1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Rovio Devs: The Ultra League

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by American Marauder, 25 Jul 2017.

1. American Marauder

American Marauder Well-Known Member

CEO of The Skins Factory
    Without challenges anything can get stale. There needs to be a new league for Nightmare players to shoot for. A league that could be called… Ultra.

The Ultra League would allow players who exceed the 5000 infamy score threshold, to keep some of that hard work and reset to 5K. Only a few will make it to Ultra. In turn, It gives us Nightmare players, something to shoot for. Those of us in Nightmare, need to feel there’s something to shoot for, even if it is just bragging rights and better rewards. Right now it's like we're on a hamster wheel. Every 2 weeks we reset and start over. There's nothing to shoot for.

Note #1: Just because a player reaches Ultra doesn’t mean they’ll stay there. It would work like Nightmare. You can fall back into the Nightmare league if you don’t keep up your game. How embarrassing!

Note #2: For match-making purposes, Ultra players would still be considered Nightmare players. A higher infamy score at this level doesn't really make that much difference. We all kill the stronger players, so it shouldn't matter.

Note #3: Nightmare would still reset to 4000. This means a nightmare player will have to gain 1001 infamy points to gain entry. Better rewards and bragging rights await…

Note #4: While there is a need to balance things, I think Ultra Players should have a chance of gaining never before seen Legendary Perks in the Marketplace. High in cost, these could be perks that you can't get anywhere else. Some examples could be:

Legendary Perk Idea #1: Faraday Cage - this perk disrupts a Tesla Stun bolt's duration.

Legendary Perk Idea #2: Heater/Defrost - this perk melts a frost blast and lowers the duration a player is frozen by a percentage.

Legendary Perk Idea #3: Coolant - this perk cools down players on fire by lowering the duration of fire damage by a percentage.

Legendary Perk Idea #4: Reverse - this perk boosts reversing speed (going backwards). For Turbo only.

Just some thoughts from a User Experience designer...

Update: I thought about how the current art is for the main league page aka Current Season! screen. It would be simple to add an Ultra league spot without changing the format. Once a player graduates from Challenger, Challenger then gets removed with Warrior now being is position 1 and Ultra being in position 5.

Last edited: 26 Jul 2017
    Nikkie!, Ænima, Valkhadin and 13 others like this.
  2. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

Yeah, this is a cool idea... For the 0,1% top pay to win players that is. 95% of the players wil never ever make it to nightmare league. Then why on earth do we need an even higher league than that lol. Isn't it honourable enough already to be in the top 10 worldwide?

3. Biffter

Biffter Active Member

I've had similar ideas about heater perks to shorten frost..sprinkler to shorten burn..but then people will scream nerf.
    Maybe it could be applied to legendary only?
    Oh..and the Faraday cage?..literally made me laugh:)

4. American Marauder

CEO of The Skins Factory
    Makes sense though right? I mean about the Faraday Cage. :) At least these nerfs are earned by players. Plus we're talking about 10-20% shorter durations.

The Otherguy likes this.
  5. American Marauder

CEO of The Skins Factory
    Oh and yes, they would fall under Legendary Perks only.

6. Biffter

Biffter Active Member

For sure it makes sense..it's the perfect name for that perk:)..or maybe Farabay Cage?o_O
    And yep..correct about earning nerfs..don't think they'd be happy about it in general circulation tho.

7. Zangetsu

Zangetsu Well-Known Member

They have better things to do than cater to an extreme minority.

8. American Marauder

CEO of The Skins Factory
    So glad you could share your opinion. It means a lot to me...

9. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

This is definitely needed, so when season resets all the leaderboard guys aren't setup against lower level players

10. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

The trade off is that they probably never match anyone, given how little that minority is if the infamy disparity isn't loosened even more, which would defeat the whole purpose entirely. Not sure how satisfied and what that User Experience rating would be for players above 5k would be if it takes an hour to search for a matchup (this has happened in other ladderboard games like CoC for example).

• Percy • and Ultrah like this.
  11. Flying Bananasaur

Flying Bananasaur Active Member

but how rare would the legendary perks be?

The Otherguy likes this.
  12. Joey who

That's true. I think Rovio will wait until they are lots more in the 4000-4500 ranges

Nikkie! and GuerrillaPvP like this.
  13. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Yeah, seems like they need to make another page of Shop items for this to even be feasible. Right now Epics barely even appear as it is, with Legendaries, judging from the Item drop rate it's like maybe once a month or something.

14. WarCream

WarCream Well-Known Member

This Will be an option in a near future for sure. But your naming sense is off .......

15. Joey who

I could imagine the guys who spend thousands refreshing the store repeatedly trying to find legendary perks... or legendary perk pieces? Lol

Nikkie! and • Percy • like this.
  16. Flying Bananasaur

Flying Bananasaur Active Member

Let's not give any ideas...:p
    I think one generated ever month with a very rare chance of another would be ideal.

Nikkie! likes this.
  17. Joey who

Haha. I just said I could imagine it x)

Nikkie! likes this.
  18. Rango8

Rango8 Well-Known Member

So make the guys who spend to be op able to be even more op against the players they're already op against? I'll support that. Sounds fun for everyone involved. Or you could just drop infamy and run around destroying boats way weaker than you anyway since you don't need the rewards. Don't get banned :)

19. Joey who

Sounds op

Nikkie!, • Percy • and Rango8 like this.
  20. RAJOAN REDOY

RAJOAN REDOY Active Member

It Will be really AWESOME bro if the makr the ultra league..
    Very cool idea

American Marauder likes this.