1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Rivalry Matching is broken

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Suraj69k, 2 Oct 2018.

1. Suraj69k

Suraj69k Member

Software geek and developer
    So like always THIS is my rivalry... Screenshot_2018-10-02-13-04-38-727_com.rovio.battlebay.png
    now see the total infamy count of the first ,last and MY guild.....
    Screenshot_2018-10-02-13-04-43-926_com.rovio.battlebay.png Screenshot_2018-10-02-13-04-51-031_com.rovio.battlebay.png Screenshot_2018-10-02-13-04-57-237_com.rovio.battlebay.png

WHAT is going on?? GLOBAL RANK 91 placed with a GLOBAL RANK 18480 guild!!!
    SURELY there is a SCAM ... DEVS place the guild who pays the MOST so that they WIN ALWAYS......
    what about us ?? this is happening straight third time in row.....well we dont matter right cause we dont pay:(:mad:

Now I often hear people saying that if guild does more quests it will be placed accordigly..but COMEON not like this:eek::eek:

I hope this dosen't happen next time else BATTLE BAY will LOOSE another invaluable player OR the entire guild :confused::(

2. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

Do a quick search and you'll find about 100 other threads with the same complaint - with some very detailed debates.

Seriously .. the forum needs a FAQ or FCA (frequently complained about) section.

Ash KOT likes this.
  3. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    No need, every section has 10+ Nerf-Buff-matchmaking-unfair-Battle Bay is dying-new update sucks-I'm leaving thread. I love the positivity here. o_O

4. JediKnight1968

JediKnight1968 Active Member

Rivalry matching works by matching guilds with similar performance on last two weeks rivalries, meaning if you clear 36-38 quests average on the two weeks on the third you will face tougher opponents with similar results as yours.
    Now for the 17000 placement guild. Some guilds have two different guild names. One is active for two weeeks and when it gets hard to get results they all jump to the second guild which after two weeks of inactivity has reset to the lowest point of rivalry matching and play again for two weeks easier match until they finish the two weeks mark and jump again on the first guild.

Now is this legal you ask?
    As far as I know some people say the devs have declared this as illegal and guilds who do this will be banished.

5. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

It's a known issue that Guild members jump between shell guilds every few weeks to get easier rivalries. The 18,840 Global Rank Guild is one that was disbanded just before your Rivalry. You can use common sense to figure this out... do you actually think those 3 players could have completed 33 Quests in the prior week?

6. JediKnight1968

JediKnight1968 Active Member

My issue is that its a known problem but no one is doing anything to close the loop hole.
    Its all because matching systems are flawed and because they are flawed people start looking for options to get away from the problem they create.
    They end up playing against smaller dynamic guilds in rivalries in which they win easily so now we have frustrated smaller guilds that either abandon the game or they start looking for the way to do the same thing.
    Its an easy fix guys. Create a matching system for all events/normal play/rivalries that uses all aspects of the game (infamy, gear score, captain level/training, gear score),

Suraj69k likes this.