1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Reviving the Bay - a list of suggestions!

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by • Poison •, 28 Mar 2019.

1. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I keep thinking all your suggestions primarily apply to top players as they don't really apply below NML where 90% of the player base lives. What I've always suggested is an alternative to your plan: is a simple moving average Infamy calculation based on hundreds of matches rather than the per match ratings which are ridiculous. That way players can play in ranked and their Infamy won't move that fast one way or another, so they'll feel a lot more comfortable playing lots of ranked matches. As a side effect it also solves the long standing infamy tanking issue. One can also punt on that and just make battle rewards 2X+ in ranked and it'll get more players. There are a lot of easy yet highly effective solutions, but doing nothing is going to continue to run players off.

But again I go back to the fact that Matchmaking (Ranked, Event, and Casual) is not putting together competitive matches. Without that, nothing else matters, not fleeting, not match type... literally nothing.