1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Rovio Devs: The Ultra League

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by American Marauder, 25 Jul 2017.

1. American Marauder

American Marauder Well-Known Member

CEO of The Skins Factory
    You didn't read my original post or you didn't understand it. Ultra league players would play with Nightmare League. They do all ready. We have about 865 Nightmare players right now..

2. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

My post has nothing to do with matchmaking at the Nightmare level; it has to do with the knock-on effect that the infamy reset has on the lower levels by having a natural depressing effect on the "infamy economy."

Regarding the numbers, I was using a count from an old meta snapshot, which said 766; if there's 100 more now, the effect is only being amplified.

Nikkie! likes this.
  3. American Marauder

American Marauder Well-Known Member

CEO of The Skins Factory
    Oh I see. Yeah I agree. The first few days of a new season are brutal for Ace 1 players. :)

Nikkie! and The Otherguy like this.
  4. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Yep. And if those Ace I players lose enough, they and their upgraded gear sink down to where they're paired with Ace II players. And so on, and so on, until you get Mk5s at triple-digit scores not from seal-clubbing, but just because "that's the natural order of things now."

5. - ZeroFactor -

- ZeroFactor - New Member

Most of these guys are the paying community, the ones Rovio really cares about

• Percy • likes this.
  6. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

I remember this thread. Good ol' times... Lol

Anyways. I think this is a good idea now because of the new matchmaking system. They should raise the bar on nightmare and/or add a new league.

7. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Support. They may be a minority, but there are people who stand at the pinnacle of this game. An ultra league would improve matchmaking, and give Nightmares something to work for. A new endgame. Who cares if it's a minority of players? It'll be fun to see who maintains their position here, though. Maybe a full legendary for the #1 spot in this league?

Edit: Also, guys, in case y'all didn't notice, the league colors are made accouring to item rarity colors. This'll cause a need for a higher item rarity. Or some color wizardry.

8. Ckim

Ckim Member

Wow only 1 day and the number of replies are surely astonishing.

I don’t know if we need ultra league when there are less than 100 people over 5k. Only 60 players were over 5k infamy for the past month. Probably will reach 100ish next season.

I think they should add a reset infamy button. I would gladly pay pearls for it. At 5k+infamy, it is impossible to finish fleeting guild quests.

Ysl and I had to wait 40 minutes to match up a game while at 5300, 4900 infamy. With greystorm or mastermind at 4K-4200, 5 minutes.

I thought battlebay was fast, fun, easy mobile game. It begins to feel like a pc game - league of legends master league and above where one has to wait 20 minutes for queue.

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  9. TheAntiSnipe

Well, at one point in the game, you go waaay ahead of the curve. You may say that BB is supposed to be fast paced. But most people who have gone that far up towards the endgame are people who paid a large amount of cash. No offence to them, lol, but these people LED to this game becoming more slow-paced, imo. If they thought this was a nice fast paced game, they should've played it slow and waited for the endgame to heighten. But no. They went ahead and bought tons of legendaries, which brought them to the very top very fast, causing this. And you know what? No matter how much of an "Upper league" the devs bring up, it's just gonna end like this. People reaching the endgame in days and waiting impatiently for more gameplay.

THAT is why matchmaking is too slow. There isn't enough competition yet, due to people getting this far, accelerating progression far more than is healthy. Hope I didn't offend anyone here, but I'm sure I did, but it had to be said.

So maybe slow down progression for those at the top? Bad idea, no? It's a vicious cycle.

Nikkie!, Zviki_SLO, _devill and 2 others like this.
  10. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

Vicious cycle of life more like

11. Ckim

Ckim Member

What I meant by fast fun mobile game was saying - short wait time in battle lobby. I don’t want my iPad to be on 30 minutes and can’t do anything because of battle lobby. If I don’t fleet and go solo, it’s usually 30 seconds but with 1500+ infamy difference in my team vs. full nightmares.

Without rushing training with pearls, at most (i think) would be lvl 35-40 depending on the specifics of exp. after the global launch.

12. NightXO

NightXO Active Member

Legendary perks only for $49.99 or craft with 20 legendary pieces :eek:

13. TheAntiSnipe

This ain't what I'm saying. Okay, lemme simplify it for ya.

If everyone had to grind, leagues would be diverse in composition, there would be tons of people in nightmare given enough time, and each "wave" would bring in more and more Nightmares. Nightmares would come in groups. Groups of people would reach thresholds.

What Rovio did was unfair in that they allowed all the early access players to keep all their progress. This means that there's a chunk of elites with tons of battle experience sitting at the endgame. Which means that, to compensate, people have to pay a lot of money, leading to "whales". Due to this situation continuing for SEVEN months, even some "whales" have mad skillz. This makes the problem of lengthened matchmaking times. Simply put, there is a "chunk" of players consistently in Nightmare, not a "continuous distribution".

Don't get me wrong, I'm giving my totally unbiased opinion in the matter. Though I'm F2P and a student. I don't care much for Nightmare, being 2.1k infamy myself, and only want to face off against Nightmares, and being among the top 10 worldwide was never my intention, but, well, I ponder on this stuff because I want to be a game designer later.

As much awesomeness this game has, I would've reset all players on the day of global launch and "trickled" in the IAPs, to make the game fairer. That's my opinion, again, no disrespect meant.

Thanks for reading.

Nikkie!, *JAWS* and • Percy • like this.
  14. vis1234567899

You will be a great game designer and i think they did not reset all players as they would have liked those players to like Battle bay. they wanted to please players

Nikkie! and • Percy • like this.
  15. TheAntiSnipe

I agree. Bad PR hurts a company like nothing else. Look at EA.

16. • Percy •

• Percy • Well-Known Member

9th grader
    I might agree with Trump...

BUT JUSTIN BEIBER IS THE LAST STRAW! KILL HIM, I SAY! :mad:

Nikkie! and The Otherguy like this.
  17. vis1234567899

however there are whales in many major games and many companies set out to get money ( not Rovio) but like all games they want to get money so whales are encouraged to spend. I spent some money on another game and then realised 1 year on the same amount would have got me so much more if i did it now so i never spent anything in other games like this. But as i was not palyer 7 months ago i cant do anything

18. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

You mean the thread which got you and wishaal banned:D:p:D

I shared this thread in other guy's random thoughts,it made me laugh,all those thread dog fights.The enthusiam is gone now, 8 out of 10 threads are whiners.The other guy suddenly bumped and i was like What the F.

Nikkie!, Joey who and • Percy • like this.
  19. vis1234567899

wait what? u can get banned because of what u say in the forum, is it just for the forum or the games as well

20. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Name calling,profanity,personal attacks can get you banned in forums.However mods are different for Forums and game.So,one does not affect the other