1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Rudder on fixer

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by The Green Goblin, 2 Sep 2017.

1. The Green Goblin

The Green Goblin New Member

I've been wondering if anyone has used a rudder on a fixer. I've been debating putting one on for sometime. But to make it worthwhile I'm going to have to start leveling it. The thing is I really hate to lose the hit points from my shield and the speed from my turbo. It just takes me too long to turn around. I have to make such wide arcs to get back into the battle. During those times is when I'm at my most vulnerable. If I do put one on what would you recommend swapping out? The turbo or the shield?

I know everybody's play style is different. Everybody has certain things they like to do. I was just hoping to get a little advice.

Last edited: 2 Sep 2017
  2. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

i dont use rudder,
    i use 2 turbo,
    fixer need to be mobile for supporting role.

Ultrah likes this.
  3. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

I had rudder for a long time on mk4 and mk5 fixer, it's very good. I used turbo + rudder. I run turbo + shield now, but I haven't managed to beat my highest rudder infamy yet (3500).

I think that for anyone that's not super high infamy, rudder or shield is a matter of preference. Shield gives you resistance to burst damage while rudder makes it much easier to avoid damage and move around. At high infamy you have to go shield though because people have such insane damage that you can get oneshot without it. I've been hit by big torps that hit 3k and without shield my HP would be around 2750.

The Green Goblin and Sewah like this.
  4. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

If you have a t4 rare or t3 epic turbo with good perks you can get close to max speed with one turbo

I'm hoping to hit an epic rudder before mk6 for my speeder

5. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

And for being selfish. :)

6. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

The shield if it's a must. You need that speed to make it to the corner. Otherwise, you'll be flooded with bullets at full throttle.

The Green Goblin likes this.
  7. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

I'd use gear lube if anything. So you can shoot enemies then quickly target a teammate to heal them with rep box or bolt

8. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

Gear lube is the worst, rudder helps you rotate faster which help move your turret if you work it correctly

The Green Goblin likes this.
  9. The Green Goblin

With all the matches that I've been getting put in, I need all the hp I can get and speed . Constantly facing people 1000 to 1500 more than me.

10. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Not for a fixer who wants to deal damage constantly and heal teammates quickly

11. Fix-it

Fix-it Active Member

Student
    You cant use rudder itself. You need to use "Speed Trio" to use rudder. Turbo+rudder+overboost. When you combine these 3 together, you will be a basically healing speeder. At least its what Im doing...You will feel that your ship is gliding on sea. But rudder brings close combat with itself. You will face speeder problems like stucking in the wall :D If you dont like action, just be a support and heal your teammates, rudder isnt good for you.

12. The Green Goblin

Good advice. Thank you. I do enjoy the action but I only have the one weapon right now.

13. Fix-it

Fix-it Active Member

Student
    Action is like rush in when your heal items are cooling down, avoid damage, come back to your team