1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Return of Big Bertha.

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Vikeshot, 15 Dec 2017.

1. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Come on up to nightmare sometime and have a look for yourself man.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  2. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

Shut down the Meta, inverse frost and fire dmg bonuses. Frost now boosts cannon dmg and fire boosts torp and mortar dmg. Frost will be removed only if hit by a cannon, fire will be removed only if hit by a mortar.

3. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

That will be fun, but I think many shooters will have their lives cut short due to that.

Vikeshot likes this.
  4. TheAntiSnipe

I will... In a few lifespans loool.

5. Miku Da Yo 39

How so? I think it actually balances the game out and solves this Berta issue

6. TheAntiSnipe

Since flare is a dps weapon, breaking it should deal direct damage. Since it is dps, breaking flare in a second will deal too little damage, meaning that to balance it, it'll do direct damage. Thus, it will become the most exploitable flash damage assassination loadout. Just because flare stacks healblocks doesnt mean it can be nerfed that heavily without a proportionate buff. You sure about this?

7. Miku Da Yo 39

By fire removed I meant that literally. It still does dmg overtime, just all bonus flare effects removed so people can't stack it. Nothing wrong with flare dmg over time, but if frost effect can be lost on a break, at least flare effects should be too. This idea might work so I'll make a thread

8. TheAntiSnipe

That's a decent nerf. +1

9. Vikeshot

Vikeshot Member

That's the main point. All weapons should be as fun as flare + explosive cannon.

10. Vikeshot

Vikeshot Member

Extra speed will be bad. If all the morters have that, no matter how fast u are, as soon as u see that red area, u can't escape it. So, maybe the red area indication can be changes. Opacity reduced. Or delayed. Or.....something....

11. Vikeshot

Vikeshot Member

Iam sure you can say something better and productive to this discussion than that.

12. Vikeshot

Vikeshot Member

If speeders get nerfed, big bertha won't be the choice. The standard morter will. Any SPEED related solution will not be equally applied to anything here. Speed perks vs damage perks is a good option. Else, the damage area indicatior changes maybe do the trick

13. Vikeshot

Vikeshot Member

Relax. That player HATES morters. Maybe wants morters removed too.

14. Vikeshot

Vikeshot Member

Or maybe bring back the frost. No lost on hit, just reduce the extra frost damage. Already frost.users have reduced a lot. The frost also needs a comeback

15. Vikeshot

Vikeshot Member

OR maybe, the frost can be removed only by a DIRECT damage. That should bring the frost back. It will be trickier for a speeder using 1 swift torp and 1 big torp to splash the damage in order not to break the frost.

16. Vikeshot

Vikeshot Member

But that still brings the Big Bertha issue. I hope this goes to the Devs. They can have a discussion in making ALL weapons usable in ALL leagues. Not Nerfing or buffing a targated weapon to affect a portiin of the gamers.

17. Vikeshot

Vikeshot Member

That's the thing. Changing one morter will be a question to the others. Therefore, introduction of damage and speed perks or.... Area indicator changes.

18. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

Area indicator changes is the only one that will work fairly. Real mortars do not indicate the area they will fall on.
    Any comments devs.....

Vikeshot likes this.
  19. Miku Da Yo 39

Personally I think Berta should have the same projectile speed as a standard mortar. It's a 2 point weapon. It should just be a mortar that does more damage. I don't get why they had to make the projectile so slow. It's cooldown is already super long too.

20. Vikeshot

Vikeshot Member

That is what I am trying to say. It's a heavy weapon. It is supposed to deal higher damage than the standard weapons. But right now, it's a weapon of chance damage. And it is used quite rarely.