightly.

Jowiee likes this.
  5. Jowiee

Jowiee Active Member

Old system: infamy tank on a individual level
    New system: infamy tank on a guild level

Rewards are too spread apart for too many active competition. Its better for the entire guild to drop activity and pick up 1st again next season.

Solution: Tighten the rewards so top 3 gets similar amounts. And bottom 3 gets lower reward but similar. Algorithm matchup needs to factor in more variables.

6. Spinners71

Spinners71 Well-Known Member

Technical correction: For what you described, I wouldn't call it "infamy tanking on a guild level", I would call it "quest tanking on a guild level"...

Jowiee and Kowsky like this.
  7. Jowiee

Jowiee Active Member

Haha yes that's actually what I meant :)

8. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

I agree with your over all post. I'm generally a competitive person but this game works strongly against that. It's a grinding game... flat out... the very definition of casual gaming. What blows my mind is that I said this once and I was told that they DO play their game... regularly... and on low infamy alt-accounts. So they must think that the lower infamies are more or less OK right now. ... *blink*

9. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

Thanks to the actual constructive feedback in this thread and posts on topic!

closing now as feedback has been read ( very valuable thank you again) but also seemed to have been hijacked by off topic discussion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.