1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

REPAIR BOLT

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by wtfack, 29 Jun 2017.

?

repair bolt

1. good

18 vote(s)
    29.0%
  2. ussless

44 vote(s)
    71.0%
  1. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

I think it is a good and very useful item in the right hands. Yes it has it's pros and cons but it isn't bad nor great. It is what you make of it

2. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Given how items are acquired it will take some time before I have it at a useable level.

The lack of selfhealing (for a 2p item) severely limits your setup. Being mk5 I would need to play either Pulse+Bolt or Bolt+Box+Box.
    Its hard to justify using a 2p item that doesnt push more hps (and cant selfheal) - That being said I really like the concept of Repair Bolt and its versatility. Once numbers get a balance adjustment it could turn into something sweet

Netsa and Joey who like this.
  3. Fiorell

Fiorell Active Member

Since the cooldown is so high on the bolt, the HPS (heals per second) is lesser than the HPS from the box.

wtfack likes this.
  4. Galiprout

Galiprout New Member

First time playing the new version this morning... and guess what? I got an epic repair bolt in a gift box. Pure random chance or they are distributing everywhere to condensate for low adoption?

5. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

Must be random, I have never gotten 1 repair bolt yet. (Wich I'm totally ok with since I'm a shooter)

6. wtfack

wtfack Active Member

It seems to be a "upping" of the usless bolt.

7. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

Here we go, it took me a while to get the gold but I finally got my Mk 4 Fixer and found a lucky Rare Repair Bolt. I first tried your idea of using the Bolt and the Duct Tape, which worked out horribly. A Speeder on 1 HP kept circling me and I couldn't help him. Dealing with the depression, I scrapped the Tape and just went with Bolt+Box, instead. And what a coincidence, you just happened to show up that game! :D

These are the results from the Battle Log, which for some reason includes self-healing. The real numbers were roughly over 3000 for me and over 7000 for Mang. Just ignore the fact that he's using Epics and I'm using an Uncommon and a Rare.
    Despite the cooldown, the Repair Bolt really is able to heal pretty well. Being able to heal at range is freaking amazing. However, given the same opportunities, the Pulse overpowers it due to being AoE. During this match, each of us had 3 other people we were healing for most of the match (the Shooter, the Defender, and each other). I was able to end with a respectable amount of healing done, but since I can only heal one person at once while Mang heals three, the Pulse was the obvious winner.

After trying it out, I still like it and will continue using it, but it really feels like a 1-point item. The Repair Box, while it takes longer to reach the target and doesn't have the range, heals for the same amount, sometimes more. I know at higher levels it can take off CC but is that really so amazing and useful as to add an extra point cost? If they're afraid people will stop using the Box, just add the Box's critical chance to it's visible statistics. People will know what's up.
    Screenshot_20170702-114908.png

mang inasar likes this.
  8. mang inasar

mang inasar Active Member

i agree, repair bolt should only take up one slot. its nice to see you tried it and did well, i also have a rare repair bolt (t2) and i really hate it. its crap at 2 slots.

9. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

As a small correction since I only recently leveled Fixer, the critical chance is visible on the Repair Box. It just has a base chance of zero and only gets a critical chance after adding one from the crew tree.

10. Galiprout

Galiprout New Member

Hey, it was changed to 1 slot and I did not know! I didn't scrap my epic item, phew.

11. Flying Bananasaur

Flying Bananasaur Active Member

I also pulled an epic bolt out of a common box. Saving it for mk5 so I can run box, bolt, and pulse