1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Rovio oversight or intentional defender nerf???

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Fixer Wiseman, 19 Oct 2018.

1. Fixer Wiseman

Fixer Wiseman Member

Correct me if I'm wrong as I don't main as a defender. But I've noticed that defence points have been scrapped from crew training but didn't see it mentioned on update info. With only perks increasing defense points.
    Didn't defenders benefit from a good base defense??? Would be nice to know a before and after effect on defence points on defenders. Or does a defenders defence points increase as you level up?

2. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

I'm a defender main, yes all ships have now 0 defense. I don't miss defense at all because it was near useless when big torps, firebombs, mines, and sniper crits were the ones killing off defenders. The 0 defense has been offset by the hp buff given to shields, so defenders actually got the most hp out of this change.

Also, the lack of defense means standard cannon received an indirect buff, so that helps defenders who uses it as well.

3. Wymtime

Wymtime Active Member

So I don’t think defender got a nerf. My defender was an MK6 and had 12k health. Now I have over 16k health. This is a hige boost to my boat as I can take more hits especially since my bandage gives me more health every couple of seconds. Also with the wepon buff only having 3 weapons does not seem too bad. My epic blast cannon is regularly getting 4K damage on boats on fire.

4. Exploxion

Exploxion Member

Wtf 4k dmg on burning enemy? Can i see your epic blast cannon?

5. Wymtime

Wymtime Active Member

My bad I meant explosive cannon. It is level 50 all training done and I have 4 epic 4.5% chance for critical hits on it. It does more damage on critical hits on burning boats than my big torpedo right now.

6. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

It's an indirect nerf because the disappearance of base defense lead to more carronades being used, and now defender doesn't really get an advantage over other ships in terms of withstanding carronade hits because it's used-to-be-high defense is now gone. Also, in terms of proportional hp increase, I think it increased the least.