1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Rovio messes with RNG

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by xxxBISMARCKxxx, 28 Aug 2017.

1. xxxBISMARCKxxx

xxxBISMARCKxxx Well-Known Member

Spout the buzzwords! Select the lolpic! YOU have made valuable contribution!

2. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

The outcomes of a few random draws of one person are indeed statistically insignificant. That does not mean that people are "statistically insignificant individuals". I don't even know what that's supposed to mean, or where you got it from. Seems like you're just making stuff up at this point.

3. Jdm7

Jdm7 Active Member

True not rigged, but all around it sucks

4. SharkTank

SharkTank Active Member

I think the reason that the RNG seems so "terrible" is that there are SO many items to get, so few you actually want or need, and so few opportunities to actually receive an item.

I feel like I never get what rare item I want, but then I realize I probably only get five rare items a week. With 35 possible items to get, it's no wonder I never get what I want. And I get maybe one or two epic items a week, so my chances of getting what I want there is even less.

The bigger problem is that in the long run, the game will get stale because you'll never really be able to progress items or get enough new ones to warrant switching your loadout or ship.... without spending thousands of dollars, which is absurd.

So while I don't think there is a RNG problem, there is a problem with everything being random.

5. xxxBISMARCKxxx

Although what I am saying in this thread would exactly fit within the same motivation and philosophy of creating an RNG system in the first place, wouldn't it?

Do you really need me to explain to you that "statistically significant individuals" are individuals who are statistically insignificant, or did you just want to make a post so bad and that was the best you could come up with.

6. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

People are not random chance events. An individual cannot be statistically significant or insignificant. We're talking about item acquisition. Thus, "statistically significant individual" is not something that makes sense to say. You could say the amount of random item acquisitions by a single person is statistically insignificant, but even that would be flawed as the amount of item acquisitions greatly varies between people, so there is no set amount.

But you did not think this far and just used the term "statistically insignificant individuals" in an attempt to make the devs look bad. Which is dumb, because all they've been is helpful.

7. xxxBISMARCKxxx

Neat attempt at humanism but I was just echoing the staff member saying that my experience is statistically insignificant. Now you're left trying to contort yourself in this nonsensical way to separate people from their experiences? Because... white knight attempt? Sad.

8. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

I do not agree to the accusation that there is any code injected to the game to purposely reduce our chances to getting items. However, I do think that the random factor of these item pieces has been the bane of this system.

Bismarck, i think you're in the very unlucky group. The problem with random crates is that there will be some accounts and some players that can have abysmal chances at getting anything good to develop their account, and it's solely based on their ship class and preferences.

I've been saying this from months ago, and at the time many people had their doubts, especially the Global Release players. Rovio has also once said that the current system is better than the old, but the return rates of this game and the amount of account development for players both paying and playing for free have been slow. Epic items don't seem to drop enough.

People saying that they are getting 1 epic item a week are over exaggerating.

simonwor and WarCream like this.
  9. SharkTank

SharkTank Active Member

How many epic items do you get a week? I feel like I get a few at most. Obviously F2P.

BasedCarpen likes this.
  10. TheCrisco

TheCrisco Active Member

I think he meant that even getting one a week is somewhat unusual. I get one every week and a half or so, seems like. I haven't kept precise track, but counting up my epics and comparing it to when I started, the math checks out.

11. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

My isak is upgraded since day one because I use frost blaster still I get grenades only grenades I am so sick of them now you can't imagine. Can you explain that?

12. Shadow Moon!

Exactly I was wondering the same maybe quest rewards are increased.

13. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Currently badge points are purely visual, to show how senior you are because they can not be bought, only earned.

14. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

What I would like is to have whole rare and epic items in shop ( whole item not pieces) that can be brought with gold.
    Chances of getting a rare item 1 every day
    Chances of getting an epic item 1 every 3 days.
    It will help us levelup our stuff faster and people will reach better league faster

15. SharkTank

SharkTank Active Member

Ah gotcha. Makes sense. It's too bad that as a mostly F2P player, I'll never have an epic hanger. I've spent about $40 I think and it's been mostly pointless.

16. Shadow Moon!

That is not going to happen for some years

17. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

That's the system they moved away from.

The Otherguy likes this.
  18. TheRedSpeeder

TheRedSpeeder Well-Known Member

Well it was like that before v2.0 update (and global launch) but it was changed to this system. In other words, probably never gonna change back.

19. xxxBISMARCKxxx

Well, it's not like my account can't develop- I'm sure some people would be very happy to have 4 epic Tesla shields. It's more about the ship class and preferences, and that's what I think the devs are missing with the way this RNG is implemented. Maybe the flaw is them thinking that we just generally like boats or ships or something. Which I guess is true for some? But what I have seen more from reading these forums is that people tend to be inspired more by a particular ship or style of play.

For example I like battleships, always have. The type of ship that reminds me of that is the defender. I'm never going to want to play a speeder, nothing against them, but I would probably just enjoy playing a different game more. Others maybe they really gravitate towards that quick ship and can't imagine playing a defender. Which is also fine. But giving that speeder a bunch of items more suited to a defender doesn't help anything but the grind factor.

20. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

I started playing shooter and kept getting epic repair pulse, so eventually I upgraded fixer and began doing really well with that. Now I need another turbo so I started playing speeder and have been on a solid run.

When I get my third rare turbo I'll probably go back to shooter because I'm almost at mk5 which gives me 5 weapon slots

Last edited: 29 Aug 2017