1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Return of Big Bertha.

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Vikeshot, 15 Dec 2017.

1. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Big bertha doesn't even exist.

2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

They should make it so that Mortimer gets a talent to dramatically increase projectile speed at an approximate level where the player reaches Nightmare. For ALL mortars.

Vikeshot likes this.
  3. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Mortar is low risk weapon,Hence Mediocre(Low) reward,And if you want to it to do same damage as other weapons while chilling and shooting from other side of the wall then i dont think your demand is liable.And Pertaining i can say that firebomb and missiles are too good.

Although as anti sniper said,a very slight increase in projectile speed would be good for all mortars,in context to what jaws said better turbos.(All canons and torps get projectile buff)

P.S.----I m not a mortar biased player
    IMG_6108.PNG IMG_6109.PNG

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  4. Vikeshot

Vikeshot Member

All morters already has a good weak point, and its also a good balance. CLOSE RANGE. Shooting from the other side of the wall is of course a safe way to play with it, but when you will be encountering close combat, that weapon is dead. But as speed of the ships are getting better, the big Bertha does not live up to the name. Fire bombs are used very commonly because not only it has a higher radius but also it enables the fire bonus on all cannons. The Big Bertha after the Frost nerf, is now quite poor, as it is now a standalone weapon like the Missile. So if it comes to missile or Big Bertha, 90% will choose the Missile. Therefore what I'm trying to say still needs discussion. Every weapon in the game should be fun to use in its own way. My request to the developers will be that instead of nerfing, that always tends to hurt the players although the nerf is for everyone, projectile speed increase for morters, specially the Bertha is welcome...

Tell me this, what will you use.
    ∆ TWO legendary long range mortars
    ∆ ONE legendary Big Bertha.

So therefore there should be an advantage of using the big Bertha over two other Morters.

5. Vikeshot

Vikeshot Member

Tell me this. What will you choose.

∆ Big torpedo
    ∆ Explosive Cannon
    ∆ Railgun
    ∆ Big Bertha

All of these four are heavy weapons.

You can defeat a speeder with the big torpedo as it can be directed towards obstacles for splash damage.
    The Explosive Canon has already been nerfed and it works just fine with it's reduced splash damage.
    The Rail gun has a minimum range for maximum damage but can also do point blank.
    Can you kill a speeder with a big Bertha? What are the chances? It's a weapon mainly for defensive enemies.
    So the big Bertha should have one advantage over every other heavy weapon which will make it special.

6. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

An advantage like the ability to hit over walls/obstacles? Massive splash damage?

Out of your list though, I'd like a nice explosive cannon. I've never liked mortars.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  7. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

You are describing a Ballpark Mortar.

8. Vikeshot

Vikeshot Member

U never liked morters. Hence the hate.

9. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

10. SuperDuper!

SuperDuper! New Member

This game is only about cannon and flares. Everything else is just for quest.

11. TheAntiSnipe

Lol just because it's meta doesnt make it the only setup(though you kinda have a point there, I use cannon and flare myself).

Vikeshot likes this.
  12. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

i love big bertha on my speeder but i get the point that only in 5 out of 100 shots have i hit an enforcer or speeder so if someone is stalking me , all i can do is try to defeat the shooters and fixers.
    I just want extra speed on projectile and maybe as a bonus nullify any colour on the projectile landing space so enemies dont know which sides mortar shot it is

13. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

Big Berta is useless in later stages because of its projectile speed and it already has a super good replacement aka missiles
    Super fast massive dmg and lower cooldown what else do you need?

Vikeshot likes this.
  14. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    Maybe top players with epic t5 turbo, i have 1.28 in my shooter
    Because of frost nerf
    But anyway, jaws is right. Mortars suffer because of high speed of enemies in the endgame. So maybe some projectile speed perks of talents?

Vikeshot likes this.
  15. TheAntiSnipe

It's bad in general since levelling one is a waste of resources unless you're an enfo main using frost in Nightmare. Otherwise, no Nightmare shooter will use it if they have an option.

16. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

That's just silly.

17. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Nerf speeders,Make big berta useful again!:)

craz¥burd and Stelmo like this.
  18. TheAntiSnipe

?

Vikeshot likes this.
  19. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Plenty of nightmare shooters run big berta, I know one great shooter who even runs two of them.
    Getting pretty fed up with this poppycock about mortars becoming obsolete in nightmare league now.
    Maybe don't contribute to the spread of misinformation, it's not helpful.

20. TheAntiSnipe

Basically, Big Berta is too useless in speederfights, imo. It's a wep that is also a gamble for a shooter. If you've got an enfo backing you with frost, or if you are against shooters and defenders, it's good, otherwise it's obsolete.

I do get your point, but levelling a berta would be a mistake if the nightmare speeder meta continues. It looks as if Nightmare is gonna be highly speeder dominated soon, what with so many Nightmares switching over.

Let's face it, you would prefer a good bigtorp or excannon over a Berta in a speederfight.
    Of course, you could be matched against shooters as well, where Berta would come into play, but chances are, it's usually gonna be a raptorfight. Even if youre against shooters, firebombs and excannons are a lot better when compared to Berta.

And no, I did not say, "Don't level it AT ALL". I just stated, be aware, it's a waste of resources if you have better options at hand. If you know your mortars and trust them to hit speeders easily enough, sure, use big berta, bait speeders from the back to make them waste nitros and lure them straight into a berta shot. But. It's a loooot easier to just run an excannon and give them the smack down. So ya. Imo, berta is a waste of resources IF you have a better 2 slot ready with dupes.

And no, my opinion is not misinformed, berta is severely underplayed in late Ace and Nightmare, and though it has HUGE damage going for it, the said damage is much more easily delivered from the business end of an excannon. The ability to go over walls is not much when faced with enemies who can waltz out of the radius, is it?

Vikeshot likes this.